Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

The joke thread

On 12/08/2022 at 11:53, kristianity77 said:

Someone said earlier about a person that had pretty bad teeth " I bet they could bite into a curly wurly and they wouldn't touch any chocolate"

Laughed at that for way longer than I should have!

Sounds like he could eat an apple through a tennis racket!

6 hours ago, RoboFox said:

A horse walks into a bar. The bartender says “You’re in here a lot. Do you think you might be an alcoholic?” The horse says “I don’t think I am”, then ceases to exist.

The joke refers to Descartes’ philosophy 'I think, therefore I am,' but to explain that part at the beginning of the joke would be to put Descartes before the horse.

Way too clever for so many on FT

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, kristianity77 said:

Its always better to own a small dog as you only have to bag up small poo's on a walk. I saw a woman the other day walking an Alsatian and it looked like she had been to the butchers.

Huh Meme - IdleMeme

Edinburgh Fringe funniest joke: Pasta gag wins top prize

Ten jokes made the 2022 shortlist:

1. "I tried to steal spaghetti from the shop, but the female guard saw me and I couldn't get pasta" - Masai Graham

2. "Did you know, if you get pregnant in the Amazon, it's next-day delivery" - Mark Simmons

3. "My attempts to combine nitrous oxide and Oxo cubes made me a laughing stock" - Olaf Falafel

4. "By my age, my parents had a house and a family, and to be fair to me, so do I - but it is the same house and it is the same family" - Hannah Fairweather

5. "I hate funerals - I'm not a mourning person" - Will Mars

6. "I spent the whole morning building a time machine, so that's four hours of my life that I'm definitely getting back" - Olaf Falafel

7. "I sent a food parcel to my first wife. FedEx" - Richard Pulsford

8. "I used to live hand to mouth. Do you know what changed my life? Cutlery" - Tim Vine

9. "Don't knock threesomes. Having a threesome is like hiring an intern to do all the jobs you hate" - Sophie Duker

10. "I can't even be bothered to be apathetic these days" - Will Duggan

The standard is not very high if that is the best joke.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Isle of Wight Fox said:

Webbo should've won!

A much better phrasing of the joke as well. Where do shops selling spaghetti have guards? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, davieG said:

Edinburgh Fringe funniest joke: Pasta gag wins top prize

Ten jokes made the 2022 shortlist:

1. "I tried to steal spaghetti from the shop, but the female guard saw me and I couldn't get pasta" - Masai Graham

2. "Did you know, if you get pregnant in the Amazon, it's next-day delivery" - Mark Simmons

3. "My attempts to combine nitrous oxide and Oxo cubes made me a laughing stock" - Olaf Falafel

4. "By my age, my parents had a house and a family, and to be fair to me, so do I - but it is the same house and it is the same family" - Hannah Fairweather

5. "I hate funerals - I'm not a mourning person" - Will Mars

6. "I spent the whole morning building a time machine, so that's four hours of my life that I'm definitely getting back" - Olaf Falafel

7. "I sent a food parcel to my first wife. FedEx" - Richard Pulsford

8. "I used to live hand to mouth. Do you know what changed my life? Cutlery" - Tim Vine

9. "Don't knock threesomes. Having a threesome is like hiring an intern to do all the jobs you hate" - Sophie Duker

10. "I can't even be bothered to be apathetic these days" - Will Duggan

The standard is not very high if that is the best joke.

The two Olaf Falafel jokes raised a grin for me, but most of the rest would get you booed out of this thread.

• Like 2

I just renewed my car insurance over the phone and as I was about to hang up, the operator (obviously touting for more business) says "Do you have any pets?"

"Yes" I said, "I've got two dogs. Why?"

"Would you like to insure them too?" she asks.

"Er, stupid question" I replied. "Neither of them can fvckin drive!" :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Izzy said:

I just renewed my car insurance over the phone and as I was about to hang up, the operator (obviously touting for more business) says "Do you have any pets?"

Oh For Fucks Sake GIFs | Tenor

1 minute ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Please tell me you used the search feature and not that you trawled through 10 years worth of jokes to find those.

Always use the search feature before posting a joke :thumbup:

Otherwise you always get some smart ass coming on telling you it's been posted before :whistle:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Izzy said:

You could see that gag coming before you did the punch line. 3 out of 10 from me, Simon Cowell. 👍

• Thanks 1

I started my new job yesterday.

My boss handed me a fiver and said "First things first, I need you to go down to the shops and buy me a glass hammer, a large tin of tartan paint, and a bubble for a spirit level"

I said "Do you really think I'm that stupid?"

"What do you mean?" he replied.

I said "That lots going to cost WAY more than a fiver"

• Haha 4

40 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I started my new job yesterday.

My boss handed me a fiver and said "First things first, I need you to go down to the shops and buy me a glass hammer, a large tin of tartan paint, and a bubble for a spirit level"

I said "Do you really think I'm that stupid?"

"What do you mean?" he replied.

I said "That lots going to cost WAY more than a fiver"

On my first day as an apprentice I was sent to the stores for a 'long weight'. Sussed it out  before I got there and went and chatted to some fellow apprentices instead. lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, davieG said:

On my first day as an apprentice I was sent to the stores for a 'long weight'. Sussed it out  before I got there and went and chatted to some fellow apprentices instead. lol

On my first day as a YTS in retail, my manager pointed to one of the long fluorescent ceiling lights that was out and told me to go and get a 'six foot fallopian tube'

The chap in B&Q about pissed himself lol

• Haha 1