Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

Hard to see where the county go from here, whatever target we get you just know they will knock them off with overs to spare. Need new fresh blood but cannot afford it, massively need new investment but it is hardly a profitable commodity to entice the investment. Currently the county is at its lowest ebb in all forms of the game, gotta feel for Nicko must be so frustrated but some of the players are not up to it or past it.

17 minutes ago, smitha said:

Hard to see where the county go from here, whatever target we get you just know they will knock them off with overs to spare. Need new fresh blood but cannot afford it, massively need new investment but it is hardly a profitable commodity to entice the investment. Currently the county is at its lowest ebb in all forms of the game, gotta feel for Nicko must be so frustrated but some of the players are not up to it or past it.

Don't agree were at our lowest ebb didn't win a game in 2013 and 2014 and lost most of those games by an innings.At least we are fairly competive in the 4 day  game   And most our our players are good enough just need to get rid of 2 maybe 3 passengers

13 minutes ago, everton carr said:

Don't agree were at our lowest ebb didn't win a game in 2013 and 2014 and lost most of those games by an innings.At least we are fairly competive in the 4 day  game   And most our our players are good enough just need to get rid of 2 maybe 3 passengers

We have won one this season addmitingly which was the 1st game but since then it has been down hill. I like Azad and Ackerman the rest are to inconsistent in the batting. Abbas has been good but the rest have been a bit hit and miss. I liked the look of Tom Taylor but hasn't been seen in ages is he injured? We have been in games yes but they have poor days in most games which cost them.  Trouble is getting rid of 2 or 3 what do you replace them with? with no funds available.

38 minutes ago, smitha said:

We have won one this season addmitingly which was the 1st game but since then it has been down hill. I like Azad and Ackerman the rest are to inconsistent in the batting. Abbas has been good but the rest have been a bit hit and miss. I liked the look of Tom Taylor but hasn't been seen in ages is he injured? We have been in games yes but they have poor days in most games which cost them.  Trouble is getting rid of 2 or 3 what do you replace them with? with no funds available.

Cozzie one of the highest paid players in Div 2 we will save a good deal of money when he finishes his contract next year Horton and Dexter are also high earners

1 hour ago, everton carr said:

Fairly competitive?, hats off and respect for your support of the county but we are bottom of the county Championship so we can agree to disagree on this. The defeat at Cheltenham was pathetic and  in effect to have lost this game after the first over is equally woeful  even by our low standards these are paid professionals acting anything but held together by a kid in his first season playing cricket while sorting out his Masters degree. Wonder what positive spin the County put on this.  

10 minutes ago, everton carr said:

Cozzie one of the highest paid players in Div 2 we will save a good deal of money when he finishes his contract next year Horton and Dexter are also high earners

Cheer us up who are out of contract at the end of the season?

The biggest frustration is that, even in these depressing, listless years, we've had some glimpses of promise. 2016 and 2018 both saw spells of decent cricket and results but they've not had enough to sustain it. Worse still, the next season has been back towards the bottom of the table with 0-2 wins per season.

This season it looks like all three formats are going to be a waste of time. For a few years the T20 saved us but even that was a fair while ago now.

19 minutes ago, katieakita said:

Fairly competitive?, hats off and respect for your support of the county but we are bottom of the county Championship so we can agree to disagree on this. The defeat at Cheltenham was pathetic and  in effect to have lost this game after the first over is equally woeful  even by our low standards these are paid professionals acting anything but held together by a kid in his first season playing cricket while sorting out his Masters degree. Wonder what positive spin the County put on this.  

We would have beaten Middlesex but for the Weather maybe also at Northampton  and should have beaten Derby back in 2013 and 14 most games were lost in 2 or 3 days apart from Worcestershire no one has thrashed us this season

I think we have been a bit unlucky in the championship. Games could have gone either way I guess. I really do think some glimpse of promise on show. 

I think in most games we have competed. Not as bad as a few years ago. 

However I would say that the weakest T20 side I've seen us put out on paper and in practice. 

I can't see how it's possible for that side to compete. Love to be proved wrong but just can't see it. 

Just now, Cake said:

I think we have been a bit unlucky in the championship. Games could have gone either way I guess. I really do think some glimpse of promise on show. 

I think in most games we have competed. Not as bad as a few years ago. 

However I would say that the weakest T20 side I've seen us put out on paper and in practice. 

I can't see how it's possible for that side to compete. Love to be proved wrong but just can't see it. I actually squirmed a bit in my seat today the crowd were not entertained and the first time in over 40 years I actually  felt embarrassed

The main issue is we cannot cut enough dead wood due to Mr Fantastic putting them on long term contracts and then making an absolute hash of the Carberry situation.

We need to blend the young guys with Ackermann, Wright and Azad and hoof out some of the gravy trainers who simply aren't up to it.

Any seasoned pro who hasn't scored a century in over 2 years can't get a contract renewed. Any seasoned pro with an average under 35...at least...can't get a contract renewed.

Any seasoned pro who can't get towards 50 wickets a season shouldn't get a contract renewed.

Losing Abbas isn't that bad. We need an oversea who can bowl and bat and is decent in all 3 formats.

And why do we never get someone in whose national team is touring that year? Look at Bancroft up at Durham.

It normally takes to at least late August for me to be sick of them but this year it's come early.

• Like 1