Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

1 hour ago, Innovindil said:

The tweet from that dude cashing out a £5 acca for £5.7k makes me sick to my stomach. Yeah great you've won £5.7k, but if he'd have let it go it would have won £292k. Barf. :doh:

i'm starting to think the cash out option is a bad idea. only come in use for me about once. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Osavo said:

Had a nice little double on Oldham and Doncaster yesterday. 43/1. Imagine the amount of upsets cost the bookies dearly. 

Upsets go in the bookies favour. More people would’ve had big singles on short priced favourites as well as including them in permutation bets. 

It’s not often you have a day where most bankers let you down. 

My mate has just messaged saying he's been charged on his bank statement for the amount of betting transactions over the year. A nominal amount, not even a pound, but made me wonder - could this be used as a deterrent for people? 

Obviously would need a significant cost increase but it may take people away from online gambling and force them back out into the bookies if they wanted to bet. 

14 hours ago, HowardsBulletHeader said:

My mate has just messaged saying he's been charged on his bank statement for the amount of betting transactions over the year. A nominal amount, not even a pound, but made me wonder - could this be used as a deterrent for people? 

Obviously would need a significant cost increase but it may take people away from online gambling and force them back out into the bookies if they wanted to bet. 

Definitely bullshitting.

3 hours ago, HowardsBulletHeader said:

Thanks for your totally useless reply and for calling out one of my friends as a bullshitter. 

Next time, check your facts and think before you post. 

Screenshot_20190111-164959.jpg

So its a credit card charge, nothing to do with the bank account. That's because they see it as a cash advance rather than a purchase.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HowardsBulletHeader said:

Thanks for your totally useless reply and for calling out one of my friends as a bullshitter. 

Next time, check your facts and think before you post. 

Not a problem, happy to help. 

(Definitely bullshit) 

On 07/01/2019 at 13:10, don_danbury said:

i'm starting to think the cash out option is a bad idea. only come in use for me about once. 

wow

err yeah mate, catch up. why would bookies put it in if it didn't suit them. anyway.

A horse called Filbert Street is running today - only looks good for a place (if that) but i know people like leicester related horses. is running for a new stable with a decent jockey on board and first time cheekpieces, not ran in almost a year. 

https://m.skybet.com/horse-racing/wolverhampton/event/23396384

On 07/01/2019 at 13:10, don_danbury said:

I pretty much never cash out now for that reason. Convinced over time it will make you money. They didn't introduce it to give money away.

The value of cash outs are often abysmal as well. I had a bet recently on under 0.5 goals in a game with 25 minutes left at about 6/4 and it took until about the 85th minute for me to be offered a profit cash out, yet if I'd backed over 0.5 the odds were terrible.

It's a complete rip off by and large.