Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Southampton (H) - Tue 23/04/24 - 20:00 KO

20 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

I can’t see us winning tonight as it just doesn’t feel like a Leicester thing to do.

More pertinently it doesn’t feel like a “this season” thing to do.

It just feels like we’re going to end up with fans of 3 or 4 clubs all s***ing themselves watching the last round of matches. We’ve been building up to it ever since we chucked our lead away going into the last ten games 

the Sky commentator would love to be saying later 'You never know what the Championship is going to give you, and the race has been thrown wide open again'.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, copunk said:

Does anyone know Which key players they have out? 

Bazunu, Downes, and Stuart Armstrong

Southampton fans think they may rest some other players as well / get more fitness into squad players ahead of the playoffs

Edited by moore_94
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

I can’t see us winning tonight as it just doesn’t feel like a Leicester thing to do.

More pertinently it doesn’t feel like a “this season” thing to do.

It just feels like we’re going to end up with fans of 3 or 4 clubs all s***ing themselves watching the last round of matches. We’ve been building up to it ever since we chucked our lead away going into the last ten games 

Unfortunately, totally agree.

I can see this going down to the final game and I just hope we still have it in our hands by then and not relying on Ipswich or Leeds to drop points even if we win. Last minute winners by both are an almost certainty! 

57 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

Southampton fans aren't confident tonight and think they should rest some players as they need to prepare for the playoffs. They think Downes is not 100% fit so he's not worth risking in this game. 

As a bunch of fans, they seem more realistic and very normal. Complete opposite of Leeds, Leeds, Leeds!!

Had a Leeds fan earlier moaning that hinchcliffe was not very complementary to them last night on commentary. 

I don't mind Southampton but I really dislike that Rylan Clark lookalike manager of theirs. 

If they came up with Ipswich (and us) I'd be happy enough. It would meen Leeds and C*v slug it out for another year in the champo and, hopefully, F****t to join them. 

Anyway, 3-1 tonight. 

2 hours ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

And I’m talking about keeping us 1st and away from the pressure of being second, narrowly ahead of 3rd/4th. 

We need to win two from three to guarantee promotion.

If we draw tonight we need to win two from two to guarantee promotion.

24 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Just looked on Saints Web and the Leicester game is only 3 pages long so far....so we're certainly winning there

They also seem to have very similar opinions of their current team to us - slow, inconsistent, bottle jobs, give away soft goals, with a striker who can’t finish to save his life (Adams). Will be an interesting (or very boring) one

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Wore my fox pj bottoms on the weekend and we won.

Got them on again. Please be a good luck charm lol.

? But it's currently the middle of the day over there - and it'll be mid afternoon at kick off. 

38 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Bazunu, Downes, and Stuart Armstrong

Southampton fans think they may rest some other players as well / get more fitness into squad players ahead of the playoffs

I can't see that. You don't give up on a chance of automatic. They'll be going all out to win with the best eleven they gave available.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Twitcher said:

I can't see that. You don't give up on a chance of automatic. They'll be going all out to win with the best eleven they gave available.

They're 6 points and 14 goals off with 3 to play, it's over for them 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Twitcher said:

They no longer have a chance of an automatic. The smart thing to do would be to rest some players for the playoffs. More injuries right now would really hurt them.

25 minutes ago, Gerard said:

We need to win two from three to guarantee promotion.

If we draw tonight we need to win two from two to guarantee promotion.

but the latter also guarantees the title, barring something miraculous with goal difference.

26 minutes ago, OadbyBlue said:

They also seem to have very similar opinions of their current team to us - slow, inconsistent, bottle jobs, give away soft goals, with a striker who can’t finish to save his life (Adams). Will be an interesting (or very boring) one

Adams can finish just dosent want to as wants leicester to get promoted

24 minutes ago, WinslowFox said:

Well jt worked Saturday

So as much as it’s going to kill me I’m not going to watch again tonight and will check back later at the Post Match Thread hoping for another 3 points

lol wimp, gerriton!!

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

They no longer have a chance of an automatic. The smart thing to do would be to rest some players for the playoffs. More injuries right now would really hurt them.

There manager, the Brendan wannabe is not smart.

13 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Of course they have a chance. If Leeds only draw at QPR, Southampton can finish above them by winning their 3 games. Ipswich could also easily finish on 93pts or less. Not easy of course, but not out of the question. Hopefully a mute point after tonight!