Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

3 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

We haven't taken 20 wickets in a match yet this year have we?

There's been genuine positives at times with the bat; especially Sam Evans and Hill; but the bowling looks so far short.

Yep the bowling’s not just an issue today. God knows what run rate we’re conceding at this season.

There’s been a real inability for the bowlers to build pressure throughout the first four games. Poor Wright has so much on his shoulders.

Even by Leics CC’s low standard, In the last 30 years of watching them I struggle to remember a worse attack.

It’s a shame because the batting has been competitive.

3 hours ago, everton carr said:

Still much better then the dreadful Richard Rae

My pet hate he is. Honestly dreadful. Knows next to nothing about the game. Thought George Geary was a spinner the other day........

• Like 1

2 hours ago, everton carr said:

Yep Swindells nice lad and promosing cricketer but been dreadful behind the stumps this season. Only our attack could make Cockbain look a world beater

Yes may as well let Hill keep and bring Ackerman in. 

Surely the bigger mistake here was pushing so hard this morning and losing wickets, when we knew full well that we only had a four man attack. And not just a four man attack, but Wight who had bowled nearly twice as many overs as anyone else in the first innings, two young and inexperienced seamers and a spinner who has no record of bowling a side out fourth innings yet. The fact they had to resort to 3 overs from Lewis Hill before lunch says it all - he was lucky that was when he bowled otherwise his little lollipops could have been smacked out of the ground.

Perhaps they thought they had nothing to lose as we won't qualify anyway, but the more pragmatic approach would have been to bat a bit longer. It was a high risk strategy that's for sure; once the shine went off the new ball and the bowlers started to tire, they looked dead in the water. Not great for the confidence of young players to lose like this, I would have been inclined to make the game safer first.

• Like 4

Our side is woefully unbalanced.

Harris, Azad and Ackermann have (I'm pleased to say) been joined by Hill and Sam Evans as competent batters. Others like Patel and Swindells look to have potential with Steele in the wings too and others scoring heavily for the seconds.

Wright is a good bowler but nobody else has looked near his level.

There's 2 or 3 good bowlers not getting a look in at all at Essex; and that's only looking at one county. 

Might be time to get a loan in. I don't usually like it, especially since we got Slater firing for Notts, but we definitely need a shot of instant quality in the bowling department. If Wright wasn't bowling well or got injured, I think we could probably bowl 4 days and concede 2,000.

• Like 2

To be fair we were meant to be getting the SA all rounder in and they weren’t to know that Evans and Hill would come good.

Were very exposed with the ball. The batsmen have proven that they can grind us out of trouble at Surrey and set up winning positions at Gloucester.

We need what Surrey have got in, someone like Kemar Roach.

Aaron Beard is a fairly low-imagination, obvious shout for a bowler who likely:

a) would improve our attack instantly

b) is not getting a FC game and unlikely to get one currently at Essex.

At his age, I reckon he just wants to be playing since I'm sure he will be targeting an England spot sometime (impressed for U19s).

We could probably do with 'another' Wright as well who can bowl the spells and build pressure; but there's not too many of those likely to be available.

Kent have one or two worth a look as well; but I do wonder if there is likely to be a big reshuffle there at some point as they've had some terrible sessions so far this season.

19 minutes ago, HaroldBazBo said:

Keith Barker on loan from Hants.

Knows Chris Wright inside out. Adds experience and heft.

Don't want anything to do with Hants until we get a formal apology and acknowledgement they cheated. The limp-wristed excuses and justifications we got from Vince were appalling; just as disappointing as the actions themselves and I'd rather we finish bottom than take charity from them.

I know it seems like a dog with a bone, but its the bloody spirit of the game; one of the huge things cricket has going for it, which has been threatened. Hampshire would throw all that away just to win a match an hour or two more quickly. 

Plus every county has a bowler not getting picked that would improve us, so no reason to deal with the cheats.

• Like 3

As others have said moat second XI attacks are probably more potent than ours.

Whether it's Sakande or a loan we need something else ASAP. Even Barnes or Davis if fit would be an improvement right now.

Griffiths has looked OK in the past, at least competent at County level.

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Roach out for Surrey tomorrow, which is something given he took 8-40 the other day...

That may be quite important given I can't help but feel our bowlers are in for a long old toil so we'll be reliant on our batting holding up to get a draw or get us into a position where scoreboard pressure can help the bowlers.

At least a top 5 of:

Azad

Evans

Harris

Ackermann

Hill

Looks both strong and gritty.

The new website is terrible, looks like a 15 year old did it on Wix. It's embarrassing compared to what other counties have and why have they launched when some things aren't working properly?

Barnes and Davis not playing for the Seconds, so I assume they are in the squad for tomorrow (or unfit). County seem to be reducing the amount of information being given to fans this season.

3 hours ago, CrawlingFox said:

That may be quite important given I can't help but feel our bowlers are in for a long old toil so we'll be reliant on our batting holding up to get a draw or get us into a position where scoreboard pressure can help the bowlers.

At least a top 5 of:

Azad

Evans

Harris

Ackermann

Hill

To quote Sir Viv Richards " you can pick you you want", ain't gonna make no difference!

At least a top 5 of:

Azad

Evans

Harris

Ackermann

Hill

Hope your right! 

At least a top 5 of:

Azad

Evans

Harris

Ackermann

Hill

I'd go with Patel at 6 and allow Hill to keep

4 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Wish they sold some of the training gear, looks alright for the gym. The one day and T20 shirts this year are honkingly bad.

I guess Sturdidge only sell the match shirts as really not too many are going to buy our stuff.

Suspect the merch offering will be next on the commercial 'to do' list for Jarvis. Swear it used to be miles better when I was a kid.