Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Southampton (H) - Tue 23/04/24 - 20:00 KO

They've conceded 56 goals in 43 games, they don't defend well, 1.25 per game, if we can score twice, at worst we'll get should be a point, they have conceded 3 goals in 3 of their last 5 aways.

We should be all over those stats!!!

Just GOT to win, do so and we will take some real overhauling with those last 2 fixtures!!!

• Like 2

Yeah actually think with the maths we have more to miss out on by playing for a draw than gain. The fact it takes 6 points bang on to go up means that a draw here doesn't guarantee a situation where we'd not need the two wins from the last two anyway. It's actually a bit of a free hit in a weird way.

7 hours ago, JonnyBoy said:

I agree, we have been bottle jobs for last three seasons. People suddenly think we will win two final games with huge pressure on us.. no chance. 

Have to win tomorrow then I think draw v Preston and win v Blackburn 

Preston had about 4 touches in Southampton's box in 90 minutes and were absolute gash down here. Sums this division up that they were top 3 for a couple of months.

Restless night and woke up early 

Can the real Leicester turn up today please? 

Saturday was a great win but we more than rode our luck and it appears as though Southampton missed a host of chances at Cardiff and are unlikely to do the same again. 

Ricky must start and we need to gain the advantage in midfield and really go for them. Players need to run, chase and defend for their lives and for gawd sake Enzo make some bloody subs when players are knackered on 60 / 65 minutes. 

COYB 

Interesting subtext to this one. Obviously two wins gets us up, but if we beat Soton that pretty much guarantees their finale at Leeds is meaningless and Leeds is the bigger threat to us. Leeds can still catch us, but can still be caught by Soton, so if we lose they have a better shot at the former but that pretty well guarantees Soton will go all-out in the last match. If Soton loses they're probably out of danger from them and may have an easier match against them,  but very unlikely to catch us. Southampton and Ipswich are in one GD race, Leeds and Leicester in the other, with no overlap between the two.

Edited by Deeg67

Could win.

Could lose.

With 3 games left no one can predict what city will turn up.

I'm worried about Saints style, it could play into our hands but they could absolutely  murder us too.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Interesting subtext to this one. Obviously two wins gets us up, but if we beat Soton that pretty much guarantees their finale at Leeds is meaningless and Leeds is the bigger threat to us. Leeds can still catch us, but can still be caught by Soton, so if we lose they have a better shot at the former but that pretty well guarantees Soton will go all-out in the last match. If Soton loses they're probably out of danger from them and may have an easier match against them,  but very unlikely to catch us. Southampton and Ipswich are in one GD race, Leeds and Leicester in the other, with no overlap between the two.

I would rather have three points than Southampton motivated v leeds

Compare this game to last seasons game away against them in March. How anyone cant be more confident of this game than that one is beyond me. Last season they beat us the way Millwall and Plymouth have done recently, they dont play like that as much now, far more possession based, and as seen in the 4-1 there style actually allows us to play to our strengths of fast counter attacking, let them have the ball if they want it, less possession in this offers a greater chance of winning by hitting them in transition quickly.

24 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

If we win our next 2 games we are going to be having a champions celebration on the last day and not be bothered about Leeds v Southampton (I dont see Ipswich winning both of next 2) hopefully this then creates an atmosphere like we had against QPR in 2015 in the great escape season on the last day, knowing the job was already done.

It’s a very simple equation win tonight and on Monday and it’s job done, it doesn’t matter what anyone else does. Will be a tough game as Saints are excellent going forward but can be got at defensively, wouldn’t be surprised if we nick this 3-2 or 4-3. 

As much as I would love to see Cannon start, Daka’s pressing could be critical tonight and cause them so many problems defensively. 

I always had the few we would win this and the West Brom games. Not logic behind it but just a feeling. Just think the players know they have let us and themselves down a bit in the last few weeks/months and now will get it done.

9 minutes ago, teblin said:

I always had the few we would win this and the West Brom games. Not logic behind it but just a feeling. Just think the players know they have let us and themselves down a bit in the last few weeks/months and now will get it done.

We have been better against better teams for a while now. 

I still think 1 more win will be enough. Someone's arse will drop in these remaining fixtures. I would be amazed if 94 points can still finish 3rd 

I'm trying to take this game as a free hit to make myself feel less nervous. Leicester never do things easy so I'm expecting defeat.

But I think a draw would be a very good result. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

I still think 1 more win will be enough. Someone's arse will drop in these remaining fixtures. I would be amazed if 94 points can still finish 3rd 

I'm trying to take this game as a free hit to make myself feel less nervous. Leicester never do things easy so I'm expecting defeat.

But I think a draw would be a very good result. 

We have no control... our game management is poor. Most games turn into basket ball in the last 10

I hope the players are not in the mindset of just trying to grind it out again. Although we beat West Brom, on any other day they win that comfortably. Southampton are a really good side, worried about this. 

I'd be lying if I said I don't have huge issues with him but should Daka score an injury time winner tonight - or even moreso a goal against Preston or even Blackburn that clinched promotion or even the title - would all be forgiven for his recent misses, howlers and performances?

Judging by the fickleness of fans my guess is everything would be forgotten/forgiven and his praise would be off the scale as he suddenly becomes a cult hero who would be spoken of for years to come with his sh*tness swept under the carpet.

I admit, I'd probably be guilty as charged! :dunno:

Edited by ElusiveEd

3 hours ago, Gerard said:

It wouldn't be a "very good result" at all.

As things stand we need 6pts to keep it in our own hands. That's two wins needed from three games. A draw tomorrow and Leeds and Ipswich win their next game before we play means we'll still need two wins from two games going into the Preston game otherwise we're relying on Leeds and Ipswich slipping up in the last week.

At this point you have to keep things in your own hands and draws are no good to us in that respect.

A draw tonight and It would still be in our hands though?