Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

The Cobbler - an Adam Sandler 'comedy' that slides easily into the small list of films I've seen that are so utterly, unforgivably terrible that they've genuinely prompted a bit of an existential crisis. There is not one redeeming feature. It is awful from start to finish and by the end I just wanted to die.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Webbo said:

The Accountant-Been putting off watching this as I'd heard it wasn't great but I really enjoyed 7/10

Watched this today, I thought it was pretty good. Also watched The Infiltrator which I thought was decent.

On 27/12/2016 at 10:20, Dr The Singh said:

Good film, however The Exorcist was based on real events, the real being a very vague tag relating to basically there were humans involved 

lol in terms of the two guys involved they were arms dealers and did try and pull of the shady deal. 

I have researched both their back stories and the film is fairly accurate. Altko hough I am unsure if the final scene happened in reality.

3 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

lol in terms of the two guys involved they were arms dealers and did try and pull of the shady deal. 

I have researched both their back stories and the film is fairly accurate. Altko hough I am unsure if the final scene happened in reality.

:ph34r: I've met the girl and the priest that there story was based, intact I dated her......We had to break up, cus everything we be having sex she would mention some Jesus guy's name.

On 29/12/2016 at 00:46, Barky said:

The Cobbler - an Adam Sandler 'comedy' that slides easily into the small list of films I've seen that are so utterly, unforgivably terrible that they've genuinely prompted a bit of an existential crisis. There is not one redeeming feature. It is awful from start to finish and by the end I just wanted to die.

But you've only yourself to blame, you knew Adam Sandler was in it.

• Like 2

Enjoyed Passengers, though it could have been a lot better if they'd not gone for crowd pleasing motifs and stunt casting. I read the original spec script (unsolicited/not commissioned by a studio, just written by a screenwriter who then sells it, which is basically what I do) a couple of years ago and it's basically unchanged apart from stuff moved about and bits embellished here and there. Enjoyable but could have been a lot better.

23 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Enjoyed Passengers, though it could have been a lot better if they'd not gone for crowd pleasing motifs and stunt casting. I read the original spec script (unsolicited/not commissioned by a studio, just written by a screenwriter who then sells it, which is basically what I do) a couple of years ago and it's basically unchanged apart from stuff moved about and bits embellished here and there. Enjoyable but could have been a lot better.

Just got back from watching this at the flicks with the wife. Thought it was a load of old bollux myself but visually very impressive. Especially Jennifer Lawrence. She's fit as fook and the scenes where she's swimming were worth the entrance money alone. 

• Like 1

On 11/14/2016 at 17:39, leicsmac said:

It's excellent. Definite World War Z vibe, but with a different angle. Also having visited the stations and traveled on the KTX many times it was cool to see them in the movie.

Let me know what you make of it.

Train to Busan.

The initial outbreak starting with a deer getting run over near that chemical plant was something new.

Missed it at the Phoenix due to illness but found it online, you certainly get your moneys worth and they even have a villain that you want to see get his comeuppance, though him causing so many of them to die went a little over the top.

The final sacrifice was very well done, I can see why this got such rave reviews :)

Have heard that there is going to be a Hollywood remake hmm:unsure:

If anyone's interested, watched this at THEMOVIEALL.COM

Edited by ithuriel

The wife dragged me along to watch LaLa Land just now. I can see why the critics love it and it will no doubt clean up at the Oscars. I thought it was OK at best but just not my thing really. Ryan Gosling is pretty cool in it tbf and nice to see my mate John Legend in it too.

2 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

The wife dragged me along to watch LaLa Land just now. I can see why the critics love it and it will no doubt clean up at the Oscars. I thought it was OK at best but just not my thing really. Ryan Gosling is pretty cool in it tbf and nice to see my mate John Legend in it too.

Off to see this tonight.  The missus wanted to see some dogshit horror called Bye Bye Man, so it was me who suggested La La Land.

I hope it's better than you make it sound or I'll be sleeping on the sofa

6 minutes ago, pSinatra said:

Off to see this tonight.  The missus wanted to see some dogshit horror called Bye Bye Man, so it was me who suggested La La Land.

I hope it's better than you make it sound or I'll be sleeping on the sofa

I hope you enjoy it mate, but at over 2 hours I was itching to get my phone out and check FT lol

It's visually quite impressive I suppose, and if you like romantic musicals you'll love it.

I just left thinking it was a birds film really :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I hope you enjoy it mate, but at over 2 hours I was itching to get my phone out and check FT lol

It's visually quite impressive I suppose, and if you like romantic musicals you'll love it.

I just left thinking it was a birds film really :rolleyes:

I am a bit gay for a musical tbf 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pSinatra said:

I am a bit gay for a musical tbf 

lol It's a bit like a modern day cross between Grease and Moulin Rouge I reckon. So if you liked those, you'll have a blast fella :thumbup:

• Like 1

Guest seanfox778
3 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

lol It's a bit like a modern day cross between Grease and Moulin Rouge I reckon. So if you liked those, you'll have a blast fella :thumbup:

Damn, I secretly love Moulin Rouge so I'm going to have to check this out. 

5 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

We'll it ain't no Singing in the Rain & he definitely ain't no Gene Kelly. 

That said. I loved it. Something different & right up my street.

The missus kept on giving me funny looks every time they started singing or dancing. She was spoiling it for me, but by the end she was bawling her eyes out. 

• Like 1

Just finished "Hunt for the Wilderpeople" (on netflix) and holy shit :o it's crazy good! I loved "What we do in the Shadows" (the directors previous film - which i believe is also still on netflix) but this is just another level. It feels so familar to a lot of other films out there, but also so different at the same time. Editing, acting and the script are all perfect and i've not been that invested in the end of a film for a VERY long time. I also found it remarkable how the script managed to be slow-paced enough to make you care about the characters - but also achieve so many levels of comedy and still move fairly swiftly due to some really clever transitional wandering scenes through the Bush. Catch this as soon as you can, it's excellent.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TAFKA Castroneves said:

Just finished "Hunt for the Wilderpeople" (on netflix) and holy shit :o it's crazy good! I loved "What we do in the Shadows" (the directors previous film - which i believe is also still on netflix) but this is just another level. It feels so familar to a lot of other films out there, but also so different at the same time. Editing, acting and the script are all perfect and i've not been that invested in the end of a film for a VERY long time. I also found it remarkable how the script managed to be slow-paced enough to make you care about the characters - but also achieve so many levels of comedy and still move fairly swiftly due to some really clever transitional wandering scenes through the Bush. Catch this as soon as you can, it's excellent.

I switched that film off after about 20 minutes.  It was just like a shit sit-com.  But I really did like Hunt for the Wilderpeople.  There's something about Australian/Kiwi humour that appeals.  Maybe I'm just catching the good stuff?

3 hours ago, TAFKA Castroneves said:

Was flipping through movies on Netflix when I saw your post. 

Loved it :)