Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

9 hours ago, everton carr said:

Not sure why Cozzie gets some much stick yes he's overweight and maybe not the player he was a couple of years ago but still averaging around 35 which is pretty useful just st needs to turn these 50s and 60s into tons

He under performs not the only one. Just doesn't get enough runs. His fitness doesn't help his cause you wouldn't really look up to him. 

You would more likely think what a wasted talent never reached his full potential. 

Having said that he is still better than most in the side. 

Weather may save them later!!! It's a our only hope:fc:

Just looked at the squad for tonight's game, really is depressing compared to other counties. It s going to be a real struggle, no overseas signing is gonna hurt us.

Edited by smitha

18 minutes ago, Cake said:

A spell of poor weather in the home T20s will just about finish us off financially that's how bad it is!

Not really dont forget they have the£1.3 million coming from the ECB they would only have budgeted for crowds of around  2000 and they take out insurance 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cake said:

A spell of poor weather in the home T20s will just about finish us off financially that's how bad it is!

The amount of times they announced that the match was delayed but the bars are open, hoping people will spend as much money is possible was a bit overkill! Ground is in a bit of a state too to be honest. 

6 hours ago, hejammy said:

The amount of times they announced that the match was delayed but the bars are open, hoping people will spend as much money is possible was a bit overkill! Ground is in a bit of a state too to be honest. 

All sides do that in what way did you think the Ground was in a bit of a state?

2 hours ago, everton carr said:

All sides do that in what way did you think the Ground was in a bit of a state?

Broken chairs, dated stands, floodlights half working, cafe is pretty dull and a bit of a mess, the turf isn't the best is it? Etc etc. It's no Edgbaston or Lords is it? 

1 hour ago, hejammy said:

Broken chairs, dated stands, floodlights half working, cafe is pretty dull and a bit of a mess, the turf isn't the best is it? Etc etc. It's no Edgbaston or Lords is it? 

No it's not a test match ground but it's a good County ground better then Northampton Derby Sussex Essex etc

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, everton carr said:

No it's not a test match ground but it's a good County ground better then Northampton Derby Sussex Essex etc

Agreed. And I think the staff do all they can to make it a welcoming environment. I love visiting from time to time as it is so evocative of my childhood and time spent with my Dad

• Like 1

Yep I go to loads of grounds whenever I'm holiday I visit a ground. 

Sussex very poor, Derby awful, and Essex. In fact I would say it's one of the best non test grounds. 

Canterbury better (Lovely ground but in a very pretty City which helps, get big crowds at Kent also bigger crowds than alot of test grounds get ) Taunton? But that's about it. 

No. Nothing at all wrong with the ground. Wicket is good also. 

On the pitch well yep we are among the poorest........

Edited by Cake

1 hour ago, Cake said:

Sussex very poor, Derby awful, and Essex. In fact I would say it's one of the best non test grounds. 

Canterbury better (Lovely ground but in a very pretty City which helps, get big crowds at Kent also bigger crowds than alot of test grounds get ) Taunton? But that's about it. 

The retirement flats they built at Canterbury give a lovely view across the ground, but they are going at £39000-£450000 for a 2 bedroom flat.

1 hour ago, MaidstoneFox said:

The retirement flats they built at Canterbury give a lovely view across the ground, but they are going at £39000-£450000 for a 2 bedroom flat.

Yep not sure you'd get 450 k for a flat overlooking Grace Road. 

5k there tonight good effort. Big county though I guess. Canterbury is a nice place son lives there. 

1 hour ago, MaidstoneFox said:

That’s where weve lost out too. Worcestershire managed to get a Holiday Inn into ground/land. Always busy as it’s right next to the city. Other clubs been able to find schemes like these to get some money in 

13 hours ago, Cake said:

What do you think of Wantage Road?