Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jim5000

Will we get promoted this season (Poll)

Will we get promoted?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Will we get promoted?

• Yes
    • No

I just find it difficult to believe this lot have the minerals

They failed us last season and have failed us in the last 2 months at the critical time - we also have a stubborn as hell manager who will not make the changes required. 

it's a no from me 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ian__marshall said:

I think we need 7 points from the remaining 4 games to guarantee promotion. Let's assume for a moment that Ipswich get promoted, that would mean that both Leeds and Southampton would have to win all their remaining games to even stand a chance of surpassing our points tally should we pick up 7 more points, which is a big ask.

I fear I have to correct a post like this every time it pops up. We NEED 9 points as it stands to make sure we can't be caught by 3rd or 4th. 3 wins out of 4. Banking on others is a fools errand when its in our hands. We hold the keys to our future. Its 3 wins needed until its not.

• Thanks 1

IMO we'll scrape our way up as Champions.

I think we'll beat WBA but draw to Southampton, PNE and Blackburn. Will leave us on 95.

I reckon Ipswich will lose to Hull but beat both Coventry and Huddersfield which will leave them on 95 (with a worse goal difference).

I think Leeds will draw away to Middlesbrough, beat QPR away and draw with Southampton which will leave them on 92.

Southampton to beat PNE tonight and Cardiff at the weekend. I think we'll draw with them and I think they'll beat Stoke and draw with Leeds. That'll leave them on 92.

Tighter than a nun's chuff.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

IMO we'll scrape our way up as Champions.

I think we'll beat WBA but draw to Southampton, PNE and Blackburn. Will leave us on 95.

I reckon Ipswich will lose to Hull but beat both Coventry and Huddersfield which will leave them on 95 (with a worse goal difference).

I think Leeds will draw away to Middlesbrough, beat QPR away and draw with Southampton which will leave them on 92.

Southampton to beat PNE tonight and Cardiff at the weekend. I think we'll draw with them and I think they'll beat Stoke and draw with Leeds. That'll leave them on 92.

Tighter than a nun's chuff.

As we're on 88pts now, a win and 3 draws, as you predict, would give us 94pts, not 95pts. On the basis that we've only had 4 draws all season, the chances of drawing the last 3 seem very unlikely to me. Personally, I think that because the result of one game is partly contingent upon the previous one, it's virtually impossible to predict more than one game ahead. Having said all that, if say Leeds and us ended up with identical records (same points, GD, and GS) then they'd win on the H-to-H rule. If it was Ipswich and us, the criterion would be the respective disciplinary records, I assume.

Edited by String fellow
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, String fellow said:

As we're on 88pts now, a win and 3 draws, as you predict, would give us 94pts, not 95. On the basis that we've only had 4 draws all season, the chances of drawing the last 3 seem very unlikely to me. Personally, I think that because the result of one game is partly contingent upon the previous one, it's virtually impossible to predict more than one game ahead. Having said all that, if say Leeds and us ended up with identical records (same points, GD, and GS) then they'd win on the H-to-H rule. If it was Ipswich and us, the criterion would be the respective disiplinary records, I assume.

I can't remember how I did it then. Must have been 2 wins, 1 loss and a draw.

• Like 1

The question is more. Do we think its a good thing for us to gey promoted?

We have to sell 5 or 6 before we start

We will be 6-10 points down before we start

We will need to pay higher wages again to existing players and new signings. 

I think we should stay down and seek new owners and build again around a core of players to take the club forward. Stola, Nelson, Coady, Braybrooke, Alves Mavididi, Cannon + bring in others bought to play a leicester style 

16 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

I think we should stay down and seek new owners and build again around a core of players to take the club forward. Stola, Nelson, Coady, Braybrooke, Alves Mavididi, Cannon + bring in others bought to play a leicester style 

We need the money so yes it is a good thing

I think we would have to have even more of a fire sale if we don’t go up, and then we would also still be under the EFL embargo so our ability to bring in new players will likely be restricted to free’s and no fee / minimal fee loans

Edited by moore_94

1 minute ago, Leicesterpool said:

Ive said yes based on the fact we've had so much luck last couple of weeks. I can see us knicking it on the last day of the season.

I don't get why anyone thinks we have been lucky? Did Leeds have a divine right to beat Blackburn? Are Middleborough not one of the in form teams? If anything, Ipswich were fortunate to keep that to a draw - Middleborough were all over them at the end.

I've said countless times that teams will drop points in the run in. Yes, it sucks to have to rely on others to drop points too but i don't think that it's in anyway lucky when Leeds have a stinker and Blackburn take their chances. 

Unless I simply don't understand the term 'luck' anymore?

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

What we need is another poll. That will clear things up. 

Think we need a poll to decide if we need this poll.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

We have to go up. Its easier to rebuild with the revenue we will get up there. 

The longer you spend in the doldrums the less likely it is you can get and retain the youth talent as well.  

Going on the optimistic bus

WBA - win (they have serious injury and suspension problems and on a poor run - I know, the ever obliging Foxes and all that)

Southampton - win - their 6th game in 18 days - fatigue setting in hopefully

Preston - draw - they've nothing much left to play for but won't want to finish their home games with a defeat

Blackburn - win - They'll be on the beach

It won't matter what others do then, as we'll be Champions.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

bizzare option 

There are also other bizarre options, including: one of the apparently promoted sides has a mass pitch invasion before the end of the final game. The match is abandoned. The EFL then punishes the club. But how?

Will be confirmed 1 week today after we beat West Brom on Saturday, Leeds lose to Middlesbrough on Monday, and then we beat Southampton on Tuesday :thumbup:

Honestly though I do still think we will go up, preferably confirmed before the Blackburn game as I cba with the same stress as West Ham last season and our own fans being nobheads again making everyone think other games were going our way

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Will be confirmed 1 week today after we beat West Brom on Saturday, Leeds lose to Middlesbrough on Monday, and then we beat Southampton on Tuesday :thumbup:

Honestly though I do still think we will go up, preferably confirmed before the Blackburn game as I cba with the same stress as West Ham last season and our own fans being nobheads again making everyone think other games were going our way

I know we have some d1ckhead fans but that was taking it to another level of cvntness

• Like 1