Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

I've heard lots of good things about Patel's efforts yesterday. The partnership with Hill is key for us. Frankly I think we need both to still be in for some time if we're to set a target that makes a game of it. Swindells has potential but hasn't looked as assured as Hill this season with the bat. The tail has the potential to be gritty but probably won't be adding too many runs against the likes of Leach and Overton on this pitch as it ages.

21 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Anything around a 180 lead may make it interesting 

You'd like to think so even with our bowlers. Just pleased we've taken another of the best sides in the country to the fourth innings to be honest.

• Like 1

Have to hope Harris finds his form this week. That would be a massive help. Presume too 3 will be Evans, Harris and Azad. Ackers may be missing due to concussion, in which case time to look at Patel at 4. Evans for Griffiths perhaps. Davis and Barnes still injured. 

We really could do with some glimmers of hope. I’d love to say we are making progress, but it’s hard to spot any real evidence of it.

11 hours ago, Cake said:

I'd also bring in Modhwadia also. Fresh legs. Got promise. Get Sakande in also short term nothing to lose. 

Only trouble is @Cake we are in danger of racking up a huge amount of second team players on the payroll. I understand your sentiment. Short term contract perhaps, but knowing us we will give them 3 and a half years

13 hours ago, harpendenfox said:

Have to hope Harris finds his form this week. That would be a massive help. Presume too 3 will be Evans, Harris and Azad. Ackers may be missing due to concussion, in which case time to look at Patel at 4. Evans for Griffiths perhaps. Davis and Barnes still injured. 

We really could do with some glimmers of hope. I’d love to say we are making progress, but it’s hard to spot any real evidence of it.

Harris looked in good form last week just played 2 rash shots

Assuming Ackermann missing then I'd expect:

Azad

Harris

Evans

Dearden

Hill

Swindells

Mike

Parkinson

Wright

Klein

Griffiths

Maybe Alex Evans coming into the bowling though I think it's a strike bowler we need and are missing from the squad. I'd quite like to see more of Patel but can't see Nixon dropping Dearden or a bowler.

Hill is looking very strong at 5 and the top 3 should be good too. I also think Dearden has generally looked improved so far this season. Maybe a big score would drive his confidence on and help him consistently score heavily. I hope Mike can start nicking the odd 50 as well, if not then 7 is too high for him, especially with Swindells not looking like he will score heavily (he is young though and will keep improving).

3 hours ago, harpendenfox said:

Only trouble is @Cake we are in danger of racking up a huge amount of second team players on the payroll. I understand your sentiment. Short term contract perhaps, but knowing us we will give them 3 and a half years

Yep it's an issue. Very odd that we went out and signed more batsmen and don't seem to fancy any of them and zero bowlers. I think we need one more as a bare minimum. 

Not the same level obviously but I have more seamers to pick.from on Saturday  than Nicko does! Rotating 5 seamers I think it's all we have? With the two injuries. 

Going to have to pull in at least one more as I say. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Cake said:

Yep it's an issue. Very odd that we went out and signed more batsmen and don't seem to fancy any of them and zero bowlers. I think we need one more as a bare minimum. 

Not the same level obviously but I have more seamers to pick.from on Saturday  than Nicko does! Rotating 5 seamers I think it's all we have? With the two injuries. 

Going to have to pull in at least one more as I say. 

We have Klein, Wright, Griffiths, Mike, Evans, Barnes and Davis on the books I believe. Davis and Barnes back for the 2nds today so assume all are fit. Naveen joining for the Blast too.

Not sure numbers is the issue but outside of Klein being a left armer they're all much of a muchness for me outside of Wright being a bit more wily.

Hello all

Apologies for the delay in posting my third day report but life irritatingly sometimes gets in the way of cricket or the writing about it. However, for anyone who read my first two reports and wants to complete the set, here, from the Somerset perspective, is the link:

https://farmerwhite.co.uk/2021/04/26/back-within-range-leicestershire-v-somerset-county-championship-2021-grace-road-day-3/

With best wishes to all and good fortune to Leicestershire in the rest of the competition. Your team played with some spirit in this match I thought.

Farmer White

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Farmer White said:

Hello all

Apologies for the delay in posting my third day report but life irritatingly sometimes gets in the way of cricket or the writing about it. However, for anyone who read my first two reports and wants to complete the set, here, from the Somerset perspective, is the link:

https://farmerwhite.co.uk/2021/04/26/back-within-range-leicestershire-v-somerset-county-championship-2021-grace-road-day-3/

With best wishes to all and good fortune to Leicestershire in the rest of the competition. Your team played with some spirit in this match I thought.

Farmer White

Me aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand the Farmer!

All the best to Somerset for the rest of the season; a match which was hard fought and appeared to be played in the right spirit (I confess I didn't see all of it)

Overton has generally impressed me in the county game but it sounds like he's got the bit between this teeth this season.

Haven't got a high level seamer we can borrow for a few matches have you? Outside of Wright's skill and know how, Evans' ability to get a bit of bounce from docile pitches and the one in 12 spells from Klein that is good (which is usually exceptional), we are well short!

1 hour ago, Farmer White said:

Hello all

Farmer White

Thanks for the updates. I thought they were well written and well balanced.