Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

Flicked on after the football and Sky went though the tables and they said Birmingham had already qualified forgetting any chance of Leicester qualifying. Back tracked a little after saying it's subject to change but definitely talked as though the Bears were through. 

And Sky were absolutely gutted about it 

4 hours ago, katieakita said:

The Leicestershire way a very professional performance on a so so pitch with Welch, Lilley and Ackerman all getting in and failing to time it probably you knew it was a decent score and very well squeezed by the bowlers. Not sure what has happened during the break and Lancashire rolling the pitch but if they have done something illegal they should be kicked out the competition.

No heavy roller allowed in 1 day cricket. Thankfully we won anyway.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cake said:

Lilley is out of contract at the end of the season

He should be receiving a contract offer tomorrow morning!!!!!

Also be playing in all formats. Batted so well this year and really good in the field. Plus bowls

Really hope we have the money to offer him a new contract. Imagine losing him because we're committed to 2 more years of both Dearden and Rhodes.:facepalm:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cake said:

Seemed to get slower and lower, it was reported on sky news that the umpires have asked the ECB to investigate? 

Not sure what the punishment will be. If any. 

I think they have ended up with the tougher game, Sussex away. 

Damn right. Although the Sussex batting has been a bit suspect lately.

Can’t find it now but read an article saying Sky should have done like a Soccer Saturday for the final day when everyone is playing simultaneously. 

Once again it’s a fine example of the tournament being excellent - to which the ECB don’t have the fore vision to back and support, instead chasing after the diet IPL in the 100

• Like 1

So impressed with Ackers in this mini season. He really does seem to be leading by example, and I am hopeful he can set new standards for others to perform. Somehow we need to back him up with a couple of judicious signings over the winter. Ideally a batter and a bowler in the 27-31 age bracket to add some experience and know how. That is easier said than done, but there will be a lot of players out of contract this autumn, so there might be more choice than normal. The bowling group, with Wright, Griffiths, Mike, Davis, Klein, Parkinson and Evans, is looking decent I think, even with Taylor's departure, so batting is perhaps the priority. I like Ackers at 4, so a decent number 3 is the priority for me. If we can afford an overseas next season, that would be where I would invest

• Like 1

21 hours ago, HaroldBazBo said:

Shame it doesn’t appear to be on the mercury website.

If Mike is fit and comes in for Dearden we could turn Notts over.

Griffiths, Davies and Klein did well today.

We’ve already beat Notts so why not again 

Thinking ahead to next season like others have said the bowling unit looks pretty reasonable with:

Evans, Davis, Klein, Wright, Griffiths, Mike, Parkinson and young Bowley. Mike looks ready to step into Taylor's shoes as the bowling all rounder. Perhaps we are a seamer light for a full length season if that's what we get in 2021.

In terms of all rounders we have the already mentioned Mike as well as Ackermann and Lilley so we look well stocked.

Keepers we have Hill who is solid for now, Swindells who is hopefully ready to breakthrough and contribute runs regularly as well, we also have the young lad Bates who signed a pro deal.

Batting however we have:

Welch, Evans, Azad, Dearden and Rhodes.

Azad plus 1 from the first 2 is probably adequate for opening and Ackermann will be key in the top order perhaps along with Lilley. As it stands though I'd say we need two batsmen to come out at 3-5 with Ackermann. This could be both overseas signings I suppose if we can afford it. I'd assume with Welch looking like Horton's replacement that there is at least money for Malan and Cosgrove equivalents...

Nash would fill the experienced batsman niche quite nicely given what we've lost in Cosgrove and Horton.

Edited by CrawlingFox

2 hours ago, CrawlingFox said:

Thinking ahead to next season like others have said the bowling unit looks pretty reasonable with:

Evans, Davis, Klein, Wright, Griffiths, Mike, Parkinson and young Bowley. Mike looks ready to step into Taylor's shoes as the bowling all rounder. Perhaps we are a seamer light for a full length season if that's what we get in 2021.

In terms of all rounders we have the already mentioned Mike as well as Ackermann and Lilley so we look well stocked.

Keepers we have Hill who is solid for now, Swindells who is hopefully ready to breakthrough and contribute runs regularly as well, we also have the young lad Bates who signed a pro deal.

Batting however we have:

Welch, Evans, Azad, Dearden and Rhodes.

Azad plus 1 from the first 2 is probably adequate for opening and Ackermann will be key in the top order perhaps along with Lilley. As it stands though I'd say we need two batsmen to come out at 3-5 with Ackermann. This could be both overseas signings I suppose if we can afford it. I'd assume with Welch looking like Horton's replacement that there is at least money for Malan and Cosgrove equivalents...

Nash would fill the experienced batsman niche quite nicely given what we've lost in Cosgrove and Horton.

I'd rather go for someone like Rob Newton than Nash but we certainly need an experienced batsman. 

• Like 1