Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

4 hours ago, MaidstoneFox said:

The new website is terrible, looks like a 15 year old did it on Wix. It's embarrassing compared to what other counties have and why have they launched when some things aren't working properly?

Barnes and Davis not playing for the Seconds, so I assume they are in the squad for tomorrow (or unfit). County seem to be reducing the amount of information being given to fans this season.

If Barnes doesn't get a game when we are this short on bowlers and are desperate to change it up a bit then you really have to wonder why we signed him

38 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

If Barnes doesn't get a game when we are this short on bowlers and are desperate to change it up a bit then you really have to wonder why we signed him

Surely Barnes has to play? Modhwadia is consistent for the 2s. Worth a look. Apart from Wright and to an extent Parky they have struggled. To say the least. 

9 hours ago, Cake said:

Surely Barnes has to play? Modhwadia is consistent for the 2s. Worth a look. Apart from Wright and to an extent Parky they have struggled. To say the least. 

Yes; I think Alex Evans has shown he has something about him and has produced some decent(ish) partnerships with Wright (its all relative!)

Its a good job that Wright really has bowled well in patches otherwise we'd be even more of a joke

What do people think about the Evans and Azad combination at the top?

They're both good but they're also both turgid batters. If they both stayed in all day we'd probably barely crack 200.

Additionally can we afford two opening batters who can only play red ball? (Unless one surprises us).

18 minutes ago, CrawlingFox said:

They're both good but they're also both turgid batters. If they both stayed in all day we'd probably barely crack 200.

Additionally can we afford two opening batters who can only play red ball? (Unless one surprises us).

Harris is quite gritty as well. I personally think its no bad thing as ultimately I think most points we get this season might be from draws batting second.

They are turgid but I guess they can often give us a platform. 

Feel for Patel not being given a run is he. 

I'd have played him instead of Swindels and got Hill to keep. Think it's odd we play two keepers. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CrawlingFox said:

I think a solid start is what we need in Championship cricket, so given their performances so far, they are there for a while now. Remains to be seen if either can can adapt their game for the Royal London, as neither has actually played that much first class cricket. The Blast is a different story, but as we have two overseas for that I don't think it matters if they play much.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cake said:

They are turgid but I guess they can often give us a platform. 

Feel for Patel not being given a run is he. 

I'd have played him instead of Swindels and got Hill to keep. Think it's odd we play two keepers. 

There's logic in what you say, but I would also be loathe to do anything that upsets Hill's excellent form with the bat. I've liked what I've seen from Patel thus far. More to come one would like to think

47 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

There's logic in what you say, but I would also be loathe to do anything that upsets Hill's excellent form with the bat. I've liked what I've seen from Patel thus far. More to come one would like to think

Yes been excellent but at 5 should be OK. Just think Patel has more to offer with the bat but it's the ball that worries me more 

I'm not often one to praise over the last couple of years. But you have to wonder how this squad would have started the season under 'normal' league circumstances.

Getting to 150 against Surrey ALL OUT would be an achievement in my book... let alone 150/1 lol 

Obviously would have liked to see us doing better against Gloucs (even if they are a good Div 2 side) but to start against Somerset, Surrey, Hampshire and now Surrey again, and not just be completely and utterly embarrassed, I'd class as a bit of progress.

• Like 2

There are positives I agree. Batting been the best it's been in a decade, I mean statistically not just my opinion. 

That's why last week I was annoyed we gave them even a sniff. 

Recruitment been poor though. So many batsmen and bare bones bowling. Should have got a loan in. 

But hey look at the batting, great stuff. No 49 all outs etc

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Some counties wanting to get the go ahead from the ECB to host the rest of the IPL. 

Cant see that happening but sums up the mood towards the 100

Absurd. 

They want to bring thousands of people over here from India just to play cricket?