Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

35 minutes ago, everton carr said:

we are on TV next week for the Birmingham match.Dissapointing that Sky have chosen a ladies T20 match tonight over the Blast

listening to how we are going tonight 73-0 off the power play think Sky picked correctly 

51 minutes ago, katieakita said:

listening to how we are going tonight 73-0 off the power play think Sky picked correctly 

Dread to think what the likes of Atherton and Key who can't stand clubs like Leicester say about us next week be lucky to get much more then 1k though the gate

• Like 1

Comprehensively beaten again, really frustrating how we can contain Notts but Durham have scored around 300 runs off 25 overs over the 2 games. No way forward and financially getting worse not sure how we can improve, finish bottom on all formats of the game. Cannot see Nicko staying around much longer must be so frustrating for him.

2 minutes ago, smitha said:

Comprehensively beaten again, really frustrating how we can contain Notts but Durham have scored around 300 runs off 25 overs over the 2 games. No way forward and financially getting worse not sure how we can improve, finish bottom on all formats of the game. Cannot see Nicko staying around much longer must be so frustrating for him.

Not sure Nicko would be that great a loss on paper we are as good as Northants  and Derby at the very least and they have a smaller budget then us yet they perform so much better in all formats of the game

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, everton carr said:

Not sure Nicko would be that great a loss on paper we are as good as Northants  and Derby at the very least and they have a smaller budget then us yet they perform so much better in all formats of the game

Yeah the money line although is a hampering us, for me it’s coming out far too often now.

6 hours ago, Walshy5 said:

You say Derby and Northants have a smaller budget than us but aren't we the only county not to have an overseas player for the t20? 

Yes true but Derbyshire 1 overseas player is Logan Van Beek that superstar who played for New Zealand A and got a work visa because of a Dutch mother got to be the most low budget overseas signing of all time..As for Northants true they have 2 overseas players for the T20 but thay have a full time squad of only 15 players we have 20

22 hours ago, TK95 said:

Every single IPL game is screened live. The same with the Big Bash league.

I'm not saying it's feasible to do that here but the lack of coverage of the T20 blast is really frustrating. How are you going to engage a wider audience if you don't show the bloody thing?!

Looks like the ECB are putting all the eggs in the basket for The Hundred :rolleyes:

From a position of strength after the World Cup win, the ECB are trying to keep the public's attention away from the domestic game at a time when interest in cricket hasn't been this high for 14 years - all in order to make the stats look better when The Hundred inevitably flops next year. They're bringing the game into disrepute with their actions. It's a disgrace.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, everton carr said:

Azad Ackerman Abbas Wright Taylor Griffiths Cosgrove And Horton still averages mid 30s are my 8

AZAD ACKERMAN ABBAS WRIGHT TAYLOR GRIFFITHS SWINDLES COSGROVE

I WOULD SAY THAT DAVIES BOWLS WELL ON OCCASIONS ALSO WPRTH ANOTHEF YEAR. HORTON SEE YOUR POINT BUT ON HIS MONEY NEEDS TO PLAY ALL FORMATS 

LIKE TO SEE NICK WELCH GIVEN GAME TIME REALLY GOOD PLAYER, ALSO EVANS. 

THE LAD IN THE 2S FROM NOTTS IS ALSO A GOOD BET GIVE HIM A GO, CALLUM HAGGERT OF KENT PLAYING CLUB CRICKET BEING RELEASED IN SEPTEMBER ANOTHER GOOD BET. CAN ALSO BAT. 

THATS 3 GUYS THAT IMPROVE OUR SIDE FOR NEXT TO NOTHING. 

1 hour ago, Cake said:

AZAD ACKERMAN ABBAS WRIGHT TAYLOR GRIFFITHS SWINDLES COSGROVE

I WOULD SAY THAT DAVIES BOWLS WELL ON OCCASIONS ALSO WPRTH ANOTHEF YEAR. HORTON SEE YOUR POINT BUT ON HIS MONEY NEEDS TO PLAY ALL FORMATS 

LIKE TO SEE NICK WELCH GIVEN GAME TIME REALLY GOOD PLAYER, ALSO EVANS. 

THE LAD IN THE 2S FROM NOTTS IS ALSO A GOOD BET GIVE HIM A GO, CALLUM HAGGERT OF KENT PLAYING CLUB CRICKET BEING RELEASED IN SEPTEMBER ANOTHER GOOD BET. CAN ALSO BAT. 

THATS 3 GUYS THAT IMPROVE OUR SIDE FOR NEXT TO NOTHING. 

Nick Welch looked very useful yesterday heard from a couple of people at the ground and I hope and can't believe it's true but they were saying that Ateeq Javid is the 3rd best paid player at the club if that's true it's total madness

33 minutes ago, everton carr said:

Nick Welch looked very useful yesterday heard from a couple of people at the ground and I hope and can't believe it's true but they were saying that Ateeq Javid is the 3rd best paid player at the club if that's true it's total madness

Dear god

44 minutes ago, everton carr said:

That's bonkers. Wasim Khan's legacy continues to rear its head.....

Levi being released from Northants has a good record. Northants have four openers. 

I think he would be ideal for us at the top of the order. 

Worth a season. Although he and Cosgrove could bankrupt us at tea time.