Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phlashman

Hughes, Hammond, Maybury put up for sale

I will have nothing against Fryattt when he starts getting 15/18 goals a season.

But am I sick of the endless excuses for him and the turning of so many blind eyes to what he actually contributes.

The lad still has a lot to prove- that much is certain Thrac, but to say he doesn't have the potential is complete and utter bollocks. He's had a bad season, largely due to injury- and I'm sure we didn't hear the full extent of that. Just as I'm convinced we didn't with Weso either (and I don't see you not giving him the benefit of the doubt). Thats why we're hanging onto Fryatt.

Elvis always gives it his all, and has a fair bit of pace- I wish him all the best in League 1 or 2. To be fair, that's his level. He's not Championship quality.

Let's not get too excited they haven't gone yet. I seem to remember Kelly doing something similar with Sylla, MDV and Hamill(?) and MDV is still with us.

Can we assume that no one else is getting transfer listed although the likes of Douglas could still get paid off - more questions than answers for me!

The lad still has a lot to prove- that much is certain Thrac, but to say he doesn't have the potential is complete and utter bollocks. He's had a bad season, largely due to injury- and I'm sure we didn't hear the full extent of that. Just as I'm convinced we didn't with Weso either (and I don't see you not giving him the benefit of the doubt). Thats why we're hanging onto Fryatt.

Elvis always gives it his all, and has a fair bit of pace- I wish him all the best in League 1 or 2. To be fair, that's his level. He's not Championship quality.

I expressed considerable doubts about Weso's future about the time Barton suggested his career was over and just before he was reinstated so that comment is cobblers.

Thankfully his performances since reinstatement have been as encouraging to me as I'm sure they've been to all at the club.

Of course we've not heard full details about the extent of Fryatt's injury but his return looked a lot less convincing than Weso's.

I've never said Fryatt shouldn't have treatment or that the club shouldn't spend money trying to get him right.

But even when I cautioned we should take time with him, rebuild his sharpness, strength and confidence slowly by coming off the bench all and sundry on here were saying no, he must start. Result. More misfiring and more disappointment.

Well, injury or no injury there's only one way for a striker to justify his place in the team and that is with goals. And goals have ben singularly lacking.

They've been singularly lacking

I'm happy these have been put up, but just abit gutted some more of the lazy ****s ain't been put up for sale...Mind you maybe he has other plans for them...Put it this way surly no body's that stupid to pay money for them?! :blink:

Come-on Bart... however well either turn out to do in Scottish football they've been consistently inconsequential while they've been here.

And, just like one or two other long-term failures, no-one can say they didn't get a fair crack. Kelly even invented positions for em if he could.

Maybury was bollox after his first attempted move to Sunderland broke down, but it doesn't mean he is a bad player. Hughes has ability also, I am disappointed it didn't work out for them but they'll move on go to decent Clubs and have a good career.

As for Elvis Hammond he is a waster and any attempt by anyone to justify him as a professional footballer is frankly insulting. I hope the tosser never gets another contract anywhere.

Maybury was bollox after his first attempted move to Sunderland broke down, but it doesn't mean he is a bad player. Hughes has ability also, I am disappointed it didn't work out for them but they'll move on go to decent Clubs and have a good career.

As for Elvis Hammond he is a waster and any attempt by anyone to justify him as a professional footballer is frankly insulting. I hope the tosser never gets another contract anywhere.

Hughes looked really good for his first few games, but from then on he only shoed glimpses of his talent. Maybury is a good solid right back, but was pretty dire this season.

:whistle::whistle:

happy days, hughes is buggering off assuming anyone is stupid to buy him. Scottish football is really really dreadful, if Hughes is going to go to Hearts!

:whistle::whistle:

happy days, hughes is buggering off assuming anyone is stupid to buy him. Scottish football is really really dreadful, if Hughes is going to go to Hearts!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I hope nobody buys Elvis.

They can have him for free, for all I care.

Next on the to-do-list:

- Douggie dances his way out of LCFC

- solve the Hendo/Logan question

- Mark De Vries - is it a bomb name or just another football player on our wage bill I've never heard of?

- MIDFIELD

- a really good and reliable striker must be available somewhere!

They can have him for free, for all I care.

Next on the to-do-list:

- Mark De Vries - is it a bomb name or just another football player on our wage bill I've never heard of?

- MIDFIELD

He solved it- he went and bought someone else.

Can't believe you wouldn't want a fee if there was 1 going.

A bit disappointed about Maybury, I never thought he was that bad. It must mean that MA is planning to play N'Gotty at right back, with probably Stearman as back up.

Pretty much sorted... one of Hendo or Douglas will be off I'd expect, While Logan will probably wind up on loan (then again Wortho seemed to rate him over Hendo so you never know).

DeVries will be on his way out I expect, clubs will come in for him if transfer listed (he's not back in the country at the moment is he?). A reliable striker seems to be just what we're being linked with in the shape of Saganowski (a link thats very encouraging IMHO), add to that Eastwood is still a realistic target (I'll try not to imagine it's even possible we could sign both! :whistle:).

-MIDFIELD

That must be the next big area set to be improved upon... Hendrie, Kishishev and (particuarly!) Jarvis have all been strongly linked with us and i think we'll be bringing in anything from 4 to 6 players in the midfield alone (!). It would be encouraging if players like Hendrie, Kishishev, Murphy(? -as an example) could also be complemented with the likes of Jarvis and perhaps some younger players on loan from the "big" clubs (a-la Brum and Derby this season :cool: ).

Surely that has been solved today - neither of them are now first choice :dunno:

I should watch the Danish bloke first. Opinion doesn't suggest he's a cert to cope with English football. But it does emphasise how fans immediately decide the "new bloke" is automatically better. If only it were true.

Amen to all of that.

Spot on.

[1] I should watch the Danish bloke first.

[2] Opinion doesn't suggest he's a cert to cope with English football.

[3] But it does emphasise how fans immediately decide the "new bloke" is automatically better. If only it were true.

[1] I will

[2] Where? I've not read that today. :dunno:

[3] Erm, are you seriously suggesting that Allen would be signing back-up players to our current squad? one that has been Danish Keeper of the year twice and only failed to be in the National squad as a result of a gambling addiction? A bit too early for the Barbar methinks :unsure:

[1] I will

[2] Where? I've not read that today. :dunno:

[3] Erm, are you seriously suggesting that Allen would be signing back-up players to our current squad? one that has been Danish Keeper of the year twice and only failed to be in the National squad as a result of a gambling addiction? A bit too early for the Barbar methinks :unsure:

2) Keep looking. It's there.

3) Of course Allen wouldn't. Allen has signed him to be first choice. Doesn't mean fans should assume he's right.

PS:

Being Denmark's goalkeeper is akin to being Scotland's goalkeeper. Not necessarily bad but...

2) Keep looking. It's there.

3) Of course Allen wouldn't. Allen has signed him to be first choice. Doesn't mean fans should assume he's right.

PS:

Being Denmark's goalkeeper is akin to being Scotland's goalkeeper. Not necessarily bad but...

Schmeichel ?

Archived