Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

Hill's average at the start of the season was low 20s but he's looked like a player who can average double that and that's exactly what he's doing so far.

Has looked so confident and composed at the crease. Hasn't let any bowler get on top of him even when we've been under pressure.

Suspect this ton will do wonders for his confidence and he can go on and get further big scores.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Can't be that often that two Leicestershire-born players have scored centuries for County in the same innings?

Been thinking about this and my best guess would be that the two Darrens - Maddy and Stevens - might feasibly have managed it 20-odd years ago.

Any other suggestions?

Edited by Voll Blau

2 hours ago, CrawlingFox said:

Hill's average at the start of the season was low 20s but he's looked like a player who can average double that and that's exactly what he's doing so far.

Has looked so confident and composed at the crease. Hasn't let any bowler get on top of him even when we've been under pressure.

Suspect this ton will do wonders for his confidence and he can go on and get further big scores.

Credit to Nixon and the coaching staff who have always rated and seen something in Hill. I trust Nixon on Hill and Swindells as he was such a fine keeper, batsman and competitor himself.

I have had some conversations in the past with some at LCCC and its definitely thought that these two are far more coachable than some of the more surprising players we've allowed to leave. I shouldn't say much more than that.

I'm absolutely delighted for Hill.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, HaroldBazBo said:

What do you reckon if we do the number on them tomorrow. Pile on the runs or enforce the follow on. Pile on the runs for me.

I vote for enforce the follow on but then balls that up badly, allow them a 200 run lead and then get bowled out for about 85.

Only kidding.

• Haha 1

Patel and Hill look like the only lads we have who might score heavily at a decent clip so a lot of pressure on them tomorrow morning. Azad and Evans are good batters but turgid in terms of run rate. I do look forward to the likes of Mike having a swing though.

The bowling is a concern. Wright is carrying us in this game. Evans and Mike don't look threatening.

10 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Why are we still batting? 

So we can attack for longer, we are weak on the bowling but wicket does look to be doing something 331 lead with 84 overs left cannot see us going much longer though