Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jim5000

Will we get promoted this season (Poll)

Will we get promoted?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Will we get promoted?

• Yes
    • No

On the one hand, we're 2nd in the table having been in the top since autumn. We've got a game in hand on Ipswich which would take us clear, and there are only 4 matches to go. At the start of the season, most would have taken this position at this point in the season.

On the other, we've blown a 19 point lead in spectacular fashion, have lost three out of our last five, seem unable to grind out a draw, our form and confidence has gone out of the window, and we have an inexperienced manager.

With four games to go, and automatic promotion entirely within our own hands, do you think we will get promoted either automatically or via the play-offs?

Edited by jim5000
  • Like 1

The spursification begun when we bottled top 4 the first time, we did however win the fa cup but still bottled top 4 yet again despite Chelsea bottling it on the day. We bottled the premier league with a squad being paid the most of out the top 6, we now stand with yet another manager who’s too stubborn to make changes and have bottled a 17 point lead against a side assembled on the back of a ciggy packet and a leeds side that had like 12 players at the start of the season. I would be shocked if we have the bottle to get over the line, that’s not our club anymore. This is the history of the Leicester, this is football eeritaj 

• Like 1

No. This manager and players haven't got the balls, have already shit the bed and show no signs of being able to change the bed sheets. Don't let the bad form of Leeds and Ipswich make us think we'll get away with it. I reckon Mckenna and Farke will have enough nous to get them through, while Enzo will continue to do the same thing expecting a different result. 

• Like 2

Yes we will. We are unlikely to play against an ultra-defensive low block again this season - our remaining games will be more open, which will suit us much better. I expect us to win our next two games and we may even have it sewn up next Tuesday if Leeds lose at Middlesbrough, which is possible. 

13 minutes ago, sylofox said:

HMS PisstheLeague to a rowing boat going over the Niagra falls.

Not sure at this point with all the other shit around the club we deserve to go up.

If we finish in the top two we will deserve it. Why would ‘all the other shit’ around the club mean we don’t deserve it?!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

If we finish in the top two we will deserve it. Why would ‘all the other shit’ around the club mean we don’t deserve it?!

Everything about our club.

Starting with let's take legal action against Everton for over spending and sending us down. Oh shit wa can't because we've done it to.

From the best run club to a disgrace.

Then watch leeds and Southampton or Ipswich do it to us if we go up.

Everyone on here bitched at Everton but I suppose it's now OK as its us.

5 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Sick of these posts. It could go either way. 

We really need a poll at this stage? 

……….especially when this poll hasn’t got ‘Official' in the title ! :dunno:

Edited by STEVIE B

I think we will. Despite our recent best attempts not to secure promotion, weirdly I feel like our chances have improved with both the number of games left and others faltering. 

I think we need 7 points from the remaining 4 games to guarantee promotion. Let's assume for a moment that Ipswich get promoted, that would mean that both Leeds and Southampton would have to win all their remaining games to even stand a chance of surpassing our points tally should we pick up 7 more points, which is a big ask.

Even if they both did win all the other games that final day fixture could be a winner takes all event and I'm not sure either have the bottle, especially as they'll both be keeping an eye on happenings at the KP as we could render their result irrelevant. 

Given we have 3 of the 4 at home, and 2 of the 4 are against teams that no longer have much to play for I think we're more than capable of picking up the 7 points needed and can even afford a loss to Southampton along the way. 

Let's be honest, if we don't achieve the above then quite frankly we won't deserve to finish in the top 2. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Everything about our club.

Starting with let's take legal action against Everton for over spending and sending us down. Oh shit wa can't because we've done it to.

From the best run club to a disgrace.

Then watch leeds and Southampton or Ipswich do it to us if we go up.

Everyone on here bitched at Everton but I suppose it's now OK as its us.

The press reports that we were going to sue Everton were pure clickbait nonsense. It’s frankly astonishing that anybody actually believes them, let alone uses them as a stick to beat our club with. That’s the kind of behaviour I’d expect from our rivals, not from our own fans. 

You think the club is a disgrace’? Really? We made some poor decisions over player contracts that came back to bite ua hard when the squad spectacularly underperformed last season and got relegated. Mismanagement? Yes. A diagrace? Don’t be so melodramatic 😂

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

The press reports that we were going to sue Everton were pure clickbait nonsense. It’s frankly astonishing that anybody actually believes them, let alone uses them as a stick to beat our club with. That’s the kind of behaviour I’d expect from our rivals, not from our own fans. 

You think the club is a disgrace’? Really? We made some poor decisions over player contracts that came back to bite ua hard when the squad spectacularly underperformed last season and got relegated. Mismanagement? Yes. A diagrace? Don’t be so melodramatic 😂

It’s a disgraceful relegation. The lack of accountability and financial mismanagement are both disgraceful too. Conclusion = disgrace 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1