Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Southampton (H) - Tue 23/04/24 - 20:00 KO

1 hour ago, Scanchez said:

Yeah, I hope we do win.

Just worried that if we were to lose, we could well slip up again.

If Top 2 finish wasn't confirmed by the last day of the season, I'd be worried.

I think it’s best to prepare yourself for that as it has a fair chance of happening. If we do it before then it’s a bonus. Both Leeds and ourselves were lucky to win our last game but both showed resilience and fight. The same will be needed tonight. I suspect it may be a draw or a close 2-1 win again. It doesn’t matter how we win just get us over the line and next season will take care of itself. 

Edited by Supergray22
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, HitchinFox said:

Problem is that QPR are abysmal at home. They've got more points away from home than at Loftus Road this season. 

yeah they are although they should have beat WBA a few weeks back but Kipre punched the ball off the line and it wasnt givenlol

19 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Adam Armstrong and Che Adams are probably the best frontline in the league imo.. could do some damage if we give up as many chances as we did at West Brom. Plus Che Adams loves a goal at the KP

Can't afford to sit back against these with our usual slow sideways play. Very dangerous going forward and they need the points just as much if not more than we do. This is where we need to see Enzo adapt his tactics, just not sure he has it in him.

Edited by Larry_LCFC
  • Like 1

I hope the amount of good fortune we had against West Brom is not needed again tonight, otherwise it will be another agonising watch.

It’s about time this team got their act together and finally gave us a rousing performance to remember. Surely they can raise their game for this one…

1 hour ago, ozleicester said:

fck it ... not getting up for this. 100 minutes of boredom... Enzo and his happy clapping mates have convinced me that the result is all that matters so I’ll just wake up and check the score.

At this point in the season it is. Personally, don’t care if we manage three atrociously jammy victories. 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I think you must be the best example of how fickle football can be :D

Lose - We're terrible, awful bottle jobs, sack them all. I told you all we're nowhere near good enough

Win - Don't worry about it, we're definitely good enough, promotion is a formality

IMG_5417.webp

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Twitcher said:

I think if we win tonight, we are effectively up. However, I think it will be a 1-1 draw.

It’ll go down to Blackburn, hopefully not a situation where they need to win for survival. It’s the Leicester way

50 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Adam Armstrong and Che Adams are probably the best frontline in the league imo.. could do some damage if we give up as many chances as we did at West Brom. Plus Che Adams loves a goal at the KP

I would advise you go to their fan forum and search ‘Adam Armstrong’ lol

Edit: Apparently he was “shyte” versus Cardiff, so let’s hope he makes it 2 in a row (and not more likely try to make up for it).

Edited by NaijaFox

1 hour ago, Vazman said:

We rode our luck against the Baggies but did what was required, thanks  to Hamza, Vardy etc, if we start the same way against Southampton tonight, it could be a long, long night, wouldn't it be refreshing, if we were 3 nil up by Halftime, instead of it being, yet another nerve wracking match, with literally a single goal in it, either way, dont care how, let's just win!

So did Leeds last night against Boro. I would optimistically like to believe it’s characteristic of winners. lol

Nonetheless, there was nothing about the profligate Southampton side against Cardiff this past weekend that would suggest they would take advantage if (heavens forbid) we have another slow start tonight. 

2 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

The term “shyte” came up often

Adam Armstrong this season has 20 goals and 13 assists in 43 games and their fans were raging he wasnt in the top 3 for EFL player of the year. I think youre on about Stuart Armstrong mate..

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, South Shire Fox said:

Adam Armstrong this season has 20 goals and 13 assists in 43 games and their fans were raging he wasnt in the top 3 for EFL player of the year. I think youre on about Stuart Armstrong mate..

See my edit. Went back and checked and it was about the Cardiff game. Apparently missed a ton of good chances

7 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

I applaud your state of calm

I learnt a while ago not to worry too much about matters outside of my control. It helps with my own professional performance, and I have personal matters currently going on where I am having to do the same. I'd end up in an early grave otherwise. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Can't afford to sit back against these with our usual slow sideways play. Very dangerous going forward and they need the points just as much if not more than we do. This is where we need to see Enzo adapt his tactics, just not sure he has it in him.

When do we sit back it’s usually the other team that does that and we have to try and play through a bus, this will be an open game like Wedt Brom I think