Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

2024/25 Season Tickets: Renewal Dates & Prices Confirmed

3 minutes ago, sharpylcfc said:

Excellent well done to UFS! Do you feel this will gather any heat towards UFS from the club and then the club being awkward towards future tifo displays?

I think history tells us unfortunately yes there will be a come back.

13 hours ago, StanSP said:

Had a reply during the game! 

Thank you for contacting us regarding the new Season Ticket arrangements for the 2024/25 season at Leicester City Football Club. We appreciate your feedback, understand the importance of addressing these issues transparently and hope the following information addresses the concerns you have raised.

MORE EFFICIENT, MORE SECURE

Like many football clubs, we are continually looking for ways to enhance the security and efficiency of our stadium operations. Heading into the third season since Mobile Tickets were introduced at King Power Stadium, we are continuing to encourage as many supporters as possible to transition to a more efficient, secure mode of access. Mobile Tickets will therefore be the default, free-of-charge option for renewing Season Ticket Holders, with a charge applied to the alternative method of entry – physical cards (except supporters over the age of 65, under the age of 12, and those with a registered disability).

TACKLING TOUTING

As well as enhancing the supporter experience through greater matchday efficiency, the move to a digital ticketing system supports our ongoing efforts to combat ticket touting – a significant issue impacting many football supporters and one we take incredibly seriously.

Ticket touting often results in inflated ticket prices but also harms all genuine supporters’ ability to attend matches.

By transitioning to Mobile Tickets, we significantly reduce the risk of touting, ensuring that tickets remain in the hands of true supporters. Mobile Tickets provide a safer, more direct way of managing ticket allocations and prevent misuse more effectively than physical tickets can.

Reasonable flexibility is available across the season to all genuine Season Ticket Holders, who are able to resell their ticket through the Club’s Resale Platform up to five times a season and are also able to forward their ticket to a family member or friend a further four times per season.

REDUCING ANTI-SOCIAL BEHAVIOUR

The Club has been alarmed in recent seasons by the rise in anti-social behaviour at Leicester City matches, with our sanctions committee (which manages supporter behaviour that breaches our stadium regulations and ticketing terms and conditions) regularly observing that those responsible have obtained tickets through illegitimate means.

Of further concern to the Club were figures released by the Home Office in 2023, which ranked Leicester City third in English football for the number of active court-issued Football Banning Orders (56) among its supporters, with over a third of those (20) issued in the 2022/23 season alone. In most cases, upon our internal investigations, those charged had not obtained tickets via any Club channels.

Adoption of Mobile Ticketing and improving our capability to identify all attendees at Leicester City matches is part of our action plan to reduce anti-social behaviour at Leicester City matches and to ensure that, when it arises, those responsible can be held accountable.

ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT

Over recent seasons, the Club has taken positive steps in reducing its environmental impact, including the introduction of reusable cups in stadium concourses, the reduction in clap banner distribution to more targeted areas of the stadium and a switch to certified sustainable materials in their production. Wider adoption of Mobile Tickets enables us to take a further step in reducing the number of plastic Season Ticket cards issued each season, along with the carbon footprint associated with their manufacture and distribution. The Club appreciates it has much further to go in reducing its overall environmental impact and continues to listen to supporter feedback on further improvements that can be made.

We do understand the sentimental value attached to physical Season Ticket cards and have ensured that they remain an option. Please remember, the charge for these cards is waived for supporters over the age of 65, under the age of 12, and those with a registered disability. As with previous seasons, our staff are also here to assist anyone unfamiliar with Mobile Tickets to ensure access to the stadium is easy for everyone, and details of drop-in sessions to help supporters transition smoothly will be shared ahead of the new season.

We would encourage all supporters to take advantage of Mobile Tickets and are committed to supporting supporters’ adjustment to the system. Should you have any further concerns or need assistance with the system, please do not hesitate to contact our Supporter Services at [email protected] or call us at 0344 815 5000.

Every piece of feedback we receive can help us strengthen our commitment to ensuring that King Power Stadium remains a safe, accessible, and enjoyable environment for all fans. Thank you for your understanding and support as we implement these changes and rest assured that your feedback will be taken on board.

Kind Regards

Jim

I’ve had the same reply.

5 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

I think history tells us unfortunately yes there will be a come back.

That loyalty tax shouldn't even of been brought in so if the club start penalising fans for a voicing a concern or opinion they should really think about why that's happened. They should of consulted fans before deciding on what to do anyway. Cause they'd of got a negative response and reaction then would of surely realised it's a bad idea.

35 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I don't like that they're trying to include the win last night as some kind of sweetener. 

It's a totally separate matter. 

To be fair I had put in my reply about the result. It seems they are rigid in their ideas going forward. Hopefully ufs make some headway 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ashley said:

It's not turning on fellow fans mate. It's just the truth. 

I wish we had it in is but we don't. 

The old school lot actually rioted with pleat out, before my time but it happened. It's a shame we don't have that mentality now.

The old school lot who rioted against Pleat are probably amongst those you are derid8ng now.

1 hour ago, sharpylcfc said:

That loyalty tax shouldn't even of been brought in so if the club start penalising fans for a voicing a concern or opinion they should really think about why that's happened. They should of consulted fans before deciding on what to do anyway. Cause they'd of got a negative response and reaction then would of surely realised it's a bad idea.

The club should always consult fan groups on decisions they make that affect us fans. They cannot just run with it and hope no one says a word. Things like ST prices, safe standing etc.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

The club should always consult fan groups on decisions they make that affect us fans. They cannot just run with it and hope no one says a word. Things like ST prices, safe standing etc.

Completely agree, though on the safe standing front I can't help but feel if there was a poll out from the club for safe standing and the majority voted in favour of it I feel like the club would drag their feet and try to find a way not to do it. I mean like how many clubs in the Premier League and Championship have already done it yet there's absolutely nothing from the club about us doing or even considering it.

3 minutes ago, sharpylcfc said:

Completely agree, though on the safe standing front I can't help but feel if there was a poll out from the club for safe standing and the majority voted in favour of it I feel like the club would drag their feet and try to find a way not to do it. I mean like how many clubs in the Premier League and Championship have already done it yet there's absolutely nothing from the club about us doing or even considering it.

Yes, it was just an example but I guess with safe standing the club haven't done something without consultation. Whereas this price rise and card charge was done behind the scenes.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Yes, it was just an example but I guess with safe standing the club haven't done something without consultation. Whereas this price rise and card charge was done behind the scenes.

With safe standing it's like they've turned a blind eye to it. I wouldn't put it past them to completely rule safe standing out without consulting the fans just exactly the same thing they've done with the price increase of season tickets and the £25 charge for a new season card. 

On 22/04/2024 at 07:32, Viva said:

No I wouldn’t. 5% is acceptable is my opinion, considering the amount of years we have had recently with no price increases. 
The £25 is a fee that nobody has to pay. So no increase there either. 

Maybe you are earning a good salary but for many, the season ticket at their football club is the one luxury they try to afford. So whilst 5% may seem acceptable to you and, may indeed be acceptable in the grand scheme of the prices for the last few years, for some it will impact quite a bit.

Also not everyone has a mobile phone and for some, not over 65 or indeed officially registered as disabled, they either find them very difficult or impossible to use. I, for one, do not have a mobile phone so would be one of those that has to pay.

Added to that, the ridiculously low take up this year , shows that a great many people wish to continue with some form of physical ticket. So I'd suggest this is the club essentially ignoring the wishes of a great many of its fans. But this would only mirror the wider relationship between fans and football clubs which has reached a point where basically fans don't matter any longer.

• Like 1

On 22/04/2024 at 08:09, C.J said:

I understand prices go up, especially with the 89m loss. But someone needs to look from the top down (no pun intended) at where to cut costs. For example, there's too many matchday staff. Do you really need someone to show you which window is free at the ticket office? And why were the floodlights on in the daylight on Saturday ? The free beers and snacks are a nice gesture but they cost too.

You are correct to identify these  but all of them are basically making no difference in reality.  The only thing that would make a significant difference are to cut player's wages. I'm guessing the free beers etc amount to around half a week's wages for one of our top players?

The underlying issue that we haven't been able to raise enough off field revenue to match our spending and it is hard to see that changing anytime soon whilst we are still paying ridiculous wages to players.

21 hours ago, StanSP said:

Had a reply during the game! 

Thank you for contacting us regarding the new Season Ticket arrangements for the 2024/25 season at Leicester City Football Club. We appreciate your feedback, understand the importance of addressing these issues transparently and hope the following information addresses the concerns you have raised.

MORE EFFICIENT, MORE SECURE

Like many football clubs, we are continually looking for ways to enhance the security and efficiency of our stadium operations. Heading into the third season since Mobile Tickets were introduced at King Power Stadium, we are continuing to encourage as many supporters as possible to transition to a more efficient, secure mode of access. Mobile Tickets will therefore be the default, free-of-charge option for renewing Season Ticket Holders, with a charge applied to the alternative method of entry – physical cards (except supporters over the age of 65, under the age of 12, and those with a registered disability).

TACKLING TOUTING

As well as enhancing the supporter experience through greater matchday efficiency, the move to a digital ticketing system supports our ongoing efforts to combat ticket touting – a significant issue impacting many football supporters and one we take incredibly seriously.

Ticket touting often results in inflated ticket prices but also harms all genuine supporters’ ability to attend matches.

By transitioning to Mobile Tickets, we significantly reduce the risk of touting, ensuring that tickets remain in the hands of true supporters. Mobile Tickets provide a safer, more direct way of managing ticket allocations and prevent misuse more effectively than physical tickets can.

Reasonable flexibility is available across the season to all genuine Season Ticket Holders, who are able to resell their ticket through the Club’s Resale Platform up to five times a season and are also able to forward their ticket to a family member or friend a further four times per season.

REDUCING ANTI-SOCIAL BEHAVIOUR

The Club has been alarmed in recent seasons by the rise in anti-social behaviour at Leicester City matches, with our sanctions committee (which manages supporter behaviour that breaches our stadium regulations and ticketing terms and conditions) regularly observing that those responsible have obtained tickets through illegitimate means.

Of further concern to the Club were figures released by the Home Office in 2023, which ranked Leicester City third in English football for the number of active court-issued Football Banning Orders (56) among its supporters, with over a third of those (20) issued in the 2022/23 season alone. In most cases, upon our internal investigations, those charged had not obtained tickets via any Club channels.

Adoption of Mobile Ticketing and improving our capability to identify all attendees at Leicester City matches is part of our action plan to reduce anti-social behaviour at Leicester City matches and to ensure that, when it arises, those responsible can be held accountable.

ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT

Over recent seasons, the Club has taken positive steps in reducing its environmental impact, including the introduction of reusable cups in stadium concourses, the reduction in clap banner distribution to more targeted areas of the stadium and a switch to certified sustainable materials in their production. Wider adoption of Mobile Tickets enables us to take a further step in reducing the number of plastic Season Ticket cards issued each season, along with the carbon footprint associated with their manufacture and distribution. The Club appreciates it has much further to go in reducing its overall environmental impact and continues to listen to supporter feedback on further improvements that can be made.

We do understand the sentimental value attached to physical Season Ticket cards and have ensured that they remain an option. Please remember, the charge for these cards is waived for supporters over the age of 65, under the age of 12, and those with a registered disability. As with previous seasons, our staff are also here to assist anyone unfamiliar with Mobile Tickets to ensure access to the stadium is easy for everyone, and details of drop-in sessions to help supporters transition smoothly will be shared ahead of the new season.

We would encourage all supporters to take advantage of Mobile Tickets and are committed to supporting supporters’ adjustment to the system. Should you have any further concerns or need assistance with the system, please do not hesitate to contact our Supporter Services at [email protected] or call us at 0344 815 5000.

Every piece of feedback we receive can help us strengthen our commitment to ensuring that King Power Stadium remains a safe, accessible, and enjoyable environment for all fans. Thank you for your understanding and support as we implement these changes and rest assured that your feedback will be taken on board.

Kind Regards

Jim

So, the upshot is …… Carry On Touting for the very reasonable price of just £25 

IMG_4144.jpeg.a09f37b07448828a40fec01ca75fc2a2.jpeg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, reynard said:

Maybe you are earning a good salary but for many, the season ticket at their football club is the one luxury they try to afford. So whilst 5% may seem acceptable to you and, may indeed be acceptable in the grand scheme of the prices for the last few years, for some it will impact quite a bit.

Also not everyone has a mobile phone and for some, not over 65 or indeed officially registered as disabled, they either find them very difficult or impossible to use. I, for one, do not have a mobile phone so would be one of those that has to pay.

Added to that, the ridiculously low take up this year , shows that a great many people wish to continue with some form of physical ticket. So I'd suggest this is the club essentially ignoring the wishes of a great many of its fans. But this would only mirror the wider relationship between fans and football clubs which has reached a point where basically fans don't matter any longer.

I fully understand that some people struggle to afford a season ticket. It’s quite a large expense and everyone’s situation is different. However I still don’t think a £20 increase over the course of a season can considered as totally unreasonable. 

Unfortunately, you would be in the very small minority of season ticket holders without a phone. 

6 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Do existing season ticket holders have until 5th June to decide whether to renew ? 

No, that’s just the date for deciding whether you want a card i believe. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Bert said:

Can any of you guys divulge what their explanation was? 

We can be quick to criticise the club about the lack of openness but this statement seems equally deficient (I fully agree with the UFS/FT stance btw)