Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CrazyKopCorner

What does Enzo need to do before the West Brom next Saturday

The main changes. Would be Coady for Faes and Cannon for Daka. I would even swap Hermanson for Stolarcyk as I feel he’s better at crosses and shot stopping.

I would also be ready with Albrighton and Vardy at 60 minutes should we be level or chasing the game.

• Like 2

Just now, Parker Pen said:

The main changes. Would be Coady for Faes and Cannon for Daka. I would even swap Hermanson for Stolarcyk as I feel he’s better at crosses and shot stopping.

I would also be ready with Albrighton and Vardy at 60 minutes should we be level or chasing the game.

oh my.

• Like 3

Ask not just what Enzo can do for the players, but what the players can do for Enzo…

They’re letting him/ us down big time….

Players and the systems they play in are somewhat secondary currently…

The players need to show desire and commitment to go alongside their evident quality…

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Ask not just what Enzo can do for the players, but what the players can do for Enzo…

The players need to show desire and commitment to go alongside their evident quality…

I disagree. A major issue is that his tactics and formation in particular are cluttering up our play, reducing our options and slowing things down as a result. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

The system is coming for absolute pelters at the moment.  But we just need to be able to convert some chances! Either us or Leeds are going to sort it out any game now.

• Like 2

Just now, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

I disagree. A major issue is that his tactics and formation in particular are cluttering up our play, reducing our options and slowing things down as a result. 

Fair enough point…. But, let’s not forget we were sweeping teams away and setting new records playing these tactics not too long ago…. 

Enzo sets the formula, but the players have to make it happen…. I want to see more from them 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Stop the dawby inverted full back nonsense. 

Ironically, the inverted role will likely be much more effective against WBA.  Its struggled where teams go all out low block and everything compresses and we get stung on the counter.

1 hour ago, Ricey said:

He has at start acting like a manager, not a coach or U23 manager.

When you are a coach your job is to coach a philosophy and primary system on the training pitch.

When you are an U23 manager it’s similar. You don’t change system or game plans before or during matches, as the aim is to develop the players within that chosen philosophy.

He has to snap out of that. He’s a manager of a club that needs to get back into the Premier League. It’s good to have a strong belief in a way of playing, but any manager worth his salt will be flexible. They will use their squad, they will adapt to the strengths of that squad, they will adapt to the opposition and they will react during matches to what is going on. Anything to get the result.

He’s not doing any of that.

Agreed. Great coach, but so far he's been too conservative and lacking in assertiveness for a good manager. There's a long history of excellent AMs who have not made the transition to manager. Paul Clement is a most notable and recent example.

6 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

The system is coming for absolute pelters at the moment.  But we just need to be able to convert some chances! Either us or Leeds are going to sort it out any game now.

Alongside of us being below par… We aren’t getting the rub of the green recently…. (We can be both cr@p and unlucky before anyone dives on this)

walking out of the Plymouth game, I heard one of their fans saying “after 15 mins of play, I thought we were going to get absolutely battered”…. He wasn’t wrong…

a worldie at Millwall and one shot and goal at Plymouth was a bit cruel…. Our response wasn’t good enough…. Maybe we just need a goal to go in off Daka’s arse cheek?

Edited by Wolfox
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

We are creating lots of chances and actually not conceding that many. The system has some up a cropper against low block teams all of a sudden who instead of booting the ball over the bar have begun converting 1 of the very few chances they have. Leeds have found themselves in the very same position as us.

Watched Leeds and Ipswich yesterday and both had far better chances against them (their keepers were really tested). 

I expect the WBA game to be more like the Norwich game. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Ironically, the inverted role will likely be much more effective against WBA.  Its struggled where teams go all out low block and everything compresses and we get stung on the counter.

And against Southampton. Possibly Preston too if they need the win. Blackburn will hopefully be safe and on the beach by the time we play them. 

15 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

We've missed 72 big chances mate, the system isn't perfect by any means but it absolutely is not the major issue. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

We are creating lots of chances and actually not conceding that many. The system has some up a cropper against low block teams all of a sudden who instead of booting the ball over the bar have begun converting 1 of the very few chances they have. Leeds have found themselves in the very same position as us.

Watched Leeds and Ipswich yesterday and both had far better chances against them (their keepers were really tested). 

I expect the WBA game to be more like the Norwich game. 

What chances did we create in the millwall and Plymouth games?

Before then I would have sort have agreed with you, I don't have anything against the style particularly but we need to be more flexible in games that it clearly isn't working like the last two games.

Also what's with all these floaty crosses all of a sudden they are not working and have never worked for us

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ricey said:

He has to start acting like a manager, not a coach or U23 manager.

When you are a coach your job is to coach a philosophy and primary system on the training pitch.

When you are an U23 manager it’s similar. You don’t change system or game plans before or during matches, as the aim is to develop the players within that chosen philosophy.

He has to snap out of that. He’s a manager of a club that needs to get back into the Premier League. It’s good to have a strong belief in a way of playing, but any manager worth his salt will be flexible. They will use their squad, they will adapt to the strengths of that squad, they will adapt to the opposition and they will react during matches to what is going on. Anything to get the result.

Absolutely spot on .

19 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

What chances did we create in the millwall and Plymouth games?

Before then I would have sort have agreed with you, I don't have anything against the style particularly but we need to be more flexible in games that it clearly isn't working like the last two games.

Also what's with all these floaty crosses all of a sudden they are not working and have never worked for us

Daka scored from offside (just needed to time that better), Daka missed a sitter then spooned a shot. Riccy had a golden chance. Nacho's header cleared off the line. Mavididi poor first touch against Plymouth was a golden chance.

There were plenty.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

We've missed 72 big chances mate, the system isn't perfect by any means but it absolutely is not the major issue. 

I don't believe we've had 72 BIG chances personally, chances yes. Though I admit our strikers need to do better. The system is clearly an issue. 

1 hour ago, Wolfox said:

I'd agree with that if you didn't have a manager who is constantly saying how pleased he is with the performances to the players. Shows that they're being stifled and whilst they have to do better, we won't win games playing in this manner

10 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Daka scored from offside (just needed to time that better), Daka missed a sitter then spooned a shot. Riccy had a golden chance. Nacho's header cleared off the line. Mavididi poor first touch against Plymouth was a golden chance.

There were plenty.  

If you think 2 chances per game against 2 of the worst teams in the league is good enough than I'm afraid that's your problem.

I often agree with a lot you say but not in this case the last 2 games have been awful

• Like 3

Just now, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

I don't believe we've had 72 BIG chances personally, chances yes. Though I admit our strikers need to do better. The system is clearly an issue. 

According to the stats (that you don't believe) we've created 125 'big' chances (1st in the league and 11 more than next best Leeds). We've converted 53 and missed 72.

I'll do a big chance conversion rate table for the whole league when I can be bothered.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ricey said:

He has to start acting like a manager, not a coach or U23 manager.

Brilliant post :appl:

• Like 1