Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

who’s contract would you renew (poll)

would you renew the contract or not (poll)  

439 members have voted

1. 1. vardy

• yes
    • no
  2. 2. vesty

• yes
    • no
  3. 3. nacho

• yes
    • no
  4. 4. wilf

• yes
    • no
  5. 5. sharky

• yes
    • no

Yes, Yes, No, Yes, No - but with the proviso that they're reasonable financially sensible deals, I would rather lose any of them than us give them a contract that risks an additional year of heavy losses and future point deductions.

• Like 4

Depends whether we can recruit improvements!!

In an ideal world we wouldnt renew anyone as we need lots of competent premier league players and these guys would free up wages and squad registrations.

I bet my house we dont strengthen significantly so could be a case of holding on to what we can, should be easier for Rudkin to handle anyway:P

Maresca obviously loves Vardy, Vesty and Wilf but makes no sense to keep Nacho and Sharky:cry:

• Like 1

I went yes, yes, no, yes, no - however I've a feeling only Vardy will agree a new one. I think all of the others will be offered reduced terms and will reject.

Thing is, you have to consider that Enzo will more than likely be gone by xmas latest, so you have to look at who can still play in multiple different systems? I think Wilf can adapt, but the rest are either too old, too slow, or can only perform in Enzoball. Oh, and obviously keep Vardy for another year!

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, 73LCFC said:

Have people forgot how bad Vestergaard & Ndidi were the last Premiership season?.

Tell me. How many starts did Vestergaard have last season. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, 73LCFC said:

Have people forgot how bad Vestergaard & Ndidi were the last Premiership season?.

I get your concerns but am hoping the style of play more suits Vesty. 

• Like 1

Vardy - Love him, pay him what he wants.

Vestergaard - Grateful for this season but not sure he'd cut it in the Prem again, though would be a great squad member. Difficult choice between renewing for similar/less money or paying to find a replacement of quality.

Iheanacho - Love ya Kels but it's over.

Ndidi - KEEP KEEP KEEP.

Albrighton - Thanks for everything Sharky.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Think it goes without saying that any renewals should be on realistic wages, not necessarily the same they were on before, but also bear in mind that the cost of the player is the sum of wages plus amortised transfer fee, which in these cases would be zero (might include a signing on fee). This means we can pay them more than the wages of a replacement player who would also be subject to a transfer fee.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

My line of thinking is that we'll be playing on the counter in the prem anyways given we won't be able to impose ourselves on a majority of the teams.

And having Vestys passing for hitting long passes to runners wouldn't be half bad

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

No but they were also being managed by a different manager who had checked out and lost the plot. 

Vesty didn’t start a league game in our relegation season. 

On 07/05/2024 at 19:25, EnderbyFox said:

Vardy - Yes, 1 more year

Vestergaard - No, lack of pace in the Prem gets him crucified imo. Wasn't he on 70k a week?

Iheanacho - No, not worth the wages, when he's poo he's really poo.

Ndidi - Yes - Definitely still Prem quality

Albrighton - No - This season was the perfect send off imo, not good enough for the Prem 

Totally agree. 

And echo your reasoning's as well.

But the deals need to be realistic ( player age etc.) and in line with getting us back on a financial even Keel ASAP.

Vardy - Yes, deserves another year and experience could be vital.

Vesty - Yes, worth an extra 1 year deal... Not sure he's good enough to start in the prem though.

Nacho - No, High wages for a non starter

Wilf - I said yes but this would depends on his demands, wouldn't pay anything more than 60k a week.

Sharky - No, Thank you for everything Marc. Great bloke.

I voted yes for Vesty, but the more I think about it, the more I think he might not be renewed.

First of all, he is on huge wages and I doubt he is going to take much of a reduction if any. Secondly, another central defender of the 3 is needed. Vesty will get caught out far to much for his pace in the premier league, the two options we currently have there are Vesty and Coady, I personally can not see the club cashing in on Coady a year after they made an investment in him. But to bring someone in, one has to leave, which appears is more likely to be Vesty. 

for me the yes’s are wilf, vardy and vesty. 

Simply put, if something is going right in football, you stick with it. The squad is back in a positive space and I think you want to nurture that. Loosing 3 of the players that got us back up by choice is a bad message to the squad.  

Particularly as all 3 were great. Vesty earnt his spot in the team and another shot at  the prem imo. We make sensible offers for all 3 and if they don’t like the terms than we shake hands… but simply not offering anything would seem a little unappreciative. 

Against bmouth, vesty showed he will still be an asset at that level. particularly if we get someone with pace to play alongside him. 

• Like 2