Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

7 hours ago, Hereford:Fox said:

Butcher is a terrible pundit, Key is brilliant on the other hand. 

Quite like Butcher said some nice things about us unlike Knight with the ground hasn't changed at all over the years still they always produce a good Wicket  better then that dump in Chelmsford where he used to play

1 hour ago, worth_the_wait said:

Great win last night.  

After a torrid start in the 20/20 competition, we've won 3 of the last 4 games ... and are now back in contention.

If you've not been to Grace Road - get yourself down for a game.   The County have had a rough time the last decade or so, and really need the support.  

It's hard for me to get down in the week, but I'm down for Friday night. Anyone know if The Cricketers is back open yet?

10 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Wtf he was 1/13 and finished 7/18? lol how even. 

Love that the world cup was full of balls hitting the stumps at not falling and he takes a wicket by basically grazing three atoms of the bails with the ball. 

Mad. 

I watched about 10-15 minutes of the game while I was tidying up.

The guy got 4 wickets in that time, lol 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, everton carr said:

Quite like Butcher said some nice things about us unlike Knight with the ground hasn't changed at all over the years still they always produce a good Wicket  better then that dump in Chelmsford where he used to play

Love how they go on about Fortress Chelmsford yet Essex have never won this thing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

Lads over from Bochum for the Wolves game were looking forward to tonight. Do hope the weather holds.

Yeah, I'm fvcked if I'm spending my Friday night explaining Duckworth-Lewis to someone in their second language. lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Walshy5 said:

I'm in 2 minds weather to chance it or not. BBC weather says thunderstorms but met office says only a 30% chance of a shower. The refund policy is shit. If theres no result you should get your money back. 

I thought they offered money back after the Lancs washout.... within a fortnight of the game.

Remember going to a rain-affected 8 overs-a-side game there a few years ago. Maybe v Yorkshire?

What are they like about you going in and out of the ground with your tickets these days? Is it "once you're in, you're in"? Haven't made a T20 there for a couple of years.

30 minutes ago, Walshy5 said:

I'm in 2 minds weather to chance it or not. BBC weather says thunderstorms but met office says only a 30% chance of a shower. The refund policy is shit. If theres no result you should get your money back. 

I went to the Lancashire game that got rained off the other week and they let you get a refund up until a certain date (minus an admin fee of £1 off your ticket cost lol) or you could re use it again for another group game for free. 

5 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Remember going to a rain-affected 8 overs-a-side game there a few years ago. Maybe v Yorkshire?

What are they like about you going in and out of the ground with your tickets these days? Is it "once you're in, you're in"? Haven't made a T20 there for a couple of years.

Once you’re in you’re in, there is no escape.

No I’m not sure, there’s little around the ground to go out to, maybe the pub if you dare.

1 hour ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Once you’re in you’re in, there is no escape.

No I’m not sure, there’s little around the ground to go out to, maybe the pub if you dare.

Thanks. Is the Chinese chippy round the corner still going? Used to love a trip there at lunch/tea.