Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

7 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

No other team would have failed to get 148 when losing only 4 wickets. Rhodes is just awful - why did he go in before Hill? Madness. Also thought that we should have bowled more overs of spin. We allowed them a lot of runs off the seamers in the last 4 or 5 overs. Oh well, same old Leicestershire.

Yep. I mean Lilley cant get a game can he. Bowls one good over gets taken off. On comes Davis and goes for 10. 

I dont get it. 

Lilley has bowled 3 overs for 15. Why only 3

• Like 3

mike and hill in the hutch. Rhodes and Dearden struggled for quick runs all season. They’ve been the coaches “I’m the coach, I’ll pick em” Nixon’s ego has got in the way of a comfortable victory here. And previous potential progress

i absolutely adored him as a cricketer over the years here but as a coach he isn’t good enough. I’m not just talking about today, there has been numerous poor decisions on players signed, players released, length of contacts etc. 

Listen to his interviews. He isn’t very intelligent. 

15 minutes ago, CoventryFox said:

mike and hill in the hutch. Rhodes and Dearden struggled for quick runs all season. They’ve been the coaches “I’m the coach, I’ll pick em” Nixon’s ego has got in the way of a comfortable victory here. And previous potential progress

i absolutely adored him as a cricketer over the years here but as a coach he isn’t good enough. I’m not just talking about today, there has been numerous poor decisions on players signed, players released, length of contacts etc. 

Listen to his interviews. He isn’t very intelligent. 

Dont want to have to agree with you about Nico but im getting pissed off with this tbh

13 minutes ago, everton carr said:

Just reading  some of the comments on Twitter Harry you played a blinder last night Harry you have been amazing for us  I understand people not wanting to say anything nasty to the guy on Twitter but to post comments like that beggars belief 

To be fair 36 off 32 balls is probably the best he's played in years.....

Edited by RowlattsFox

44 minutes ago, everton carr said:

True but in a run chase you need to be able to move up a gear like Ackerman does so well  Dearden  and Rhodes never looked like they would be able to do that

Oh yeah, i was just joking. Losing a match, chasing a modest score, having 2 set batsmen in with 6 wickets in the shed should never happen. didn't watch it but scores suggest it was difficult to play the big shots but that's no excuse. Different rules in T20. 

There didn't appear to be a strategy in those final overs. They were struggling to hit boundaries, so switch to going for ones or twos on the big Grace road outside. But I guess you had two players low on form, confidence and self-belief. In hindsight clearly Lewis should have batted at 5, and perhaps the big hitting Ben Mike at 6. A couple of maximums and we've have done it.

3 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

There didn't appear to be a strategy in those final overs. They were struggling to hit boundaries, so switch to going for ones or twos on the big Grace road outside. But I guess you had two players low on form, confidence and self-belief. In hindsight clearly Lewis should have batted at 5, and perhaps the big hitting Ben Mike at 6. A couple of maximums and we've have done it.

Hindsight yes but there were just over 9 overs left when the 2 came together, plenty of overs to get the runs, nobody would of ever thought we wouldn’t lose another wicket and ultimately fail in the chase.