Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Enzo Out? Time for an official thread/poll

Enzo Out?  

790 members have voted

1. 1. Enzo Out?

• In
    • Out

6 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Out 

Retrospectively it was incredibly naive putting a novice with no senior staff in charge when promotion is/was badly needed 

Part of the issue we had is that I think we were looking way beyond this season. So many are now saying Dean Smith, Scott Parker etc would have us promoted by now but there is no way the fans would have taken positively to them being announced. As much as I love the bloke, people are calling for Big Nige to return who left nearly a decade ago and hasn't been well. 

The club is not attractive anymore.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Magnum said:

I think this is spot on. I've said for years that Pep would struggle at a club that can't spend billions on players. Unfortunately, it's taken a carbon copy of Pep, at the club I love to prove the point.

When the football works, it's great. When it doesn't work, there is nothing else.

My 10 year old son actually said at half time, "this game needs overlapping full backs and a more creative number 10 to create the space to break the lines. I'd look at bringing Yunus on for Ndidi and go 4-2-3-1".

It was at that moment that I realised a 10 year old kid with just 18 months experience on Football Manager could make more of an impact on a game than Enzo Maresca.

Guardiola would have got our 2019-21 team into the Champions League comfortably twice.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Corky said:

Part of the issue we had is that I think we were looking way beyond this season. So many are now saying Dean Smith, Scott Parker etc would have us promoted by now but there is no way the fans would have taken positively to them being announced. As much as I love the bloke, people are calling for Big Nige to return who left nearly a decade ago and hasn't been well. 

The club is not attractive anymore.

There's always a part lll...😉 You can't finish on a sequel 

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

We’ve been stuck in neutral since January. We have 4 matches left. We need to win them all.  Nothing the current manager is doing should give anyone confidence that we will win a single match before the season ends, hell, we may not even score again at this rate. 

So yes, Enzo out, new manager bounce in to close out the season and hopefully get the promotion this club desperately needs to ensure we don’t find ourselves in League one in 2 seasons. 

The inability to score a single goal away to Millwall and Plymouth is nothing but embarrassing for a club this talented. 

• Like 1

Sorry but, even the ones who are voting to keep him in, how do you see the future with Enzo in charge?

It feels like after this season is over, he won’t be here regardless.

I just can’t see anything long term with Enzo, considering what has happened over the last few months.

Edited by Lcfc1994_2

17 minutes ago, Skid_1884 said:

Can’t wait to see the back of the inverted full back shite.

Khristiansen returning. Coady and Souttar used properly. Cannon given a chance. Wanya and McAteer played in position and allowed to develop. Alves and Braybrooke given minutes. Shots on goal. Substitutions. Genuine management. Squad utilisation. The dream and something we will not get from this number 2.

• Like 3

I actually think there's a fair chance he might get sacked. There's a week before the next game. I mean we are shit or bust and need to get back into the PL.

And if we keep Enzo we aren't finishing ahead of Leeds and Ipswich,  nor are we winning 3 Cup finals to get through the play offs. The board are not total fools and no PL means their own jobs and salaries aren't long term viable. He wasn't proven so he won't be on massive compensation. I wouldn't be so surprised if he goes and we get someone proven 

• Like 2

At this point I think it’s a bigger gamble to try to stumble over the line with him than to get rid and give it to a manager with a bit of bite and offer them a bonus for promotion. 

It’s got to the point I genuinely do believe we would have a better chance if we gave the job to Pearson or even Warnock for crying out loud. Atleast they would go in and remind everyone who the hell they play for and what’s at stake if we don’t run through brick walls for 3 points. 

I just cannot see us even stumbling over the line at present, we are predictable, boring, and ineffective and we have a manager with nothing to offer to change that it seems. 

Steve Cooper would be worth a shout for the last few games and if he fails it won’t harm his prospects. 

13 minutes ago, John12345 said:

I actually think there's a fair chance he might get sacked. There's a week before the next game. I mean we are shit or bust and need to get back into the PL.

And if we keep Enzo we aren't finishing ahead of Leeds and Ipswich,  nor are we winning 3 Cup finals to get through the play offs. The board are not total fools and no PL means their own jobs and salaries aren't long term viable. He wasn't proven so he won't be on massive compensation. I wouldn't be so surprised if he goes and we get someone proven 

I wouldn’t be surprised if there is emergency meetings going on tomorrow. 

19 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Khristiansen returning. Coady and Souttar used properly. Cannon given a chance. Wanya and McAteer played in position and allowed to develop. Alves and Braybrooke given minutes. Shots on goal. Substitutions. Genuine management. Squad utilisation. The dream and something we will not get from this number 2.

The crazy part is, Kristiansen has done far better in the Serie A than Justin has in the championship, if we had kept Kristiansen and played him as a traditional full back as he wanted, we would have had Mavididi being overlapped by Kristiansen, and Fatawu being overlapped by Ricardo. 

Literally the best left and right flank combo in the history of this division. 
Instead we are fixated on inverting them into central midfielders, which congests the middle of the pitch, but also nullifies our own wingers as they have no support. 

Tonight’s goal was a perfect example. Ricardo was in midfield, and the goal came from the exact place he would have been defending if he wasn’t being inverted. Instead we ended up with nobody at right back and Faes backing off his man and giving him space to shoot. 
Don’t invert Ricardo there and we likely don’t concede. Obviously doesn’t mean that we wouldn’t have then conceded a different way, but it’s just so easy to break us down, we are so predictable, everyone with eyes can see we are massively exposed there except Enzo and his fan club.

• Like 4

Quite possibly the most one dimensional manager I’ve seen at Leicester City. 

Whether we somehow scrape promotion or we stay in the Championship, he 100% needs to go in the summer. Too much damage has been done in recent months for him to earn another season at Leicester. 

But of course problems run more deeper than just Maresca.

The mentality of this club seriously needs to change, the mindset of “Everything will be ok” reeks of arrogance. It’s bitten us on the arse once, we’re on the brink of doing it again. 

The squad also needs a complete overhaul, there’s far too many weak minded bottle jobs throughout this team. I said it after the Millwall defeat, this team has me feeling nothing, it’s littered with unlikeable players. I seriously miss the days of Morgan, Huth & Wasilewski. 

While finally, even if we do sack Enzo, it’s reached the point where I have zero faith that the club would make the right appointment. Those at the top are obsessed with possession based managers, it needs to stop. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Kristiansen won't be playing for us after a good season in Serie A if we remain in the Championship.

In an idyllic world we see Nelson, Alves, Braybrooke flourish but I do wonder how much our hand will be forced into having to sell academy boys. Seems a few were sniffing around Nelson before he signed his contract, really wouldn't be surprised if a club came in for him and we simply can't say no.

4 hours ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

What are the packaging and shipping charges for whatever you're on? 

Fair enough. I've been travelling all night, and was a bit annoyed. I've re-read my own post and it looks like the ramblings of an angry, tired person.

4 hours ago, StonyFox said:

10 points from 10 games is relegation form. That's a quarter of the matches we've played. Not scoring for the last three away games with the players we have is unforgivable 

Enzo still says we played well and created chances.

What chances? Our chances are hardly threatening much of the times.

I said at the time I don’t know why we picked a manager who got sacked by serie B Parma, when there were more experienced options that would’ve took us up comfortable. And now the season has gone on and we now understand what kind of a mess we are financially and how important it is to go up, why the **** we didn’t just get some daft like a Wagner or a Farke in charge is actually mind blowing 

3 hours ago, ConnFoxUS said:

We’ve been stuck in neutral since January. We have 4 matches left. We need to win them all.  Nothing the current manager is doing should give anyone confidence that we will win a single match before the season ends, hell, we may not even score again at this rate. 

So yes, Enzo out, new manager bounce in to close out the season and hopefully get the promotion this club desperately needs to ensure we don’t find ourselves in League one in 2 seasons. 

The inability to score a single goal away to Millwall and Plymouth is nothing but embarrassing for a club this talented. 

Not forgetting Bristol City

At this point in the season, I feel like I need to outline where I am with this utter shitshow. The Mrs is sick to the back teeth of my awful moods every weekend that started when we lay down to Cov at their place and got our arsed tickled, long winded, but here goes: 

F**k the Premier League, let’s be about right, this squad and football club as a whole has no business at the top table of football as it stands. We can’t compete (they’ve made sure of it with FFP and PSR and our ineptitude at every level compounded that), they’ll make an example of us for the sheer arrogance we showed in daring to challenge the “Big 6”. 

F**k Jon Rudkin, Susan Whelan and as painful as it is to say, Top. They’ve proven to be completely inept and incapable of running the club in way, shape or form. Without Khun Vichai, we’re a rudderless vessel. Get FOOTBALL people and concentrate on toblerone and aftershave sales and horse racing. 

F**k Enzo Maresca and his sheer blind loyalty to Plan A. Plan A hasn’t worked, so let’s have someone with a Plan B, shall we? 

F**k Wilfred Ndidi, Kelechi Iheanacho, Jannik Vestegaard, Danny Ward, Hamza Choudhury, Boubakary Soumare, Dennis Praet, Wout Faes et al who clearly couldn’t have given a monkeys about being at this football club for anything other than the kings ransom they’re being paid to do so. Clear the decks, start again (like we thought we would do upon relegation). Build a side around Mads, Ben Nelson, Will Alves, Harry Winks and the few in the squad who display the necessary to rebuild and develop the club. 

F**k Inverted Full Backs, sick to the back teeth of working the ball side to side, front to back and it getting to the wingers, both being doubled up on, with no intention of beating a man or delivering the ball into a dangerous area. Forcing the recycling of the ball, invariably being caught out and watching Wout Faes try and defend a 1 vs 1 situation in the absence of a full back we’ve got in the middle of the park pretending to be a centre midfielder. How many times does it have to happen? 

I can’t say F**k Jamie Vardy, KDH, Ricardo Pereira and Marc Albrighton, because of the past. But in all honesty, the time for sentiment has gone. No one wanted JV and MA’s time at the club to end like this, but thanks for all the unbelievable memories - we need to move on and we need the resources we use on you to do so. KDH, thanks for the performances this season (some we won’t mention but the numbers can’t be denied) - however, arguably our only saleable asset, so away you go and best of luck. 

Leaves us with, IMO - Mads, Stolarzcyk, Souttar, Kristiansen, Nelson, Coady, Winks, Braybrooke, Alves, Mavididi, Wanya, McAteer and Cannon to form the crux of squad to have another crack at the Championship because, unfortunately, this lot have done their bollocks and there is not a snowball in hells chance we win the playoffs, I’ll be shocked to my core if we win another 1 of the 4 left. 

What a sorry state of affairs we’re in, could only be Leicester City FC 🦊

Edited by CaliFOXnia
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, John12345 said:

You lost me at this point!