Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Southampton (H) - Tue 23/04/24 - 20:00 KO

2 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Hermansen

Justin

Vestergaard

Coady

Choudhury

Winks

Dewsbury-Hall

Ricardo

Mavididi

Fatawu

Daka

Faes has to be dropped. Justin's pace will be required, as this will almost certainly be another basketball game.

I don't like Hamza at RB, but his aggression may disrupt their technical players. Ndidi has looked way off it recently, so I'd swap him for Ricardo who did brilliantly in that role away at Leeds.

It has to be Daka up front. It won't be popular, but Vardy can't start two games in a few days, whilst Iheanacho and Cannon don't press well enough. Southampton, like us, hate being pressed high. We got so much joy from that at their place earlier in the season, as did Hull. Daka is by far and away our best pressing forward, so he has to start and then we pray that he remembers how to kick a football.

Faes won't be dropped - I'd be willing to put money on that.

Same team as Leeds away for me. I’d even play Daka (can’t believe I’m saying it). Recon he suits this game and their higher line. We need his energy, they're going to want to play and we can’t let them get into a stride, have to press them at the back. Obviously I’d rather play Vardy but I don’t think he’s got 2 games in 4 days in him. 

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Levi Port said:

Same team as Leeds away for me. I’d even play Daka (can’t believe I’m saying it). Recon he suits this game and their higher line. We need his energy, they're going to want to play and we can’t let them get into a stride, have to press them at the back. Obviously I’d rather play Vardy but I don’t think he’s got 2 games in 4 days in him. 

pretty much the same for me, maybe coady in for say Faes though.

think Vardy will be on the bench this game tho as you said 2 games in 4 days aint him now sadly, tho knowing him he could surprise us

44 minutes ago, Levi Port said:

What’s this energy you speak of? I haven’t seen it in a long long time

15 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Daka DOES play with energy though, doesn't he? Often it's literally all he offers and personally I don't think that's enough to justify his place in the team, but you can't deny that he presses better than any other attacker we've got...

35 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Daka is by far our best forward when it comes to pressing. It’s just that his finishing ability has fallen off a cliff since January. 

1 hour ago, FrankieADZ said:

pretty much the same for me, maybe coady in for say Faes though.

think Vardy will be on the bench this game tho as you said 2 games in 4 days aint him now sadly, tho knowing him he could surprise us

Yeah you’re right with Coady I’d be happy there. Probably true with Vardy also, worth the gamble even if for only 50 mins. Maybe his penultimate home game and that alone is enough for me.  

2 hours ago, Levi Port said:

I agree Daka suits the system better and I'd give him an hour of running his socks off at them - then bring on Vardy 

The best we've played recently was at home to Norwich and it was noticeable how quickly we were closing them down form the front 

I'd love to see Daka score - He's a good lad with great physical attributes but is more a runner than a footballer 

• Like 2

Quite simple ... this game if we go into the game with a must win attitude ... and we win it takes an immense amount of pressure off the next games ... we should play expecting to win and not hoping to win regardless of what the others do 

If Leeds lose, it's a massive incentive to get the job done Vs Southampton and the pressure will be off somewhat as our lead over Leeds will still be there regardless of result. Else pressure and nerves might play a part, just hope lady luck on our side again if that's the case.

Just now, squidsworth said:

If Leeds lose, it's a massive incentive to get the job done Vs Southampton and the pressure will be off somewhat as our lead over Leeds will still be there regardless of result. Else pressure and nerves might play a part, just hope lady luck on our side again if that's the case.

Also massive pressure on Southampton though - tomorrow is definitely last chance saloon territory for them with regards to automatic promotion. They will need to go all-out for the win irrespective of how Leeds do tonight. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Not Daka, please. 

I see where you're coming from and I'd have given Cannon a run weeks ago as I think he's shown that he's an excellent footballer but in the system that Enzo will play Daka is probably the best at it - not to the eye but he will cause them problems.