Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

On 28/02/2019 at 21:18, StanSP said:

Some might remember I put some Request-A-Bets on before the start of the season. My favourite one (given it's still likely to come in), which I put a free £5 on...

Manchester City to score 90+ PL goals, Liverpool to score 80+ PL goals and Arsenal to score 70+ PL goals @ 28/1

Currently, all with 10 games to go...

Man City - 75 goals
Liverpool - 64 goals
Arsenal - 60 goals

Another I had:
Aubameyang & Lukaku both to score 15+ PL goals, Manchester Utd to score 70+ PL goals and Huddersfield to be relegated @ 6/1

Aubameyang has already scored 15.

Lukaku is currently on 10.

Man Utd have scored 55 goals.

Huddersfield only have 14 points, bottom of the league.

I've got both Man City & Liverpool to get 90+ at 14/1 and I'm absolutely furious at myself for having that over yours which I'd say is pretty nailed on.

• Like 1

Bit of a random one but it was a slow day at work and became a discussion lol

Do you reckon you could be at a football match and manage to get a bet in play before it went suspended on a betting site? Say Vardy is through on goal and you put 100 on him as next goalscorer just as he's about to strike the ball.

Obviously this would depend on having decent data connection and possibly having the bet ready to stake. :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, deejdeej said:

Do you reckon you could be at a football match and manage to get a bet in play before it went suspended on a betting site? Say Vardy is through on goal and you put 100 on him as next goalscorer just as he's about to strike the ball.

Obviously this would depend on having decent data connection and possibly having the bet ready to stake. :ph34r:

Skybet in-play usually have a 6 or 7 seconds loading time when you confirm the bet so its very unlikely it'll be done in time. Plus data connection is absolute shite in the ground lol

1 hour ago, deejdeej said:

google “courtsiding” 

Someone on here previously said they once managed to cash out a bet on a lower league game as a penalty was being given.

Edited by brucey
  • Like 1

Can be done. Happened to me twice. 

First time I was at Cov vs Notts first leg of playoff. I had money on Notts one nil. Notts were one nil up late on. Then Cov got a pen and on the second the ref blew for the pen I cashed it out (had my phone on sky bet at the time with thumb poised for something like this to happen). Obviously cashed it out fine. 

Also went to the Cov vs Exeter final in playoffs. Had Coventry 2-0 in a bet. Same scenario again, Cov scored the third goal and I cashed out. 

So it can be done for sure. Never had luck at Leicester games. And I find it depends which stadium you're in or how many in attendance. 

Sometimes I can't even get the scores up at Leicester games 

• Like 1

I reckon you could if it was at a really low standard game. Then again it's probably just your internet against theirs.