Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

12 hours ago, Cake said:

I think we have been a bit unlucky in the championship. Games could have gone either way I guess. I really do think some glimpse of promise on show. 

I think in most games we have competed. Not as bad as a few years ago. 

However I would say that the weakest T20 side I've seen us put out on paper and in practice. 

I can't see how it's possible for that side to compete. Love to be proved wrong but just can't see it. 

Agreed.Richard Rae said on Commentry we haven't even the money to sign someone in on Loan.Sure plenty of Counties like Kent with Stevens would be happy to pay the wages to see  there players playing regular 1st team cricket would surely suit both parties.

3 hours ago, everton carr said:

Agreed.Richard Rae said on Commentry we haven't even the money to sign someone in on Loan.Sure plenty of Counties like Kent with Stevens would be happy to pay the wages to see  there players playing regular 1st team cricket would surely suit both parties.

This season is a write off for sure. i would be happy with a couple of wins in the Blast and a win in the remaining Championship games. May as well start planning for next season and who we can recruit, who is going to be captain, which academy players you might give a game to.

Michael Carberry is now an artist, he does pencil drawings of cricketers and sports people and exhibits his work.

On 21/07/2019 at 09:05, everton carr said:

12 wickets for Ben Kitt in the 2nds v Northants must be worth a contract 

He's a good player, still only 24, but has spent most of the last 2 years injured, which is why Notts let him go. Has a point to prove, but an element of risk because of his injury record.

53 minutes ago, MaidstoneFox said:

This season is a write off for sure. i would be happy with a couple of wins in the Blast and a win in the remaining Championship games. May as well start planning for next season and who we can recruit, who is going to be captain, which academy players you might give a game to.

Michael Carberry is now an artist, he does pencil drawings of cricketers and sports people and exhibits his work.

Seems to be the same every season that by the time we hit mid July the season is over. While we have no funds think it will be the same season after season. For me we have got to stop buying crap like Horton, Pettini and Carberry who have come to the end of their careers and looking for an easy finish 

Might be the same outcome but need to blood youngsters and give them a chance, can hardy do any worse.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MaidstoneFox said:

Well he was able to draw a nice chunk here doing nothing :ph34r:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MaidstoneFox said:

He's a good player, still only 24, but has spent most of the last 2 years injured, which is why Notts let him go. Has a point to prove, but an element of risk because of his injury record.

Similar to Tom Taylor, do we take a punt? Offer a year and see how it goes although we run the risk (if it goes well) if losing him to another county, it’s a dilemma 

47 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Similar to Tom Taylor, do we take a punt? Offer a year and see how it goes although we run the risk (if it goes well) if losing him to another county, it’s a dilemma 

Yep Taylor looks good but 4 games in 2 seasons thats a lot of money down the drain

Going forward 1 or 2 year contracts are the way ahead. No Kolpak well maybe try and keep Ackerman. Cosgrove, Dexter, Horton just can't afford them. 

I'm not an expert but I wouldn't think Fidel Edwards and Stevo cost a bean as if their counties wouldn't want them sitting idle. 

Probably sick of me saying this but Rouse, Karl Brown, Callum Haggert all been playing club cricket so far this season. All decent records. 

Edited by Cake

29 minutes ago, Cake said:

Going forward 1 or 2 year contracts are the way ahead. No Kolpak well maybe try and keep Ackerman. Cosgrove, Dexter, Horton just can't afford them. 

I'm not an expert but I wouldn't think Fidel Edwards and Stevo cost a bean as if their counties wouldn't want them sitting idle. 

Probably sick of me saying this but Rouse, Karl Brown, Callum Haggert all been playing club cricket so far this season. All decent records. 

I’d give longer contracts to Mike and Azad try and tie them down to 4 years or any other good youngster we may have.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Be nice if King Power wanted to invest in LCCC.

Can't imagine it would be hugely costly.

Given the fact that Top seems keen on certain English traditions, eg polo, and the huge interest in cricket across Asia, there could even be some commercial logic too such an investment. A million a year for 5 years, say, could have a transformational impact on County’s fortunes. It’s all about getting the approach right, and who delivers that approach. If they could work if one of the LCFC hierarchy likes cricket they’d have a chance 

3 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I’d give longer contracts to Mike and Azad try and tie them down to 4 years or any other good youngster we may have.

Yep I mean those guys I agree. No more guys looking for a pension 

1 hour ago, harpendenfox said:

Given the fact that Top seems keen on certain English traditions, eg polo, and the huge interest in cricket across Asia, there could even be some commercial logic too such an investment. A million a year for 5 years, say, could have a transformational impact on County’s fortunes. It’s all about getting the approach right, and who delivers that approach. If they could work if one of the LCFC hierarchy likes cricket they’d have a chance 

Gary Lineker a big cricket fan. Might have some influence. 

Tonight is one of 2 games I can go to this t20 campaign. Not expecting much this year, but with the lovely weather I'm expecting a decent evening. Just hope the fosters isn't lukewarm as usual, makes it even more undrinkable.

1 hour ago, everton carr said:

Darren Stevens leaving Kent at the end of the season but wants to carry on playing next year based on this seasons form could still do a job

I don't want to get too "baggy green worship" and rose-tinted about this, but, playing ability aside, it'd also be good for our younger players to have an older head around who actually grew up playing for the county too.

Edited by Voll Blau
  • Like 1