Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
holly

Leicester City Football Club Take-Over

You should put that in your sig. ;)

But I think shen makes a good point, even if it was just 'if the offer is right', he still wouldn't welcome a rival bid surely.

Leicester City legend Gary Lineker believes Milan Mandaric's proposed buy-out is "an interesting development" for the club.

:unsure::ph34r:

But I think shen makes a good point, even if it was just 'if the offer is right', he still wouldn't welcome a rival bid surely.

I'm trying not to put it there.. if I see it once more I will though. :D

Is that a broken record I see before me? :ph34r:

Save yourself some typing, Bab - put that sentence in your signature. :P

Great minds... :ph34r:

:sweating::thumbup:

What p*sses me off is that the club moans to death about lack of funds no money for transfers etc but then as soon as a big bid comes in the board are sheepish about accepting and acting as if they get bids like this all the time

In two sentences, you have summed the whole bid situation up. ;):thumbup:

What p*sses me off is that the club moans to death about lack of funds no money for transfers etc but then as soon as a big bid comes in the board are sheepish about accepting and acting as if they get bids like this all the time

How are they sheepish? They've received a bid considered it and have agreed to meet with MM. The secrecy surrounding the bid I would suggest emanates from MM, it's his perogative to make the whole thing public not the Board, why has he not done so? Does he have something to hide? Is his bid not all it's made out to be

All the Board are doing is attempting to negotiate the best deal for LCFC and the shareholders that is their sole responsibility.

As a regular critic of the board I believe all this criticism is unfounded and based on rumour and conjecture a lot of it as a result of the gung ho approach taken by the Mercury and LCFC.

What have the board done to put the process at risk?

Let's see some facts please?

How are they sheepish? They've received a bid considered it and have agreed to meet with MM. The secrecy surrounding the bid I would suggest emanates from MM, it's his perogative to make the whole thing public not the Board, why has he not done so? Does he have something to hide? Is his bid not all it's made out to be

All the Board are doing is attempting to negotiate the best deal for LCFC and the shareholders that is their sole responsibility.

As a regular critic of the board I believe all this criticism is unfounded and based on rumour and conjecture a lot of it as a result of the gung ho approach taken by the Mercury and LCFC.

The fact is that MM has offered only £6 million. That's why the talking has only just begun!

The fact is that MM has offered only £6 million. That's why the talking has only just begun!

I don't see the relevance of the post as a response to mine; what are you implying? what is your source? please provide the evidence?

Otherwise you show yourself as being part of the problem by posting unsubstantiated so called facts.

You will have to be patient, even after there is a conditional agreement to buy, a process known as due diligence is then undertaken; thats when the purchaser has a team of attorneys, accountants and others who know what to look for fully evaluate the business. I can tell you that this can take weeks. Certainly if property is involved an environmental survey will have to be done to assess any future liability.

surely if MM believes there are other interested parties then it is not in his favour to reveal his bid details at this stage or the other parties (if indeed they do exist and none have yet come forward) would have an advantage.

or he might just be slippery!

6m wouldn't buy the acamemy front line?????? Are you having a Giraffe?

I don't know. We've got a potential mega-star England international at the academy in Chambers and Eric Odihamsandwich scores goals for fun at that level, including many a hat-trick, which if he carried through to senior level would send his valuation through the roof :unsure:

I don't know. We've got a potential mega-star England international at the academy in Chambers and Eric Odihamsandwich scores goals for fun at that level, including many a hat-trick, which if he carried through to senior level would send his valuation through the roof :unsure:

Which neither of them have, so on what basis are they worth 6m?

If someone came in tomorrow and offered 1m for each the club would snap their hands off, gift wrap them, hand deliver them and chuck in a free Momo Sylla.

Which neither of them have, so on what basis are they worth 6m?

If someone came in tomorrow and offered 1m for each the club would snap their hands off, gift wrap them, hand deliver them and chuck in a free Momo Sylla.

They're still kids finding their feet and with careful handling and a slow introduction to the step-up could well produce the goods. We're forgetting here that Chambers did his GCSE's at the same time as me last year, and so he has an awful lot of time on his side. And anyways, this is Thracian's argument to be having lol, I was just looking to see if I could find reasons for them being valued at more than £6m!!

I do however like your free Momo Sylla thing, maybe when we do eventually offload a player for some money we can chuck in a free Sylla with it :D

I don't think it has been mentioned that, if the 'alternative bidders' (if there are any !) to MM are COMPANIES (eg Bardon, Wilson Bowden etc), then it's likely that, if successful, we'd have all the same hassle at trying to get money from them for players, as reps getting mileage expenses - ie a bureaucratic nonsense, "have to be justified" etc. At least with one 'money man' / a single (mad !) owner (like Abramovitch, Walker, Hall, Mandaric) a manager only has to convince one man if he wants to buy a player -and, if he agrees (!) - the deal can go through quickly. I'm all for the Mandaric bid - if it's pitched against company or other corporate financial interests.

Archived