Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Been to see The Limehouse Golem.

Probably give it a 6/10 but I think I'm being a touch generous. Bill Nighy was as great as ever but I saw the twist from a mile away. I'm just a sucker for Victorian London.

Edited by AKCJ

IT was the first Stephen King book that I didn't bother to finish as I found it boring. It actually put me off bothering to read anymore King. Does the film match the standard of the Shining? 

On 9/9/2017 at 09:34, FIF said:

IT was the first Stephen King book that I didn't bother to finish as I found it boring. It actually put me off bothering to read anymore King. Does the film match the standard of the Shining? 

Watched IT over the weekend and must say, I was mixed about it.

@AKCJ was right, the plot was all over the place in this version. I'd recommend reading the book (if you haven't done already). Pretty much all of Stephen King's film adaptations are nowhere near as good as the books. The possible exceptions imo are 'The Shawshank Redemption' and 'Pet Sematary'.

I personally found the original IT movie to be everybit as good as the modern one. The old one tells the story better and doesn't require all of the gory effects that the new one delivers. I'd argue leaving more to the imagination actually sometimes makes for a better film.

The new version will definitely have you jumping in your seat though.

C6D18FB9-0EE9-4947-B1CC-647F1A470E53-618-000000C8F00B1DEE.jpeg

16 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

Will be an eye out for this, just in case it pops up at the Phoenix but this sounds like it might be a decent low budget indy horror.

Looks dark.

That joke worked really well on my work computer where the video just displayed as a black page.

Edited by Costock_Fox

American Made with Tom Cruise - I loved it :thumbup:

I'm a bit of a Cruise fan I have to admit and this wasn't his normal type of role, but he was still great in it.

I'm sure they massively embellished the 'true' story, but it was still great fun. 8/10 for me 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finley Parsons said:

Dunkirk is worth a watch

Yeah, I liked it. It took me a while to realize that it's all taking place within the space of 24 hours, though. And there's not a lot of talking, either.

The constant switches in time were a bit annoying - a tool in order to create tension. Found it a bit confusing at first.

The aeroplane battle scenes were particularly impressive - and accurate. Gives you a better understanding of how hard it was to fly those things, let alone shoot with them at the enemy.

Guest seanfox778

I want to see IT but I'll be annoyed if Pennywise is completely CGI the whole way through. Anytime a horror film uses CGI for scares doesn't really work on me.