Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JayTheFox

A new badge?

So I saw that villa have gone back to their shield shape for their club badge now after a re design and thought it would be good to see what people’s thoughts were on our own badge and if people had a favourite?

Personally I love our current one and wouldn’t want to change it but if you could change the shape, design or font maybe what would you go for? 

Anyone who’s good at this sort of stuff want to put a few concepts together of a future Leicester city badge? 

our badge history 

IMG_3462.jpeg

• Like 2

Think we have one of the more interesting badges out there. I’m not totally averse to a new one but I don’t want one of these modern minimalist sans serif shite badges.

21 minutes ago, JayTheFox said:

So I saw that villa have gone back to their shield shape for their club badge now after a re design and thought it would be good to see what people’s thoughts were on our own badge and if people had a favourite?

Personally I love our current one and wouldn’t want to change it but if you could change the shape, design or font maybe what would you go for? 

Anyone who’s good at this sort of stuff want to put a few concepts together of a future Leicester city badge? 

our badge history 

IMG_3462.jpeg

Always liked the shield badge of the 60’s (the actual one not the one used in the graphic)

Our current one is great, city crest in the background and the tidy up they did years back added to the original design from the 90s.

It's also been our most successful period. If we were to ever change it we'd go back to it at some point in the future

1992-2002 is the best one. Everything from the font to the spacing is just right, looks almost regal. The changes since then were totally unnecessary, though the current one is better than 2002-09 where the writing is way too big.

I wish they would keep the colour scheme on away kits, one of my (many) gripes with football these days. The colours matter.

• Like 1

I think our current crest is terrible. Looks like a shit calf tattoo or a transfer you'd stick on your arm as a kid.

A strong brand doesn't need the whole XXX XXX Football Club on there. Lose the text, keep the Foxes head and the Leicestershire flower thing maybe. I like the Wolves crest, looks classy and perfect for branding without looking over the top.

Personally I love the running fox, but that's just emotional as it was my first....

I love our badge and genuinely think it's one of the best in world. So no for me.

However, I wouldn't be averse to having just the outline of the Fox's head about the same size as the badge on third away kits or something.

1 minute ago, RYM said:

I think our current crest is terrible. Looks like a shit calf tattoo or a transfer you'd stick on your arm as a kid.

A strong brand doesn't need the whole XXX XXX Football Club on there. Lose the text, keep the Foxes head and the Leicestershire flower thing maybe. I like the Wolves crest, looks classy and perfect for branding without looking over the top.

Personally I love the running fox, but that's just emotional as it was my first....

It's called the Cinquefoil and is very historically important to our city.

• Like 2

Not really in favour of redesigning the badge, but would be for us having a simpler badge for kits - sort of like how Liverpool has their classic badge with the flames and text, but then all their kits just have the bird, or how Arsenal have just the cannon.

Just the cinquefoil + foxes head could look very clean.

Also love the running fox, but I think that should be for more once in a while special kits.

8 hours ago, JayTheFox said:

our badge history 

IMG_3462.jpeg

Change our kit to all long sleeve shirts and then put 4 on each sleeve add £40 extra on the shirt price and when we moan donate £20 of it to the club charity.

9 hours ago, RYM said:

Funny isn't it.  I like the running fox best too..... Again, as it was the badge city had when I started going.  Easier to draw too......you should have seen my schoolbooks!  They also had the lyrics to every song the kop sang on them.....including the sweary ones.....that went down well with Mrs Wilkinson 😂

• Like 1