Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Southampton (H) - Tue 23/04/24 - 20:00 KO

2 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

Win tonight and it’s done for me. Only thing is I can’t see it for some reason! They have got some key players out and there’s rumours downes is out to we’ve got to take advantage and put them Leeds and Ipswich under proper pressure.

Southampton fans aren't confident tonight and think they should rest some players as they need to prepare for the playoffs. They think Downes is not 100% fit so he's not worth risking in this game. 

As a bunch of fans, they seem more realistic and very normal. Complete opposite of Leeds, Leeds, Leeds!!

• Like 3

Just now, fox_favourite said:

Southampton fans aren't confident tonight and think they should rest some players as they need to prepare for the playoffs. They think Downes is not 100% fit so he's not worth risking in this game. 

As a bunch of fans, they seem more realistic and very normal. Complete opposite of Leeds, Leeds, Leeds!!

I was at Leeds away last year and they actually seemed realistic, of the ones I spoke to. I think some of it is the media attitude to them.

Outside of north west and London, there's talk od "historic" clubs. For some reason, they consider Newcastle and Leeds among them. 

We will NEVER be considered a historic club because we're not a big enough stadium or fashionable. 

7 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

Its just a horrible situation isn’t it 😂 this should of been done and dusted weeks ago but here we are!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

Its just a horrible situation isn’t it 😂 this should of been done and dusted weeks ago but here we are!

Oh god yeah. I agree with you. But that isn't the Leicester way these days 

1 hour ago, Costello said:

It's win or bust for them, which leaves space - rather than us passing side to side trying to break down a defensive 5 with a 4 in front just sat there. 

God give me strength. I've drunk so much today I can't stand up for falling down.  I'm waiting for the end of the world. We need a miracle man. Hopefully Enzo's read them the riot act, not pretty words and we're not going to play another game five gears in reverse. Accidents will happen, but we need to pump it up and force a brilliant mistake from their defence. The magnificent hurt on their fan's faces will be sour milk cow blues and beyond belief. Hopefully Mads wears a traditional green shirt not that pink worthless thing whilst Vestergaard needs to dispel any former loyalty to the Saints - he's almost blue now. Worried about Blackburn, last game of the season - although, to be fair  it's not been a good year for the roses. 

I really do want promotion next year, I miss some of those trips away - although I don't want to go to Chelsea. 

Is this on the radio radio? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

Yes, I thought they sounded a bit like us - They seem to be extremely disappointed with their team currently 

They seem a likable bunch unlike some. 

1 minute ago, SpacedX said:

God give me strength. I've drunk so much today I can't stand up for falling down.  I'm waiting for the end of the world. We need a miracle man. Hopefully Enzo's read them the riot act, not pretty words and we're not going to play another game five gears in reverse. Accidents will happen, but we need to pump it up and force a brilliant mistake from their defence. The magnificent hurt on their fan's faces will be sour milk cow blues and beyond belief. Hopefully Mads wears a traditional green shirt not that pink worthless thing whilst Vestergaard needs to dispel any former loyalty to the Saints - he's almost blue now. Worried about Blackburn, last game of the season - although, to be fair  it's not been a good year for the roses. 

I really do want promotion next year, I miss some of those trips away - although I don't want to go to Chelsea. 

Is this on the radio radio? 

I would recommend to stay away from a keyboard when intoxicated 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

I would recommend to stay away from a keyboard when intoxicated 

Actually I rarely drink and I haven't today. 

The OP will understand.

I can’t see us winning tonight as it just doesn’t feel like a Leicester thing to do.

More pertinently it doesn’t feel like a “this season” thing to do.

It just feels like we’re going to end up with fans of 3 or 4 clubs all s***ing themselves watching the last round of matches. We’ve been building up to it ever since we chucked our lead away going into the last ten games 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

If you think that, I would recommend:

1/ Staying away from the keyboard when you are inebriated.

2/ Talk to some Pompey fans. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

Yes, I thought they sounded a bit like us - They seem to be extremely disappointed with their team currently 

They seem a likable bunch unlike some. 

A good friend of mine is a Southampton fan. The most decent fellow you could ever meet. I’m hoping they go up with us. Funnily enough though the missus is not a fan. We have been to quite a few Southampton games over the year and the one time we sat next to the away fans was during one of those games. There were a few kids gesturing and a bit rowdy that’s all. It’s an unjustified stance as she has seen a few scuffles at the likes of Man Utd Leeds Liverpool millwall and Chelsea but Southampton always sticks in her mind.  

Just now, bmt said:

Very nervous for this one. Would love a win

Yes me too. I’m always rubbish on match days. Just want to get it started but I am nervous for this one which is unusual. Just got a feeling. I hope I’m wrong. Probably just its importance. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

Reminds me of when I read the pre match thread of Bristol city, Millwall and Plymouth.

• Haha 1

I wonder if Southampton will be thinking about which teams they would rather play in the play off final. Maybe in their own best  interest to lose to us and Leeds.

Edited by Gazza3

17 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

I can’t see us winning tonight as it just doesn’t feel like a Leicester thing to do.

More pertinently it doesn’t feel like a “this season” thing to do.

It just feels like we’re going to end up with fans of 3 or 4 clubs all s***ing themselves watching the last round of matches. We’ve been building up to it ever since we chucked our lead away going into the last ten games 

I'd love to say you're a pessimistic bu**er but I totally agree