Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Paninistickers

Sack him

1 hour ago, Le Renard said:

We cannot lay this all at the manager's door.  The players need to look at themselves, they look like rabbits caught in the headlights, doubts have crept in, and confidence has drained under the pressure of promotion.  There seems to be a reoccurrence of the two 4th place finishes in our hands, only for our team to shoot themselves in the foot on more than one occasion.  Some of the same players that were damaged from those campaigns remain at the club, hence we bought Coady to be a leader on the pitch and in the dressing room.

Not playing Coady seems to be an odd decision by Enzo, if it is leaders we lack on the pitch and the club did indeed think that was the only reason we went down, then you have to play him.  Obviously, those at the top never point the finger at themselves, but why spaff all that money on a player when the club is skint, and then don't use him?  This to me seems to represent the malaise the club finds itself in.  It could be a long few years ahead, but I hope not, and the players grow some and get us promoted.        

This is an easy mistake to make when one supports the football ideology, was an excellent post made yesterday pointing out the common problem, is thinking the system is good, but its just the players not playing it well enough.  The problem is the system only a small fraction of footballers can play it comfortably, and when the squad is mismatched, it looks like what you described.

The best managers will play in a way that suits the squad they have.

Vincent is still waiting for the turnaround when the players figure out the unbeatable system.

Although the bristol city game, there was a mentality problem for sure, I think the financial issues, combined with players not having faith in enzo ball has made them give up, we are done for the season I think.  Many of the players will know they not here next season, Enzo too probably.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Tuna said:

You'd hope the hierarchy realize that inaction caused relegation and that not winning promotion is like relegation all over again with the financial hit we will take, we will get pelters from the clueless pundits who will say "he wasn't backed", it's bullshit and we should ignore the noise like we've always done. A competent, experienced manager will get this lot motoring again, I'm sure of it.

Genuinely don't think we'll get pelters if we were to sack him. All we've been hearing all season is that this squad should be running away with the league. 

20 hours ago, iancognito said:

Alan Maybury, Stephen Hughes, Josh Low and the rest *mental block on some of the other God-awful shiiiite we enlisted*

Barry f***ing Hayles

48 minutes ago, the draper said:

The loans help us stay in FFP as they are offset as investment I'm capital projects 

TOP has £500m credit line available from 3 banks in Europe 

Cash is not the issue 

I could take out a few loans as well, doesn’t mean I’d always have the funds to pay them back, if that’s what you mean.

7 hours ago, StanSP said:

Amazing that such a vast array of individuals all have different levels of tolerance for something. 

Be pretty damn weird if everyone just turned at exactly the same time. 

I was referring less so to the change of opinion (like you say, that's normal), but more so to how patronising most of those said people were whenever anyone dare voice concerns.

Quite a few posters voiced their concerns (even when 'cruising' the league) but were more often than not made to feel stupid.

I got 15 laughing emojis when I dared to suggest a number of managers could have us where Enzo had us when we were flying. Turns out It probably was a silly suggestion after all as most would have actually done a better job than Enzo.

:dunno:

Edited by adejo92

If we are to still go up, it'll be after we've all lost our shit with him and the players and then we go and win the next 4 and the bum sniffing starts again. 

Norwich will be rubbing their hands together with us though, we need a huge season defining result.

21 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

I don’t agree with this at all.

Put Klopp in charge of this team and we never see another performance like yesterday again. We win the league no problem.

Most managers don’t make that much of a difference because most managers are not very good - they are just ex-players or mates with successful managers.

A truly good manager (rare) makes a huge difference, it’s just there are so many poor ones.

So take that point to its natural conclusion. This thread is about sacking the manager. You are saying most managers don't make a difference (supporting my argument), so what benefit is there to sacking Enzo?

We're not going to going the rare, truly impactful manager with 8 matches to go in the championship season. Even if we could, for them to have an impact we would have had to line it up at the beginning of the international break so they could change the tactics. Or would you bring someone else in to just coach Enzo's system better than Enzo? It doesn't make any sense.

At the end of the day, we are stuck with the players we have. They are the ones that are going to decide whether or not we get promoted. If you want to pull the sack the manager and pray for the dead cat bounce, so be it, but I don't think that's the way to run a large organization that desperately needs to succeed. If you thought Enzo was the guy last week, what from the Bristol game changed your mind? 

Guest glasgowfox

No point sacking him.  Firstly it ain't going to happen.  Secondly, I know I will get shot down but, we are actually still in the driving seat...admittedly we have forgotten how to drive at the minute.  Honestly think that if, and yes it's a big if, we win on Monday we will be fine.

Lastly, we are supposedly skint so how can we afford to sack him.  If we don't go up he will walk imo, if we do he may still walk but if he does then we do not have to pay him off.  Anybody would think we are in the bottom 3 not the top.

1 minute ago, Wymsey said:

From now to the season-end will show us how much of a potential top manager he could possibly be.

Not convinced he will learn further in this role with us. Not saying he won’t learn more just cannot see it here, but we all hope he does I am sure.

5 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Even if we still get promoted, I wouldn't want him anywhere near this club.

Can't see any circumstances he is manager next season, he won't want to stay if we are in the championship and we don't have the money for the rebuild in the Premier League he would be expecting

Edited by Tuna
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

From now to the season-end will show us how much of a potential top manager he could possibly be.

No it won't show us anymore than we know alredy.  Can you explain how is missing 4 sitters yesterday his fault.

What we do know is he's had us top of the league vurtually all season. That a fact.

Anyone who thinks we're going to get Pep, Klop or similar here are deluded. 

Let's wait and see when he's had a chance to sign his own players what he can do. 

7 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

No it won't show us anymore than we know alredy.  Can you explain how is missing 4 sitters yesterday his fault.

What we do know is he's had us top of the league vurtually all season. That a fact.

Anyone who thinks we're going to get Pep, Klop or similar here are deluded. 

Let's wait and see when he's had a chance to sign his own players what he can do. 

Wouldn't even know where to start deciphering this.

Wasn't Doyle one of his signings? He doesn't even trust him to start.

Edited by adejo92
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Clever Fox said:

I've heard that stupid remark before.

If you've never done the job what makes you think you know more than someone who has.

Shall we take Friday for example?

So, knowing that Faes has been out of form & struggling, I'd replace him with Coady (a proven Premier league defender known for his leadership).

With Ricardo Presumably fit enough to be on the bench, I'd start him in place of Choudhury who's also been playing poorly.

When I saw that the wingers were getting no joy, I'd switch them out, probably bring Albrighton on for a slightly different approach.

Going a goal down, I'd probably risk that Vardy is getting himself into goal scoring positions,  so I'd take the gamble of keeping him on hoping he puts one away, and I'd bring a second striker on to support him and go attacking knowing id rather risk losing 2-0 but going for the equiliser,  than knocking it round at the back defending a 1 nil loss.

That would be a start.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Shall we take Friday for example?

So, knowing that Faes has been out of form & struggling, I'd replace him with Coady (a proven Premier league defender known for his leadership).

With Ricardo Presumably fit enough to be on the bench, I'd start him in place of Choudhury who's also been playing poorly.

When I saw that the wingers were getting no joy, I'd switch them out, probably bring Albrighton on for a slightly different approach.

Going a goal down, I'd probably risk that Vardy is getting himself into goal scoring positions,  so I'd take the gamble of keeping him on hoping he puts one away, and I'd bring a second striker on to support him and go attacking knowing id rather risk losing 2-0 but going for the equiliser,  than knocking it round at the back defending a 1 nil loss.

That would be a start.

Coady has played little and has not been great despite people providing high absence ratings

Imagine Ricardo was not going to play and was only on the bench if absolutely required (he was)

Albrighton maybe, especially as Fatawu was dreadful again

We do not go two up top and trying new formations at this point it madness.

Maybe the squad is just too poor to provide much room for flexibility?

Edited by Dahnsouff

Guest glasgowfox

When I first replied to this post I honestly thought it would burn out.  I do not see any sense in sacking him and don't think financially we can afford it. Give the guy a chance.

9 minutes ago, glasgowfox said:

When I first replied to this post I honestly thought it would burn out.  I do not see any sense in sacking him and don't think financially we can afford it. Give the guy a chance.

I think for a while now frustration has been building up in a lot of people, they could see even when the results were coming in the football was bad, we wasnt convincing and the future wasnt there (have I got that right?), now the results have actually turned its like you finally take the lid of the saucepan thats been bubbling away for a long time to let all that steam escape.