Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

10 hours ago, HaroldBazBo said:

They deserve a right shoeing for that. 

Dropped catches, bowling the pacers at the death, middle order lack of composure.

The spinners, Lilley, Ackerman (batting) and Ben Mike won that on their own.

There are plenty of opportunities to castigate County. When we win a thriller just enjoy it, eh? Life’s too short.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, everton carr said:

In the history of the T20 which started in 2003 can anyone think of a less inspiring opening bat then Dearden?

No. I cant understand the Dearden selection. I do try not to be negative but wow, terrible. Chance after chance. Not even a decent fielder. 

May as well throw in the new bat tbh. Id open with Hill and Delaney

4 minutes ago, Cake said:

No. I cant understand the Dearden selection. I do try not to be negative but wow, terrible. Chance after chance. Not even a decent fielder. 

May as well throw in the new bat tbh. Id open with Hill and Delaney

He's the same every game just tries to slog every ball getting nowhere near most off them and when he does finally make contact he gets caught on the boundary 

You’re right, I missed out Delaney.

The decision to bowl pace towards the end was really frustrating. Spin was really working and had really put a stop on their run rate. Lilley’s very handy with the ball and he had a couple left in the tank.

The Yorky commentator was complementing Dearden last week. He can look the part but just doesn’t convert.

4 hours ago, everton carr said:

In the history of the T20 which started in 2003 can anyone think of a less inspiring opening bat then Dearden?

I remember Eckersley opened for us in T20 a few years back and he was pretty shocking. I know what you mean about Dearden though. 58 was his run rate yesterday and that's shocking for T20. I was actually happy to see him walk. Swindells did a half decent job at opening last year so I'd go with him.

1 hour ago, Walshy5 said:

I remember Eckersley opened for us in T20 a few years back and he was pretty shocking. I know what you mean about Dearden though. 58 was his run rate yesterday and that's shocking for T20. I was actually happy to see him walk. Swindells did a half decent job at opening last year so I'd go with him.

Was this the year after Cobby left? Eckersley kept playing and missing everything, absolutely shocking in T20