Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Southampton (H) - Tue 23/04/24 - 20:00 KO

22 minutes ago, Scanchez said:

Yeah, I'm not saying if we lose this we can't get promoted. I understand that's possible.

I'm saying that in my opinion, if we lose, I think we'll end up in the playoffs.

I'm basing this on our form since February time. It's been very poor and we've been playing badly. I just think if we lose this, it will sap any remaining confidence we have left and give more confidence to Leeds and Ipswich to go on and win their matches.

Southampton are in a worse position, that's correct. We can see that from the table. They're still going to try and win football matches though and are a good team. They won't finish in the top 2 but still have the ability to massively screw things up for us.

I'm not saying everything is going to fall apart and we're going to lose all the remaining games. I just think IF we lose tonight, I could see us dropping further points (as we have been doing regularly for months) and finish outside the top 2.

That's just my opinion. It's hardly outrageous. We've been awful for ages.

I haven't said we're going to lose tonight, just that if we did, I could see us slipping out of the top 2.

Just to be clear, I DON'T WANT THIS TO HAPPEN.

Our away form has been poor since Christmas. Our home form in 2024 has been broadly in line with how it was earlier in the season. In the first half of the season we were brilliant away from home - we only lost one of our first 13 away games. Sine Christmas, we've lost six out of nine. It's that collapse in our form away from home that has dragged us back into the scrap for promotion. At home, we've been pretty consistent all season - losing twice before Christmas and twice since. 

I think we'll win tonight and also beat Blackburn on the last day. I also think we'll get a result at Preston, but based on our recent form that's the game that could cause us some issues.

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Scanchez said:

I'm not sure what's so difficult to understand about what I said.

IF we lose tonight, I THINK we'll finish outside the top 2.

If it helps, I can say 'If we lose this tonight, I think we'll win the league'.

There’s nothing difficult to understand, I'm

merely challenging your opinion. You claimed we were poor, but we won, it doesn’t matter how we played, Leeds got away with it last night yet they’re in the top two, and according to sky, they’ve won the league….. we’re top with a game in hand. 

Even if we lose tonight, win both of Preston and Blackburn we are up. To reiterate, the performances mean Jack, Leeds weren’t brilliant last night, they just didn’t lay down….. we just need to do the same. 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Our away form has been poor since Christmas. Our home form in 2024 has been broadly in line with how it was earlier in the season. In the first half of the season we were brilliant away from home - we only lost one of our first 13 away games. Sine Christmas, we've lost six out of nine. It's that collapse in our form away from home that has dragged us back into the scrap for promotion. At home, we've been pretty consistent all season - losing twice before Christmas and twice since. 

I think we'll win tonight and also beat Blackburn on the last day. I also think we'll get a result at Preston, but based on our recent form that's the game that could cause us some issues.

Yeah, I hope we do win.

Just worried that if we were to lose, we could well slip up again.

If Top 2 finish wasn't confirmed by the last day of the season, I'd be worried.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

There’s nothing difficult to understand, I'm

merely challenging your opinion. You claimed we were poor, but we won, it doesn’t matter how we played, Leeds got away with it last night yet they’re in the top two, and according to sky, they’ve won the league….. we’re top with a game in hand. 

Even if we lose tonight, win both of Preston and Blackburn we are up. To reiterate, the performances mean Jack, Leeds were brilliant last night, they just didn’t lay down….. we just need to do the same. 

Yeah, I just think losing tonight could have a knock on effect to the remaining two games.

I agree, I couldn't care less how we play, just as long as we get the points.

fck it ... not getting up for this. 100 minutes of boredom... Enzo and his happy clapping mates have convinced me that the result is all that matters so ill just wake up and check the score.

2 minutes ago, Scanchez said:

Yeah, I just think losing tonight could have a knock on effect to the remaining two games.

I agree, I couldn't care less how we play, just as long as we get the points.

It could do, it is a possibility… but you would like to think that with three to go, we can muster enough energy and will power to grind out the results we need. Get a result tonight and the rest becomes a bit easier! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

It could do, it is a possibility… but you would like to think that with three to go, we can muster enough energy and will power to grind out the results we need. Get a result tonight and the rest becomes a bit easier! 

Yeah, I hope so.

I guess I might just have PTSD from other occasions where things appear to be wrapped up and then slowly but surely, we balls it up right at the end..

Celtic v Rangers: Rodgers unfazed by Hampden Park curse | Football | Sport  | Express.co.uk

23 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I think you must be the best example of how fickle football can be :D

Lose - We're terrible, awful bottle jobs, sack them all. I told you all we're nowhere near good enough

Win - Don't worry about it, we're definitely good enough, promotion is a formality

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

fck it ... not getting up for this. 100 minutes of boredom... Enzo and his happy clapping mates have convinced me that the result is all that matters so ill just wake up and check the score.

See we all say that, I bet you’re here posting at 4:45 tomorrow morning

• Haha 1

3 points atleast ends Southampton season tonight and puts us in an incredibly good position. This will entirely come down to mentality and desire. Biggest game in a very long time.

2 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

I can see a comfortable 3-0 win, score early control the game 2 up at half time and and a third late on… 

Straight back up, straight back up Leicester City!!

I have read others also say this game is weighted in our favour… but how? Am I missing something?

4 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I have read others also say this game is weighted in our favour… but how? Am I missing something?

We are at home, Southampton have a few injuries.. I think there is less pressure on the players today as well and Southampton are pretty much resigned to play offs even there manager said that 

Edited by whoareyaaa
  • Like 2

No doubt we are all tying ourselves in knots about tonight's match and the next two. Bottom line is if we don't get automatic promotion let us hope it is down to not being deserved rather than some horrible controversy. Would love it if we cruised to two comfortable wins before the Blackburn game. Very unlikely though unfortunately 

2 hours ago, Richmondfox said:

I board a 12hr flight to Thailand at 8:45pm tonight.  I’m confident we’ll have it wrapped up by half time. 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Extremely jealous

I too am jealous of your confidence.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We wouldn’t be Leicester fans without thinking this ain’t gonna be straightforward…

I predict a Desmond tonight Southampton will want this just as much as we do.

Edited by Col city fan

11 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

3 points atleast ends Southampton season tonight and puts us in an incredibly good position. This will entirely come down to mentality and desire. Biggest game in a very long time.

Yeah but we need to play some 4D chess and draw tonight, so that Southampton still need a result and take some points off Leeds on the final day. Obviously :ph34r:

Pump these losers and consign them to playoff misery.

Yes I know this is probably going to be an absolutely dreadful match and we might just nick it. 

Edited by RoboFox