Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Paninistickers

Sack him

3 hours ago, HUNTA84 said:

It's all well and good ranting on here about the ownership of the club etc but it's about the fans making their voices heard, putting their foot down at matches or with protests outside the ground etc. There's no evidence of this happening or about to happen, and that's because some of our fan base see football as a family day out. This is backed up when you look at the percentages around fan attendance for each home game. I think ours is the highest in the league with around 95% of the stadium full for each game. This doesn't show any animosity towards the running of the club. We need to hit the owners even more in the pocket and force them to take a good look at themselves and the running of the club. You only have to look at the passion of other clubs fans over the years, showing their aggrevancies / disgruntlements with the running of their club, with protests inside and outside of the ground. This is where it will hit them and hurt them the most. I don't think some of our fans have that in them. Good 

Good points and the reality is that some fans are not as passionate as others, can't change that either, for every arms up in the air raver there's a bit disappointed but what for dinner.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HUNTA84 said:

It's all well and good ranting on here about the ownership of the club etc but it's about the fans making their voices heard, putting their foot down at matches or with protests outside the ground etc. There's no evidence of this happening or about to happen, and that's because some of our fan base see football as a family day out. This is backed up when you look at the percentages around fan attendance for each home game. I think ours is the highest in the league with around 95% of the stadium full for each game. This doesn't show any animosity towards the running of the club. We need to hit the owners even more in the pocket and force them to take a good look at themselves and the running of the club. You only have to look at the passion of other clubs fans over the years, showing their aggrevancies / disgruntlements with the running of their club, with protests inside and outside of the ground. This is where it will hit them and hurt them the most. I don't think some of our fans have that in them. 

No. Not anymore. The fans are the soundtrack now, not the funding. The owners do not need your approval, your money to the level they once did. It’s rough, but it’s utterly undeniable.

The only reason the Man Utd, Chelsea protests worked is because of what they represent to the league and the poor optics it represented to the brand of Sky.

If it was us or Brighton, Forest, etc they just would not show it, it’s no loss to them as they would show a different match.

1 hour ago, Ian Nacho said:

Makes you sick that a manager such as Paul Heckingbottom can get a team promoted out of this division. 

Managing Barnsley, leeds, Hibs and Sheffield he'd probably do a better job than Enzo.

Paul's probably thinking, makes you sick and manager like Enzo gets the job at a brilliant club like LCFC, with no experience whatsoever.

• Like 4

Enzo was an appointment for the deluded

romantics amongst us all.

Warnock and big Sam types where being laughed at,as was Dyche for a Rodgers replacement pre-relegation.

We are Leicester city a yo yo team that's had a good 8 year run.our players fight and dig in. We hassle and get the ball forward quick.Foxes never Quit .That's the Leicester way!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ian Nacho said:

Makes you sick that a manager such as Paul Heckingbottom can get a team promoted out of this division. 

Doubt that Sheff U side would be getting promoted this year. 91 might only be good enough for 4th.

Edited by Number 6

11 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

Warnock and big Sam types where being laughed at,as was Dyche for a Rodgers replacement pre-relegation.

We are Leicester city a yo yo team that's had a good 8 year run.our players fight and dig in. We hassle and get the ball forward quick.Foxes never Quit .That's the Leicester way!

Shouldn’t drink beer before posting.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

It's been like that since Puel then Rodgers now Enzo.. this is the style the club want but as has been said we don't have a good or big enough squad of players for that.

I think the club needs to change this style next time we employ a new manager, I think the most important thing now though is backing the current manager and team to get us promoted.

• Like 1

A manager like Enzo was an expensive choice given it came with a system not suited to the players we had at the club. With that said it's bizarre we didn't seem to get further loans from Man City given we'd play the system they do and it would be a cheaper route. Surely could have got an 8 or a winger from them in.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dr.o.ball said:

Good points and the reality is that some fans are not as passionate as others, can't change that either, for every arms up in the air raver there's a bit disappointed but what for dinner.

What's for dinner and still feeling the need to leave the stadium ten minutes early, regardless of the way the game's going!

21 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

The thing about Enzo is he is nurtured to play a particular style. Perhaps he could tweak that style at times but at present, he may (rightly so) feel he doesn’t have the players to properly implement style A let alone try style b. 

It all goes back to top (literally). If you are hiring a manager of that mentality you better be ready to fund him relentlessly. If you’re hiring him knowing you’ve got potential breach of regulation that will hinder that, don’t ****ing hire him. 

It’s like last season, we persevered with Rodgers knowing our team, investment will be significantly reduced. There may have been mistakes as to why but react and correct. Look at Wolves. They knew what was coming, they held a fire sale and hired a man who was perfect for their situation. They’ll have to ride a storm but they’ve got a better chance of coming out of it then we will ever have because of the situation this fool chairman and his board has put us in. 

We needed pragmatism this summer. What was coming and has come is going to hit us hard and regardless of where we finish, what league we are in, we are not prepared for it. 

Enzo’s time here is over because we can’t build what he wants. For all the criticism that is justifiably due to him, it doesn’t correct another absolute brain fart of the owner and his board. Top and his board are parasites to this club and they need someone to overrule them. Bring in a manager who can “slum it” and get the best of what is left of the squad next year. 

Put it very well, a squad, financial situation and manager mismatch.  Thats on the owner to get right.

7 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

It's been like that since Puel then Rodgers now Enzo.. this is the style the club want but as has been said we don't have a good or big enough squad of players for that.

I think the club needs to change this style next time we employ a new manager, I think the most important thing now though is backing the current manager and team to get us promoted.

Firstly, all clubs have the same size squads.

Secondly, most clubs in this division would love our squad, players who don't get a sniff in the starting 11 would walk into many teams. 

Heck! It was only 2 seasons ago most fans were generally in agreement we had the strongest depth we'd ever had, in the Premier League! Deluded in hindsight maybe, but don't let that take anything away from the above point regarding this season.

Thirdly, people would have you believe this style is the only way to play, the word 'sustainable' was used alot.

It's not sustainable, at all, financially or successfully.

I feel people are finally waking up to the third point, getting fed up and the penny is finally dropping though.

Edited by Matt

I’m giving Enzo tomorrow’s game to sort this mess out. He’s got a lot of work to do.

need a win by hook it by crook but if it’s pants down bend over I’ve had it with him.

13 hours ago, Viva said:

You wouldn’t have said that a couple of months ago though. Nobody would. With the signings we made last summer, Top gave Enzo enough tools to make his system work. The appointment was good and I do think the style would be fine if we was in the Premier League. Not many teams would defend so deep against us. 
The big loss we had of £90m or so will be wiped off next season, so in theory from 1st July, we might have room to move a little in the market if we are in the Premier League. 

The way we have been playing we would be murdered in the premier league, all those tippy tappy passes at the back ending up at opposition forwards would be goals conceded.  We also would have entire blocks of players pressing us, when thats happened this season we havent handled it.

Early season we benefited from almost everyone fearing us, the sitting back which you think hindered us actually helped us get those 1 goal victories.  No one would fear us up there.  Our football isnt next level football, but sadly a bunch of people seem to have been fooled into thinking it is, all because of Pep and his 1 billion pound set of players.  Burnley are still waiting for their players to play the system well.

There also has been people within the past couple of months questioning the problems, they were just drowned out by all the patting posts.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

The way we have been playing we would be murdered in the premier league, all those tippy tappy passes at the back ending up at opposition forwards would be goals conceded.  We also would have entire blocks of players pressing us, when thats happened this season we havent handled it.

Early season we benefited from almost everyone fearing us, the sitting back which you think hindered us actually helped us get those 1 goal victories.  No one would fear us up there.  Our football isnt next level football, but sadly a bunch of people seem to have been fooled into thinking it is, all because of Pep and his 1 billion pound set of players.  Burnley are still waiting for their players to play the system well.

There also has been people within the past couple of months questioning the problems, they were just drowned out by all the patting posts.

If people were questioning a couple of months ago, what a bad decision it was hiring Enzo and being 15 points or whatever clear of third, then they would have rightly been drowned out. The fact of the matter was, some people were questioning the style, but I didn’t see anyone suggest he was a bad appointment. 
Sacking the manager now, when we are potentially a few hours away from being back at the top of the table and bringing in someone like Dean Smith again would be stupid. I don’t know how we would attract a decent manager in the future if they knew they faced the sack after one bad spell!  

32 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

I’m giving Enzo tomorrow’s game to sort this mess out. He’s got a lot of work to do.

need a win by hook it by crook but if it’s pants down bend over I’ve had it with him.

Doesn’t win tomorrow, surely he’s gone, 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Viva said:

If people were questioning a couple of months ago, what a bad decision it was hiring Enzo and being 15 points or whatever clear of third, then they would have rightly been drowned out. The fact of the matter was, some people were questioning the style, but I didn’t see anyone suggest he was a bad appointment. 
Sacking the manager now, when we are potentially a few hours away from being back at the top of the table and bringing in someone like Dean Smith again would be stupid. I don’t know how we would attract a decent manager in the future if they knew they faced the sack after one bad spell!  

I dont think we should be sacking him right now, but I also think it is moot, as he wont be manager next season for the club.

He is a manager that requires relentless funding to support his football ideology, and our owner is now demonstrating he wont go down that route with his half in half out approach to FFP.

Dean Smith ironically is exactly the sort of manager we need, back to basics, and getting the best out of players befitting to the club, I have got news for you, and I do apologise for the shock, we are not a Manchester City, Barcelona or Real Madrid. 

If we are promoted he will be gone by Christmas (or dead man walking Rodgers style).  You can quote this post then if I am wrong.

Your post really puts people in a lose lose, you even said yourself if anyone dared muttering it when we was winning games, they would have been called out for it, but if they waited until the results turned you calling out for it.   So when are people allowed to say they have had enough of Enzo?

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Doesn’t win tomorrow, surely he’s gone, 

He will only go if he resigns in a huff

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HUNTA84 said:

…We need to hit the owners even more in the pocket and force them to take a good look at themselves and the running of the club…

Good luck with that argument, most on here seem to think paying for tickets, merchandising, and sending a collective open letter of strongly worded disapproval will elicit the change required. 

They are completely wrong. The club will collapse because of it. 

15 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

I dont think we should be sacking him right now, but I also think it is moot, as he wont be manager next season for the club.

He is a manager that requires relentless funding to support his football ideology, and our owner is now demonstrating he wont go down that route with his half in half out approach to FFP.

Dean Smith ironically is exactly the sort of manager we need, back to basics, and getting the best out of players befitting to the club, I have got news for you, and I do apologise for the shock, we are not a Manchester City, Barcelona or Real Madrid. 

If we are promoted he will be gone by Christmas (or dead man walking Rodgers style).  You can quote this post then if I am wrong.

Your post really puts people in a lose lose, you even said yourself if anyone dared muttering it when we was winning games, they would have been called out for it, but if they waited until the results turned you calling out for it.   So when are people allowed to say they have had enough of Enzo?

People can say they want Enzo out whenever they want. However, when you were on course for one of the best seasons in any league in English history, the arguments against him being a bad appointment would clearly stack up.  

Pointless comment about us not being Barcelona etc. 

We can worry about the Premier League if and when we get there. I'm truly not concerned at all about that at this moment. We need to get promoted this season and sacking Enzo now and appointing a caretaker for a game or two like last season and then someone for a month, is probably not going to be the magic cure for our loss in form that people might think. 

Edited by Viva

1 minute ago, Viva said:

…when you are on course for one of the best seasons in any league in English history…

I’m drinking gin atm, what quality legal high are you currently indulging?

Just now, Daggers said:

I’m drinking gin atm, what quality legal high are you currently indulging?

Keep drinking then mate. Was talking about two months ago.