Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

2024/25 Season Tickets: Renewal Dates & Prices Confirmed

Copy and paste. Email to the club. 

Subject: Strong Disapproval of the Compulsory £25 Season Ticket Card Charity Donation

Dear Leicester City Football Club,

I am writing to you with a mixture of disappointment and anger regarding the recent decision to impose a compulsory £25 season ticket card charity donation. This announcement has left me deeply unsettled and frustrated as a dedicated supporter of Leicester City.

Let me be clear: while I am fully supportive of charitable initiatives, I vehemently oppose being coerced into donating in this manner. Football fans already invest significant amounts of money, time, and emotion into supporting their beloved clubs. To now mandate a charity donation as a prerequisite for accessing the season ticket card feels like a forced imposition, rather than a genuine act of goodwill.

What exacerbates my frustration is the fact that this donation is non-negotiable, leaving fans with no choice but to comply or risk losing access to their season tickets. This heavy-handed approach not only disregards the financial circumstances of individual supporters but also undermines the autonomy and goodwill of the fan base.

Furthermore, while the club may argue that this donation is for a worthy cause, it is essential to recognize that many supporters may already contribute to charitable endeavors in their own capacity. Forcing fans to donate in this manner not only diminishes the value of their individual contributions but also overlooks the diversity of charitable causes that supporters may wish to support.

In light of these concerns, I urge you to reconsider this decision and allow fans the freedom to choose whether and how they wish to contribute to charitable causes. By respecting the autonomy and financial circumstances of supporters, Leicester City Football Club can foster a stronger sense of community and solidarity among its fan base.

I await your urgent response and hope for a swift resolution to this matter that respects the rights and dignity of all supporters.

Yours sincerely,

[Your Name]

• Like 2

Can't believe people think the £25 to charity is a PSR fiddle  lol

Even £25 x 32000 is on 800k, it would make piss all difference.

Is the £25 a scandal and a poor decision 100%,  but it not for PSR reasons ffs. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Hmmmm I’m not sure about that one…

IMG_7169.jpeg

It'll be interesting to see how the charity uses those funds, as well as the donation Top made this week. There could potentially be north of a million in there, to go with the £200k already sat in the accounts (freely available to view under their published charity accounts).

Hopefully at the very least the majority of this gets given out for those in need to benefit from.

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It'll be interesting to see how the charity uses those funds, as well as the donation Top made this week. There could potentially be north of a million in there, to go with the £200k already sat in the accounts (freely available to view under their published charity accounts).

Hopefully at the very least the majority of this gets given out for those in need to benefit from.

The club are delighted to announce the opening of the "Jon Rudkin Retired Donkey Sanctuary of Excellence", a permanent, peaceful, pastoral home for a large number of gentle, elderly donkeys, who may or may not have been falsely advertised on vinted and eBay as thoroughbred racehorses. The club would also like to reiterate that it is completely impossible to determine who may or may not have been responsible for purchasing the donkeys.

• Haha 2

Great move on their part. Keep the charge, throw in "charity" and now most with legitimate grievances will be called insults and going against Vichai's legacy.

We can, and do, donate off our own bats. Dreadful move again from.a PR disaster club.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Can't believe people think the £25 to charity is a PSR fiddle  lol

Even £25 x 32000 is on 800k, it would make piss all difference.

Is the £25 a scandal and a poor decision 100%,  but it not for PSR reasons ffs. 

£800k makes piss all difference..... correct, but given the collective incompetence to get us into this mess they probably think it's a good way out.

Every little helps given the lack of progress to either address the wage bill, do anything decent commercially and / or take any responsibility.

4 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Also worth noting there's little transparency about where the vichai money goes and they spent £22k last year.

Surprisingly so, given the few hours I spent trying to drill down to get answers

3 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

They think we are stupid.

They know most of the fanbase is stupid - and lazy instead of reactive

2 hours ago, An Away Move said:

Picketing the club shop on a match day might get their attention again. 

If more people joined me in a complete boycott it might resolve itself a little bit faster - the longer people keep buying tickets the longer this drags out

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Mate they've literally released a joint statement with UFS and the Leicester city supporters club 

What about this latest "charity" donation?

Must have missed it.

Any link to it please, let's see what all the supporter groups say about it.

I've never forgiven Jim from the club shop "empathising sincerely" with me because the Student season ticket got scrapped when I was travelling from Nottingham as a student every week and they were dishing out free tickets to DMU. 

In response he offered me 20% off at the club shop.

2 weeks later they were offering 20% off in the programmes anyway. 

If you're reading this Jim, I'll never ever forgive you. 

• Haha 1

Guest leatherhead32
2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

The audacity to play the vichai card is pathetic. Man died in a tragic accident and now they're throwing his name around to get £25 from me for a piece of plastic I already own. 

We're a "family" when it's convenient for the club. Pathetic. 

The meetings were nothing but lip service. Think I'm paying for a card to not conform with what they want to happen

2 days before the title lift and they're already killing any positivity around the place 

bang on pal

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

The audacity to play the vichai card is pathetic. Man died in a tragic accident and now they're throwing his name around to get £25 from me for a piece of plastic I already own. 

We're a "family" when it's convenient for the club. Pathetic. 

The meetings were nothing but lip service. Think I'm paying for a card to not conform with what they want to happen

2 days before the title lift and they're already killing any positivity around the place 

I've missed this, what's happened here? Has Tops charity donation been mentioned to do with the £25 charge?

The immaturity of our comms and how the club has handled this is unreal.

The club should’ve held their hands up, admitted they got it wrong and just waived the charge. Then communicated an actual plan for the next 12-18 months after consultation. Instead they engage in self-preservation and hide behind more word soup. Maybe they get paid per word, like mileage!

Sometimes you have to lose the ego and swallow your pride but ultimately you’ll get more respect from the fans and the wider football world. 

When you go back to the initial comms it actually goes against the clubs own charter, the whole thing is madness and as the fan groups continue to discover more and more it’s not going to look pretty for the club.

That said and as I’ve said before the

clubs focus is on the global fan, not us lot and while we continue to shoot at the foot shoulders the suits and those responsible for the mess we are in away from this sit in their ivory towers unscathed. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Reading that Everton's way seems decent. I'll happily pay a tenner and have my card and access to phone ticket.

However the statement lists Leeds as another premier league club, I believe this is an error :brendan_still:

Edited by UniFox21

Guest leatherhead32
5 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

The charge for a physical Season Ticket card is designed to incentivise the mass adoption of free Mobile Tickets, which will enable the Club to:

- Admit supporters more efficiently into the stadium on matchdays;

Bollocks - Cards have demonstrably been the more reliable method of promptly gaining entry to the stadium on match days 

- Ensure tickets remain in the hands of supporters that seek to access them through legitimate Club channels;

What we really mean is we want to prevent ST holders from being able to share their ticket with family or friends when they are unable to attend. Although the chairman recently sent out an email saying how important the support of the fans was during the run in KP actually prefer to have an empty seat rather than one occupied by a Leicester fan who can help support the team unless that fan is prepared to pay for a membership even though their personal circumstances may not warrant it

- Combat ticket touting and the unauthorised transfer of tickets through other means;

Yep, this is what it’s all about - control - and profit ! How many arrests/ejections have there been in the last 12 months regarding individuals who gained entry through the “unauthorised” transfer of tickets . Is it really at a level that justifies pissing off the majority of the most supportive fans. 

- Identify all supporters in the stadium and tackle anti-social behaviour;

They have enough stewards to police an American University protest, even massing in their numbers in front of the West Stand at the end of games to stop the otherwise inevitable over 65s pitch invasion. They already are over resourced to identify supporters should they need to and tackle anti-social behaviour 

- Take further steps towards offsetting our environmental impact.

Although chopping down acres of trees for clappers and air flights to South East Asia for commercial tours are just fine

The BS is pretty insulting really. Just be honest LCFC - its about control and profit 

said it for 2 years but didnt know how to put my point across not a smart man me. . you have done it . thanks mike o :thumbup:

22 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Henry Winter, the FSA and Kieran Maguire have all shared the statement.

The only way out is embarrassing them from the outside if they won’t listen to the fans.

The more external scrutiny the better

• Like 3