Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Yes, but which version?

Final Cut is generally regarded as the best.

I can't say I was a fan of the original. Completely meh for me and I'm a fan of sci-fi. I have an Unlimited Cineworld card but have no desire to see the new one due to the 2hr 40 running time. Far, far too long. At that length you just know it's going to be up it's own backside.

Bladerunner 2049 was fully sick.

Paid for the best seats in the Director's Lounge at Showcase and saw it in 3D and it was 2.5 hours of absolute bless.

It loses a little of the 'wackiness' of the original and 2.5 hours absolutely flies by because it's drenched in ****ing awesome visuals / awesome soundtrack / awesome story / awesome acting. 

Miss it, miss out, IMO. One of the finest films to grace the screen in many a year.

• Like 2

Danish Girl - Incredible acting, decent watch. Not my kind of film though, thought it moved too quickly. Don't think I can look at Eddie Redmayne the same way again.

Mystic River - Can't believe I never watched this before as it is one of my fav types of films. Really awesome.

2 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Danish Girl - Incredible acting, decent watch. Not my kind of film though, thought it moved too quickly. Don't think I can look at Eddie Redmayne the same way again.

Mystic River - Can't believe I never watched this before as it is one of my fav types of films. Really awesome.

Mystic River is a great call. Need to watch again. Eastwood's best as a director in my opinion. He also did the music as well. Talented guy.

• Like 1

Eye in the Sky - 8/10

Tense thriller following British, American and Kenyan military personnel & politicians debating the legality and morality of a drone attack on known terrorists preparing for a suicide bombing in Nairobi.

Great cast too:

Alan Rickman - his final film before his death.

Helen Mirren

Aaron Paul (Jesse in Breaking Bad. Brilliant at raw emotion)

Barkhad Abdi (Captain Philips head pirate)

Iain Glen (Ser Jorah Mormont, Tits and Dragons)

Monica Dolan (W1A, Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa, Kick Ass 2)

Plus supporting cast that you'll recognise.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Alicia Vikander in a state of undress was also a big plus point!

On 10/8/2017 at 22:21, lifted*fox said:

Paid for the best seats in the Director's Lounge at Showcase and saw it in 3D and it was 2.5 hours of absolute bless.

It loses a little of the 'wackiness' of the original and 2.5 hours absolutely flies by because it's drenched in ****ing awesome visuals / awesome soundtrack / awesome story / awesome acting. 

Miss it, miss out, IMO. One of the finest films to grace the screen in many a year.

Do you have to watch the original to get the film?

11 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Oof - here we go...

I'll watch it and enjoy it but it does seem to just be the same story over and over again. I was expecting more.

24 minutes ago, FIF said:

I'll watch it and enjoy it but it does seem to just be the same story over and over again. I was expecting more.

It does appear fairly obvious what will happen.  Snoke at the beginning clearly referencing Rey and not Ren even though you've got Ren in the scene.

The origins of Snoke - I think they will go the obvious way with that as well - he's been contained since the days of the Old Republic.  He'll be used again in the films they do post these and after the remaining spin offs when they go back in the timeline and do a load of those.  Disney will continue to milk it.

Still makes for fairly decent cinema lol

On 08/10/2017 at 22:21, lifted*fox said:

Absolutely this, except I didn't watch it in 3D, cos it isn't 3D, no film is and I just find the whole thing reminds me of looking through one of these...

220869171135.jpg

A masterpiece

36 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

I also like American history X with Ed Norton. Is filth the one with James mcavoy where they photocopy their dicks. I thought that was a really funny scene. 

Yeah, funny film it is. Rounders and fight club are my fave Ed Norton movies.