Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Southampton (H) - Tue 23/04/24 - 20:00 KO

6 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

A draw tonight and It would still be in our hands though? 

A loss tonight and it's still in our hands but we would then need to win our last two from two to not rely on others.

A draw still has it's merits as it's one point more but it only becomes useful if Leeds and Ipswich don't win their remaining games.

For Southampton the equation is simple, they have a slim chance already of going up but a draw tonight is almost the same as a loss tonight for them, expect them to gamble if the game is tied going into the last 15 mins which should suit us as neither side will be happy with a point tonight.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheGoldenGod said:

Oh come on...did you watch how Boro defended? Stephy would have done the exact same had they played like that against us....which of course they didn't.

I'm referring to our game against Southampton tonight, not our performance against Boro.

We need our best player KDH to have a big game when the pressure is on, 2 goals will do nicely.

Edited by trooky
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Draw keeps it in our hands.

A loss means Ipswich can overtake us no matter what we do in our final 2 games. 

I'm talking about finishing top two not winning the Championship, who cares who wins it? The prize is top two not top one.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

I think Praet has a big part to play in the run-in.

Can he stay fit for more than ten minutes? 

Being serious. He’s been scandalous this season. He should a hands down be one of the best players on this league whether these injuries have been legitimate or not I don’t know, but the lads used a very decent player when he wants to be. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Can he stay fit for more than ten minutes? 

Being serious. He’s been scandalous this season. He should a hands down be one of the best players on this league whether these injuries have been legitimate or not I don’t know, but the lads used a very decent player when he wants to be. 

Yeah it genuinely baffles me that people still put so much belief in Praet. Never completed a full 90 for us and felt he's been with us for years and years. Twerks away for a move to Torino every 6 months yet it never materialises. Doesn't particularly look pleased every time I see his face. Give that dream up! His memory will be that assist vs Brentford in the Cup.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I'm talking about finishing top two not winning the Championship, who cares who wins it? The prize is top two not top one.

Agree 100%.  .. The prize is automatic promotion  !!!

Absolutely anything can happen in the play offs & I don't need that particular type of agony !!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Costello said:

It's win or bust for them, which leaves space - rather than us passing side to side trying to break down a defensive 5 with a 4 in front just sat there. 

I would rather we played a team coming here for a draw to be honest.

It's only Boro and QPR that have come here with no intent to play and have taken points home. Hull, Ipswich and Leeds all came at us. 

Three games left, blimey. This has been one of the quickest seasons I can remember. 

It doesn't seem long ago that we were all glowing from beating the SBS on the opening day. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheGoldenGod said:

How many times do people get these things wrong? We lose tonight and still beat Preston and Blackburn and we're promoted.

Jesus wept🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️.

Draw tonight and Ipswich can’t overtake us with their game in hand.

Lose and they can.

Lose and it’s US that would potentially be under pressure from Leeds/Soton.

Draw keeps the pressure away from us.

im not saying we should play for a draw but if you offered me one right now I’d take it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

And I’m talking about keeping us 1st and away from the pressure of being second, narrowly ahead of 3rd/4th. 

Win tonight and it’s done for me. Only thing is I can’t see it for some reason! They have got some key players out and there’s rumours downes is out to we’ve got to take advantage and put them Leeds and Ipswich under proper pressure.