Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Paninistickers

Sack him

45 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

I've always thought he was going to struggle with a lot of players out of contract. I think that is coming to effect now in terms of motivation for some. 

I don't think Enzo will be sacked but will leave if we don't get promoted, probably for a job on the continent. 

Dejavu … and the DoF should pay the price for that. Exactly the same as last season, where we SHOULD have learnt a very harsh lesson that if half a squad of players aren’t sure where they’re playing next season, they WILL take their eye ‘off the ball’. For what it’s worth, I don’t believe it’s intentionally not giving a shit, but the REALITY is, some of them will be in discussions with other clubs about next season and their agents looking for their next move … that scenario = performance levels drop!!!! That’s logical and a completely avoidable position, it’s boardroom suicide tbh!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, FOXSE said:

'Wow, you got promoted! It got tight at the end, but your team pulled together and came though. You must be delighted!'

'No, burn it all down!'

😄

Can we have a poll of how many times foxestalkers have been divorced? It has to be an average of at least 2, right?

'I've been married 5 years, and it's been largely great, but she forgot to put the bins out last Tuesday....'

If I’m being honest…if her failure to put the bins out last Tuesday is directly related to my football club taking the speed train to League One, then yes, I’m binning her tomorrow. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Haha 2

We’ve definitely not been good enough recently, we look mentally broken when things don’t go our way and when teams score against us, we cannot find the back of the net, poor substitution decisions - all these things he has to take some/all of the blame for. 

That said the players have also got to shoulder a lot of the blame. On this really poor run of form I think there’s only 1 or 2 games that we definitely deserved to lose and the rest of them we should have won, and won comfortably. Enzo could have been different and maybe we could have won those games, but we’ll never know. 

I think people that are comparing this to the end of Brendan are miles off the mark, the players are still playing for him and you can still clearly see the game plan, even if it’s not currently working as well as it has. The way we took the game to Bournemouth and Chelsea despite them being in the division above and with academy players filling in, was really different from last year when we were second best against teams in the divisions below.  

I think we’ve been really excellent this year in general, and I know lots of people will say that we’ve got a premier league squad that’s too good for this division but I don’t think that’s the case. We’ve clearly got a good squad relative to the division but it’s really unbalanced, full of players wanting to leave and with contracts expiring so in general I think Enzos done a good job getting the best out of them for the majority of the season. If we don’t go up it will be a failure on his part, but we don’t know yet. And if we do go up I’d be as confident if not more in him than I would any of the other realistic appointments. He’s far from perfect, but considering how new he is to management I think he’s done a really good job, especially if you compare him to Pep, Klopp and Arteta in their first season who all really struggled and some fans didn’t think they were going to work out.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Nigel Pearson love in on here cracks me up. 

Greatful for what he done for us but let it go people. The ship set sail years ago. 

It was exactly the same with O'Neill

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I think we can meet somewhere in the middle of our differing opinions but one thing is for certain, we definitely have the quality to be in a better position than where Enzo has us.

He's far too stubborn and arrogant in his approach. Especially for someone who - other than being Peps bag man - has quite a poor and inexperienced CV.

I don't know if he takes some form of credit for Pep's success, because there's absolutely nothing from his own work that merits such arrogance. 

I think we may leave it there though this is where I disagree.

1. We don't have the right balance within the squad. Not his Fault.

2. We're a long way from the best team in the league. Also not his fault.

3. We've been top of the league most of the season we could'nt go any higher.

4. If we win our game in hand we'll still be top of the league.

He may be stubborn but I'm old enough to remember The late Alf Ramsey among others being criticised for being the same. Yet he's still the only one to win a World Cup.

Blinkered is what I'd call it. There's more ways to win a game of Football than perfection. That's my philosphy and what I always believe.

Here's a thought though. Knowing how good Pep has proven to be. Do you seriously think he'd have a Do Do as his sidekick. He was there because Pep belived in him and his methods.

What we do know is that he played mostly in the Italian Top league when it was possibly the best league in the world. He must have picked up a lot of knowledge from the top Managers

who applied their trade there during his playing days.

My Dream ticket would be Pearson as DOF and running the Club and Enzo as Head Coach with responsibilty for the 1st Team only.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Another thing to look forward to when Enzo fvcks off is that Guillem Balague will go with him. The condescending twat

As been alluded to before, it's essentially client journalism. He's no friend of Leicester City, he's an Enzo hype man.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

The thing about Enzo is he is nurtured to play a particular style. Perhaps he could tweak that style at times but at present, he may (rightly so) feel he doesn’t have the players to properly implement style A let alone try style b. 

It all goes back to top (literally). If you are hiring a manager of that mentality you better be ready to fund him relentlessly. If you’re hiring him knowing you’ve got potential breach of regulation that will hinder that, don’t ****ing hire him. 

It’s like last season, we persevered with Rodgers knowing our team, investment will be significantly reduced. There may have been mistakes as to why but react and correct. Look at Wolves. They knew what was coming, they held a fire sale and hired a man who was perfect for their situation. They’ll have to ride a storm but they’ve got a better chance of coming out of it then we will ever have because of the situation this fool chairman and his board has put us in. 

We needed pragmatism this summer. What was coming and has come is going to hit us hard and regardless of where we finish, what league we are in, we are not prepared for it. 

Enzo’s time here is over because we can’t build what he wants. For all the criticism that is justifiably due to him, it doesn’t correct another absolute brain fart of the owner and his board. Top and his board are parasites to this club and they need someone to overrule them. Bring in a manager who can “slum it” and get the best of what is left of the squad next year. 

You seldom ever miss with your posts. Bang on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MalletFox said:

Dejavu … and the DoF should pay the price for that. Exactly the same as last season, where we SHOULD have learnt a very harsh lesson that if half a squad of players aren’t sure where they’re playing next season, they WILL take their eye ‘off the ball’. For what it’s worth, I don’t believe it’s intentionally not giving a shit, but the REALITY is, some of them will be in discussions with other clubs about next season and their agents looking for their next move … that scenario = performance levels drop!!!! That’s logical and a completely avoidable position, it’s boardroom suicide tbh!

This season they didn’t really have an option they can’t offer Wilf and Kelechi new contracts without knowing what league we are in. 

8 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

The thing about Enzo is he is nurtured to play a particular style. Perhaps he could tweak that style at times but at present, he may (rightly so) feel he doesn’t have the players to properly implement style A let alone try style b. 

It all goes back to top (literally). If you are hiring a manager of that mentality you better be ready to fund him relentlessly. If you’re hiring him knowing you’ve got potential breach of regulation that will hinder that, don’t ****ing hire him. 

It’s like last season, we persevered with Rodgers knowing our team, investment will be significantly reduced. There may have been mistakes as to why but react and correct. Look at Wolves. They knew what was coming, they held a fire sale and hired a man who was perfect for their situation. They’ll have to ride a storm but they’ve got a better chance of coming out of it then we will ever have because of the situation this fool chairman and his board has put us in. 

We needed pragmatism this summer. What was coming and has come is going to hit us hard and regardless of where we finish, what league we are in, we are not prepared for it. 

Enzo’s time here is over because we can’t build what he wants. For all the criticism that is justifiably due to him, it doesn’t correct another absolute brain fart of the owner and his board. Top and his board are parasites to this club and they need someone to overrule them. Bring in a manager who can “slum it” and get the best of what is left of the squad next year. 

You wouldn’t have said that a couple of months ago though. Nobody would. With the signings we made last summer, Top gave Enzo enough tools to make his system work. The appointment was good and I do think the style would be fine if we was in the Premier League. Not many teams would defend so deep against us. 
The big loss we had of £90m or so will be wiped off next season, so in theory from 1st July, we might have room to move a little in the market if we are in the Premier League. 

Edited by Viva

10 hours ago, MalletFox said:

Hardly avoidable is it. If players want to run down their contracts to try and get a better financial package and signing on fee and many do now, there's not a flying figure any dof can do about it! You can't sell who refuses to move or who nobody wants for that matter. A number of our players are on good money that is unlikely to be matched but that's another story. 

44 minutes ago, Viva said:

You wouldn’t have said that a couple of months ago though. Nobody would. With the signings we made last summer, Top gave Enzo enough tools to make his system work. The appointment was good and I do think the style would be fine if we was in the Premier League. Not many teams would defend so deep against us. 
The big loss we had of £90m or so will be wiped off next season, so in theory from 1st July, we might have room to move a little in the market if we are in the Premier League. 

Perhaps I wouldn’t have but a couple of months ago I wasn’t aware of the PSR breach and shit storm to follow. 

You know who was ? Top and the gang. 

I believe and don’t care whose feelings I hurt by saying this but this clubs fans have a far bigger task/worry than Enzo Maresca or any other manager. 

That task is the removal of Top and his board as decision makers or, as they like to call themselves “custodians” of our football club. They’ve destroyed so much and will continue to do so if not stopped.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Perhaps I wouldn’t have but a couple of months ago I wasn’t aware of the PSR breach and shit storm to follow. 

I believe and don’t care whose feelings I hurt by saying this but this clubs fans have a far bigger task/worry than Enzo Maresca or any other manager. 

That task is the removal of Top and his board as decision makers or, as they like to call themselves “custodians” of our football club. They’ve destroyed so much and will continue to do so if not stopped.

Tops bizarre closing statement last season should have been enough for fans to see he isn’t fit to run the club. 

The problem we have, the majority of our fans are complicit, they will just clap us into extinction and then just say “well it was lovely while it lasted”. 

There are fans who are more bothered about beating the traffic than football. 

The situation we find ourselves in at the moment is hopeless. Compounded by a stubborn inexperienced manager and an equally as shoddy owner. 

• Like 4

It's all well and good ranting on here about the ownership of the club etc but it's about the fans making their voices heard, putting their foot down at matches or with protests outside the ground etc. There's no evidence of this happening or about to happen, and that's because some of our fan base see football as a family day out. This is backed up when you look at the percentages around fan attendance for each home game. I think ours is the highest in the league with around 95% of the stadium full for each game. This doesn't show any animosity towards the running of the club. We need to hit the owners even more in the pocket and force them to take a good look at themselves and the running of the club. You only have to look at the passion of other clubs fans over the years, showing their aggrevancies / disgruntlements with the running of their club, with protests inside and outside of the ground. This is where it will hit them and hurt them the most. I don't think some of our fans have that in them. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HUNTA84 said:

It's all well and good ranting on here about the ownership of the club etc but it's about the fans making their voices heard, putting their foot down at matches or with protests outside the ground etc. There's no evidence of this happening or about to happen, and that's because some of our fan base see football as a family day out. This is backed up when you look at the percentages around fan attendance for each home game. I think ours is the highest in the league with around 95% of the stadium full for each game. This doesn't show any animosity towards the running of the club. We need to hit the owners even more in the pocket and force them to take a good look at themselves and the running of the club. You only have to look at the passion of other clubs fans over the years, showing their aggrevancies / disgruntlements with the running of their club, with protests inside and outside of the ground. This is where it will hit them and hurt them the most. I don't think some of our fans have that in them. 

You’re right. Could you imagine the 80 minute brigade protesting? They would all have to leave before the banners came out. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Pliskin said:

My reservations with big Nige are his health, and the fact he doesn’t have Shakey along side him. Otherwise I wouldn’t be against it. 

Shakey no.

But he would have Vardy and Marc both on and off the pitch.

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Top and the gang as you call them were aware of the finances, but you still can’t say that it was a bad appointment at that stage as we were on course for a points record and way clear of third. 
We are still not at the crisis point some people think yet as we are one day away from potentially being top of the table with a home game to Birmingham to come. 

11 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

The signings of Hermansen, Winks, Mavididi & Fatawu in the summer were the indication of the club giving exactly what Maresca wanted in terms of his style of play.

Goalkeeper who can play out from the back ☑️
Midfield dictator who is good in possession ☑️
Wingers who excel in 1 vs 1 situations ☑️

But you could question if he was backed enough, not being able to strengthen in January imo has hurt us, especially when other teams around us were able to. 

We needed another body in central midfield, while I also said in January that another winger was needed. I’m not surprised that Maresca is continuing with Mavididi & Fatawu regardless of form, because the likes of Albrighton, McAteer & Akgun aren’t really his type of wingers, you could even question if McAteer & Akgun are even wingers in the first place. 

In the summer the squad will more than likely be dismantled again. 

Do we continue to stick with Maresca’s principles, where more technical players are definitely needed, but the potential lack of funds could hold us back from giving him the type of squad he craves. 

Or do we rip up the plan and go back to our Pearson/Ranieri title winning days? 

Maybe the pattern of possession style football has run its course at this football club, I can’t say I’m surprised to see a chunk of the fanbase becoming burnt out from having to watch this kind of style. 

• Like 1