Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Dunkirk is good but I was kind of expecting better.  Nolan did what he could, the music is excellent & there's some great scenes.  Rylance wins the acting & Harry Styles doesn't.  It seemed to be one big battle scene (a good one) but no real depth.

• Like 2

Can someone help me please. I have a quote in my head and I can't for the life of me think what film it's from. The quote is simply 

"Wild horses couldn't drag me away"

It's been driving me nuts for days. 

I will buy a pint for the one that helps me out. 

It's fvcking Die hard. Just popped into my head. 

Edited by browniefox
Figured it out.

On 23/07/2017 at 18:32, pSinatra said:

Dunkirk is good but I was kind of expecting better.  Nolan did what he could, the music is excellent & there's some great scenes.  Rylance wins the acting & Harry Styles doesn't.  It seemed to be one big battle scene (a good one) but no real depth.

I enjoyed it but felt it lacked a sense of epic scale. It never felt like there were 400,000 on the beach... I've seen bigger crowds at the KP. Similarly it seemed the Germans were taking occasional pot shots at them, rather than any sense of imminent threat. I expected a sea swarming with small boats, not ten (at least in any one shot) and the same for the RAF. 106 RAF planes were shot down over Dunkirk, but apparently only one made it. Not sure about the gliding thing either.

But any film that has Harry Styles drowning twice in it is fine by me! 

• Like 1

On ‎05‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 09:28, Babylon said:

Well I saw Baby Driver.... can't tell you if it's any good as the picture was utter crap and there were 6 people constantly talking over the whole film and on their phones.

What exactly, is the f'ing point in going to the cinema is you aren't going to watch the film properly.

Never been so ****ed off leaving a cinema before.

lol

2 hours ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Yeah Dunkirk good but not especially so . Best bits were the sound effects and Tom Hardy must have had

his easiest pay cheque ever.

The sound was amazing. Think they really cranked it up.

52 minutes ago, Beliall said:

Alien convenant carries on where Prometheus left off......in that it's ****ing stupid

I found Prometheus to be a profound disappointment.

10 hours ago, Tuna said:

I found Prometheus to be a profound disappointment.

I agree, but it had something about it that i liked, like discovering the ships we saw last in ALIEN. the new franchise had such great potential, but that is all gone now with covenant. its non stop ridiculous

Just watched Dunkirk as well, decent but I feel like it had the potential to be absolutely sensational. Agree with  @Trav Le Bleu 's points and I think the pacing was a bit off. 

The atmosphere was brilliant though and the noise is genuinely terrifying.

Saw war of the planet of the apes last night.

I loved the first 2. 

Overall disapointed with the 3rd. Woody Harrelson who I usually like did not convince me as the bad Hooman and the ending didn't sit right with me at all. 

There were parts of the film I thought were great, some good characters too. But the things that let it down loom large in my mind. 

Weirdly though, my wife loved it!