Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Guest seanfox778
2 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Watched Annabelle Creation last night, decent horror film with a few scary bits.

I saw it last night too, better than I was expecting for a sequel. Had some annoying guy who kept humming "you are my sunshine" everytime it played in the film though. 

Guest seanfox778
6 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Hahah where did you go to watch it? Wasn't me btw.

It was in Newquay. I went with my brother on a Thursday thinking it'd be quiet as it's the only night apart from weekends without any deals but it was pretty busy. I can't stand packed cinemas with a horror film playing as it's normally always ruined by folks laughing or excessive talking due to either nervousness or just rudeness haha. I'm looking forward to seeing IT when it's out, it's rare to see decent horrors these days.

2 hours ago, seanfox778 said:

It was in Newquay. I went with my brother on a Thursday thinking it'd be quiet as it's the only night apart from weekends without any deals but it was pretty busy. I can't stand packed cinemas with a horror film playing as it's normally always ruined by folks laughing or excessive talking due to either nervousness or just rudeness haha. I'm looking forward to seeing IT when it's out, it's rare to see decent horrors these days.

Yep every time.

Funniest thing happened when I went to see The Conjuring 2. I get really bad hayfever and it got to a really tense part where the nun thing walks past an open door and the woman follows her in. Now I completely forget where I am and let out a huge sneeze which was greeted by screams, shrieks and some really posh guy saying "Oh my god". It killed me, so funny.

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Finally got round to watching Mad Max Fury Road on Saturday night and enjoyed it so much I watched it again on Sunday afternoon.

Can't remember the last time I watched a film a second time so soon after the first

Really?

I should perhaps watch it again because I didn't think there was a story the first (and only) time I watched it.

9 minutes ago, FIF said:

Really?

I should perhaps watch it again because I didn't think there was a story the first (and only) time I watched it.

You're not the first I've heard say that, and it's not really an unfair comment, either.

It pretty much IS a 2 hour car chase, but there's so much in it that I missed the first time that I think I got more out of it the second time round.

Obviously it's ridiculous, but I really like the physicality of it all. There's also very little CGI (Charlize Theron's missing arm being an obvious exception) which makes it all the more impressive to me, anyway

Just watched A Few Good Men again on Sky 1.

Must have seen it half a dozen times over the years and it's still brilliant. Tom Cruise was the nuts in the 80's/early 90's

Guest seanfox778
1 hour ago, Tuna said:

Watching Die Another Day on ITV...it's laughably bad, easily the worst Bond ever. This is the one with the invisible car, the worst Bond theme ever and a ludicrous cameo from Madonna.

You've made me put it on +1 haha. I'm a big bond fan but I do have this as a bit of a guilty pleasure, it's so bad it's good to use the old cliche. The song is complete sh*t though. I can't believe how much Brosnan's Bond sounds like Littlefinger from Game of Thrones.

Guest seanfox778
4 hours ago, Ozwin said:

Saw Terminator 2: 3D at the cinema on Friday. Absolutely brilliant on the big screen. Probably the best full on action film of all time.

I saw that too, so happy I got to enjoy it at the cinema as I was only 4 when it came out. I agree with your statement. It was pointless in 3D though.

3 hours ago, seanfox778 said:

I saw that too, so happy I got to enjoy it at the cinema as I was only 4 when it came out. I agree with your statement. It was pointless in 3D though.

It added to it a little. Certainly wasn't intrusive like a lot of 3D films. I enjoyed it a lot.

9 hours ago, Ozwin said:

Saw Terminator 2: 3D at the cinema on Friday. Absolutely brilliant on the big screen. Probably the best full on action film of all time.

Yeh, a very good film. As an action film I think I preferred Aliens, though probably only because I found the young John Connor intensely annoying