Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Paninistickers

Sack him

Just now, bovril said:

We're better this year and there's no excuse. But in terms of the bad run this is looking quite similar to 12/13 which was absolutely awful let's not forget - the defeats at Barnsley and at home to Millwall especially. 

We couldn't buy a win.

However, Pearson (always tactically clueless) kept shaking the team up, changing formations and personnel in a desperate hail mary to stop the freefall. It didn't work til Forest away. But, I guess, at least he tried to arrest the slide. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ramboacdc said:

Bank balance being the first one I can think of. Gardening leave on full pay until end of contract with us getting a new manager in means paying 2 sets of wages, breaking the contract will be possibily just as expensive. 

Oh for Mike Stowell right now!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

Seagrave must be a quiet place at the minute as we have **** all available.

Can't spend it 

We Have hundreds of millions available 

Just can't spend it 

So we are muffled rather than silenced 

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Monday is a big one for me. Lose that, and I just can’t think of any justification for not giving another manager a try. 

You'd hope the hierarchy realize that inaction caused relegation and that not winning promotion is like relegation all over again with the financial hit we will take, we will get pelters from the clueless pundits who will say "he wasn't backed", it's bullshit and we should ignore the noise like we've always done. A competent, experienced manager will get this lot motoring again, I'm sure of it.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, the draper said:

Can't spend it 

We Have hundreds of millions available 

Just can't spend it 

So we are muffled rather than silenced 

I doubt we do have hundreds of millions available, if we did we would surely repay the loans we have early rather than pay more interest.

3 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I doubt we do have hundreds of millions available, if we did we would surely repay the loans we have early rather than pay more interest.

I'd say the money is there it's just that it's controlled by the Board wheras Vichai ( god rest him )could just give the order to spend or put his hand in his pocket as he done afew times.

KP are pretty much back where they were pre covid and getting stronger.

1 hour ago, Crinklyfox said:

We will live or die on the cross of Enzoball.  Which is a real shame as I like Enzo, he's turned the club around at the start of the season, which was no mean task and is easily forgotten now.  He believes in his style of play, and you have to have belief in your abilities as a manager so I don't and won't criticise him for that.

I think that he is a much better fit for us than BR, but in my view BR was absolutely correct in his early analysis of our troubled team - you can't just play one way.  If you do it's easy for the opposition to learn your strategy and vulnerabilities and set up accordingly.

If we are to recover this season (which I doubt at this stage) then we have to be able to switch the play to a different mode when necessary - and I don't believe that Enzo will do that.

I wouldn't sack him, he's been too good for our club and I believe that he can still develop as a manager to our eventual advantage.

You're confusing coaching, where he has his style, principles and philosophy (good for him), and managership, where you also need good man management, motivational skills that impact on different types of people and some added tactical nous, all of which he appears to lack at present. 

• Like 1

All

3 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

You're confusing coaching, where he has his style, principles and philosophy (good for him), and managership, where you also need good man management, motivational skills that impact on different types of people and some added tactical nous, all of which he appears to lack at present. 

W've lost games yes but we haven't been outplayed by anyone. Even the games we've lost we could or should have won with the chances created.

All our problems can be traced back to Rogers poor signings, The system is not the problem it's the personnel.

Enzo can only play the players he has available which simply are'nt good enough when the going gets tough.

Yes he's lost 3 or 4 games but what about the other 34 games he's won, Don't they count for anything.

His methods is the way all football is going, we're just seeing it earlier here than at other Clubs, But all the good teams are trying to play total football and through the opposition.

Wait until Enzo has a chance to sign his own players before blaming him for anything.

Maybe he's not the best motivator but he certainly got the players to buy into his methods quickly.

Where I do have a problem with him is his failure to mix things up instead of letting games run out without trying anything.

For instance why not switch Wingers during games. Mav is having to face two and 3 defenders. Move him to the right then the defenders don't know what to do.

Maybe just long enough for us to score. Similarly bring Coady on and move Vesty up top. Move Winks into a more advanced position and use Hamza as the holding midfielder.

There's pleny of these type of changes that could just confuse the opposition long enough for us to get ahead in the games.

It seems many on here foolishly want the like of Dean Smith or similar back.

It's too late in the season to change anything. Keep the faith supprort the Team and reacess in the Summer.

I hope Enzo gets a chance to continue what is a long term project. Because I really think he can take us to the top.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Remember preseason, quite a few on here were convinced we were doomed to league one, even before a ball was kicked in anger. They must be totally made up with our current position? :ph34r:

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Just try to relax and enjoy the weekend.

Am sure Enzo will know he needs to change for Monday.

Start afresh of Monday and get behind them.

I am as certain as certain can be that he won't change.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We cannot lay this all at the manager's door.  The players need to look at themselves, they look like rabbits caught in the headlights, doubts have crept in, and confidence has drained under the pressure of promotion.  There seems to be a reoccurrence of the two 4th place finishes that were in our grasp, only for our team to shoot themselves in the foot on more than one occasion.  Some of the same players that were damaged from those campaigns remain at the club, hence we bought Coady to be a leader on the pitch and in the dressing room.

Not playing Coady seems to be an odd decision by Enzo, if it is leaders we lack on the pitch and the club did indeed think that was the only reason we went down, then you have to play him.  Obviously, those at the top never point the finger at themselves, but why spaff all that money on a player when the club is skint, and then don't use him?  This to me seems to represent the malaise the club finds itself in.  It could be a long few years ahead, but I hope not, and the players grow some and get us promoted.        

Edited by Le Renard
  • Like 2

Always remember hearing Jose Mourinho saying that the team in possession is the team in danger, also the team most likely to make a mistake. And Mourinho made a career of exploiting this fact. I'm afraid this is Enzo's Leicester in a nutshell these days. As Leicester supporters we already know this, courtesy of Claudio.  

"You love the word possession and you love the stats,” Mourinho said,  “It is a little bit like the efficiency of players and sometimes you say: ‘The stats say Player B had 92% of efficiency in his passing.’ But the stats don’t say that player only made passes of two metres, they don’t say that the player was a centre-back who only passed to the other centre-back. Or a No 6 who only passed to a No 8.

“And the guy that had 65% of efficiency on his pass is the guy that made the assist, is the guy that makes the adept passes, is the guy that makes 60-metre passes to change the direction of the play. So the stats many, many times are like an incredible piece of meat or fish but badly cooked. It doesn’t tell me much. What tells me [much] is the number of goals you score and the number of chances that you create.”

Mourinho said that he was open to every style. “It depends on the circumstances, on the opponent, on your players, on your weaknesses, too. When sometimes I see people in the lower divisions trying to play the way the top players do and then make incredible mistakes because they have not enough quality … I just feel that is wrong. I promise you that nobody knows better than I do our own weaknesses.”

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

We cannot lay this all at the manager's door.  The players need to look at themselves, they look like rabbits caught in the headlights, doubts have crept in, and confidence has drained under the pressure of promotion.  There seems to be a reoccurrence of the two 4th place finishes in our hands, only for our team to shoot themselves in the foot on more than one occasion.  Some of the same players that were damaged from those campaigns remain at the club, hence we bought Coady to be a leader on the pitch and in the dressing room.

Not playing Coady seems to be an odd decision by Enzo, if it is leaders we lack on the pitch and the club did indeed think that was the only reason we went down, then you have to play him.  Obviously, those at the top never point the finger at themselves, but why spaff all that money on a player when the club is skint, and then don't use him?  This to me seems to represent the malaise the club finds itself in.  It could be a long few years ahead, but I hope not, and the players grow some and get us promoted.        

Confidence has definitely gone, they looked much worse after the goal yesterday. Faes did talk about not leaving because he had not been guaranteed first team football with any club that he had been linked to, you I can only imagine that he had a discussion around being first choice with the manager and to be fair he has been part of one of the best defences in the league for most of the season - we've rarely conceded more than one goal. The problem has been finishing more recently, or not shooting when the chance presents itself. Daka missed chances and wasn't brought on yesterday after Vardy's missed efforts, so the manager must wonder who he can rely on. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, dr.o.ball said:

To much credit if the team wins or loses? If the manager doesn't kick the ball what the he'll is he there for? 

A good leader can inspire a player, lead a team and rejuvenate a club.

I'm not saying managers have no effect. I'm saying the effect they have is greatly exaggerated for the media's sake. It makes for a better narrative to be argued about by fans and pundits. 

The strongest correlation to league finishing position is player wages. Teams with higher wages generally have better players, and having better players translates into having more on field success. 5 of the top 6 teams in the championship are in the top 5 of player wages (because of parachute payments). I don't think that's coincidental. 

I know it's silly but I think the people kicking the ball should probably be the first ones we praise or criticize. I don't think we lost because Enzo was out managed by Liam Manning. I think we lost because we created 4 big chances and converted 0 of them into goals. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Just try to relax and enjoy the weekend.

Am sure Enzo will know he needs to change for Monday.

Start afresh of Monday and get behind them.

Too stubborn for that I'm afraid.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

The loans help us stay in FFP as they are offset as investment I'm capital projects 

TOP has £500m credit line available from 3 banks in Europe 

Cash is not the issue 

4 minutes ago, the draper said:

The loans help us stay in FFP as they are offset as investment I'm capital projects 

TOP has £500m credit line available from 3 banks in Europe 

Cash is not the issue 

Assuming Top wants to utilise such a facility

7 hours ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

I wonder if we always appoint ‘Yes Men’ that pander to Rudkin; hence there is no passion on the field? 🤔

It comes from top not rudkin the choice of managers we employ.  Enzo was employed for the style of play top wants at the club.