Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Southampton (H) - Tue 23/04/24 - 20:00 KO

Whether it's my fever and I'm exhausted, but I'm really not confident for tonight. I just think they'll exploit the right back position and they have loads of pace against our defence. This fox has lost his confidence for tonight. I'm still gutted I'm gonna miss it. 

Edited by fox_favourite

4 hours ago, Gerard said:

It wouldn't be a "very good result" at all.

As things stand we need 6pts to keep it in our own hands. That's two wins needed from three games. A draw tomorrow and Leeds and Ipswich win their next game before we play means we'll still need two wins from two games going into the Preston game otherwise we're relying on Leeds and Ipswich slipping up in the last week.

At this point you have to keep things in your own hands and draws are no good to us in that respect.

Draw keeps it in our hands.

A loss means Ipswich can overtake us no matter what we do in our final 2 games. 

• Like 1

Win and we can all sing along to generic duh duh duh 20/20 music stealing the organic fan noise.

Lose and we are one step closer to paying 5% more to watch us play Lincoln…

I fancy Leeds will win their remainder of their 2 games as they have their momentum back too. Ipswich will beat Cov cos they’ll be knackered after the semi. I think we need something tonight, ideally a win as I don’t fancy us away from home at Preston. Win and we have one foot in the door despite Leeds result last night. 

Edited by oxtonfox

18 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

A loss and it's still in our own hands for automatic promotion

7 minutes ago, RYM said:

Win and we can all sing along to generic duh duh duh 20/20 music stealing the organic fan noise.

Lose and we are one step closer to paying 5% more to watch us play Lincoln…

Next season could see us playing various nearby clubs in the C'ship... Forest, Derby, Coventry, and Peterbro/Lincoln.

11 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

I fancy Leeds will win their remainder of their 2 games as they have their momentum back too. Ipswich will beat Cov cos they’ll be knackered after the semi. I think we need something tonight, ideally a win as I don’t fancy us away from home at Preston. Win and we have one foot in the door despite Leeds result last night. 

i dunno, did you see how leeds played last night? wasnt brilliant by any means, and given the way all the teams have been this run in, wouldnt shock me if we saw QPR nick something against them

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

How many times do people get these things wrong? We lose tonight and still beat Preston and Blackburn and we're promoted.

Edited by TheGoldenGod
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

i dunno, did you see how leeds played last night? wasnt brilliant by any means, and given the way all the teams have been this run in, wouldnt shock me if we saw QPR nick something against them

Problem is that QPR are abysmal at home. They've got more points away from home than at Loftus Road this season. 

Lose this and it's play-offs.

Can't see us winning, as in reality WBA battered us and, but for a hat-trick of Hamza clearances, we would have rightly lost.

I'd take a draw if it was offered to us tbh.

Out of us, Leeds, Ipswich and Southampton, I'd say we're the most likely to balls it up.

1 hour ago, trooky said:

Summerville stepped up to the plate last night for Leeds with 2 goals and assist, we need the same from KDH tonight.

We need to be more clinical full stop and to make the right decisions in the final third and play with attacking intent. Patience will be key too at the right time. I hope Mavididi was watching Summerville last night because that’s what we need from him and likewise Fatawu on the right. The West Brom game wasn’t great but there were promising signs that both were getting their mojo back when they dropped their shoulders and out in good crosses from the line with the wrong foot. They need to do that to put doubt in the defenders mind making it easier to go the other way and put that curler into the far corner of the net. Summerville is some player though as is Gnonto. 

There's probably not a better time to play then to be honest. Injury hit, fatigued by recent fixture congestion, and now probably resigned to playoffs. Time to step up and get another 3 points on the board.

• Like 1

Enzo cant be arrogant enough to have the cbs on the halfway line like at WBA against forwards that can finish.

Mavadidi seems like he’s creating a step over's complication of late rather than just running into space with the ball. He goes to the player to then try and beat him. 

Soton should give us a lot of space which we hopefully try and counter rather than turning back and walking until they reset. 

Coady on the OS:

“The lads have spoken about it. This place is where we want to play football. We’d play here every week if we could. To be on the pitch and play in front of the crowd is fantastic. The supporters understand how much we need them at this moment in time.

“We understand what is at stake, what we’re all playing for, what the supporters want and how they turn up to support us every week. There is a focus within that dressing room and that is the most important thing moving forward.

“We had four games; we’ve won the first one and now we’ve got three. It’s a huge on Tuesday against a real top side and we’ll need this crowd more than ever. Tuesday night under the lights, it can’t be better, so it’s something that we’re really looking forward to.”

• Like 2

1 hour ago, trooky said:

Summerville stepped up to the plate last night for Leeds with 2 goals and assist, we need the same from KDH tonight.

Oh come on...did you watch how Boro defended? Stephy would have done the exact same had they played like that against us....which of course they didn't.