Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ousefox

Ideal Midfield next season!

Though if we can get a decent left back and ka'abi to play wing-backs then that would be awesome. Saw Ka'abi play before and excels in that position because he tackles well but can also get forward well

FYI

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hossein_Ka'abi

My midfield for what its worth would be

New signing 1 ---- Weso ------ Kishishev ------ New signing 2

And on bench Porter, Hellings and King

I still think we need 3 more midfielders, 1 striker and another left back

McCauley right back instead of n'gotty

Please no.

Put a half decent left winger against him, he will be ripped to shreads. When he had to play there against Fulham, Routledge tore him apart. At least N Gotty has some experience as a right back.

Please no.

Put a half decent left winger against him, he will be ripped to shreads. When he had to play there against Fulham, Routledge tore him apart. At least N Gotty has some experience as a right back.

Got to say the only reason we lost to fulham was McCarthy.

DOn't think McAuley struggled at right myself.

But hey you can only say what you see,

I saw the highlights from QPR away (2005/06) the other day. I'm pretty sure it was Wesolowski who created our last two goals in that match. He may not be full of pace but Wesolowski can pick a pass and can create things when he gets the ball at his feet. If he can stay injury-free this pre-season I can see him going on to have a big impact for us. It's a big if but I've got my fingers crossed for him.

Nielsen

N'gotty De Zeuw Kisnorbo

Ka'abi Mattock

Porter Kishishev Gray

Cort Hume

Bench

Hendo

Mcauley

Stearman

Weso

Fryatt

Plus Hellings/Sappleton/Logan/Dodds/Sheehan

Only 3 new signings (Julian Gray, Ka'abi, De Zeuw) in that side but i think we need to add a few more for depth especially at left back, right mid and up front to push for places and the defence needs to have more solid back up ie Kenton maybe?

why does every1 like wesolowski i went to all the home games last eason and he wasnt even that good to be honest ....he had a great game at fulham both home and away..they are the only games i really seen him make a difference :ermm:

Being in midfield is not all about scoring 30 yard scorchers. Wesolowski is very much like Mascherano or Makelele in that he is an unsung hero who protects the defence with solid tackling and good ball distribution.

Thats why everyone likes him so much :worship:

(also he was one of the squad that looked like he gave a genuine shit when we were knee deep in the brown stuff at the end of the season)

:doh:

I despair sometimes.

Just a quick run-through then.

Bruno N'Gotty as a right-back, well how's this for starters? http://www.sportsrecords.co.uk/soccer/soccer303x.htm Just the seven years there then. Played primarily as a centre-back for Bolton but has had spells at right-back throughout the rest of his career. I'm not convinced he'll play there for us but to say he's never played there for any length of time is plain wrong.

The thing about "creativity in the middle", it's all a myth. Look at show-ponies like Williams and Hughes - how much creativity have we had out of them over the past two or three years? I'd rather have two energetic, committed players who will get up and down the pitch and leave the attacking to the wide players, ideally at least one of whom will be incredibly quick such as Ka'abi, who would be wasted at right-back for the nutter who tried to say he couldn't play on the right wing.

If Hendrie comes and plays central midfield then that's all well and good but until he stops whinging on about going to Derby or Sheffield United then I'm not going to give him much thought. We can only go with the most credible links at this stage and we haven't really been properly linked with any attacking central midfielders that I can think of.

I think you're completely right about this Fez, and the more I think about it, the more I think that this is the approach that MA is going for, because it just seems patently obvious that we are not going to be able to attract the creative cm we want. Really get up and at them in midield, then spread it wide and forward quickly. Weso and Kisi will do this job well and (if he turns out to be much cop) so does Hellings.

So it'll just be wingers now that we're looking for. And Hendrie is not coming- I think thats pretty obvious now.

So:

McIndoe Weso Kisi Kaabi

Hellings will be needed at some point (so he'd better be half decent) cause theres no way Weso will last a whole season.

All these people putting Hellings in as first choice in midfield.Has anyone actually seen him play(or had even heard of him before we signed him)? Apart from on football manager?

On the players we have now;

HUME- WESO- HELLINGS- PORTER/MATTOCK

Wish list team;

COMMONS- WESO- HELLINGS- PORTER/MATTOCK.

I'd rather play Kishishev than Hellings.

All these people putting Hellings in as first choice in midfield.Has anyone actually seen him play(or had even heard of him before we signed him)? Apart from on football manager?

Exactly.

He's new. Anyone new is automatically better than what is here already. That's well known.

When they arrived there was plenty wanted: Sylla, Low, McCarthy, Kisnorbo (in midfield remember), Kenton, Horsfield, Jarrett, Johnson and that's just off the cuff.

I'm quite convinced that if MA signed Humpty Dumpty under a pseudonym some people would pick him for the team.

-----------------Neilson----------------- - goalie

-----n'gotty------kisnorbo-------stearman---------McAualy - defenders

-----hendrie-------hellings-------weso--------mattock - midfielders

--------------------hume-----------------cort-------------------------- - strikers

-----------------Neilson----------------- - goalie

-----n'gotty------kisnorbo-------stearman---------McAualy - defenders

-----hendrie-------hellings-------weso--------mattock - midfielders

--------------------hume-----------------cort-------------------------- - strikers

:| What, why??

Mattock - Left back, not left winger

McAuley - not a left back

Stearman and N'Gotty may aswell swop

Hellings rather than Kishishev

Hendrie on the right

And finally, Mattocks not a left back. (I know I put it twice but it's pissing me off)

:| What, why??

Mattock - Left back, not left winger

McAuley - not a left back

Stearman and N'Gotty may aswell swop

Hellings rather than Kishishev

Hendrie on the right

And finally, Mattocks not a left back. (I know I put it twice but it's pissing me off)

lol lol lol lol

He's new. Anyone new is automatically better than what is here already. That's well known.

When they arrived there was plenty wanted: Sylla, Low, McCarthy, Kisnorbo (in midfield remember), Kenton, Horsfield, Jarrett, Johnson and that's just off the cuff.

I'm quite convinced that if MA signed Humpty Dumpty under a pseudonym some people would pick him for the team.

Well one person would, depending on their age and how pert their bottom was.

:whistle:

Sure you can have the quality but that means sweet f.a without passion and desire.

i'd prefer to be shite and want to give 100% every game, than be outstanding and not have the hunger to play.

people, including myself, love him for just a few reasons;

1. he broke his leg at the start of 05/06 and was then pushing his way back into the team by just after xmas if i am not mistaken. that shows that he wants to play, wants to prove himself.

2. he then broke his leg again after pushing himself back into the team, but came back again, eager as ever, showing the same qualities as above.

3. has been picked for the Aussie squad. i'm not saying that they are brazil, but to be what, 18 at the time?, and being picked with a chance to play alongside the likes of harry kewell(sp), viduka and bresciano, shows that he must have some potensial.

4. although he didnt play much football in that season he still earned a new contract. even if you are a nobhead of a manager you will not sign on a shit, young, unproven player for no reason, but dont quote me on that actually...

5. When he traveled down to Hairyford he ran the show in midfeild, doing the silent job getting an assist for elvis's goal if i recall. he simply picked everything up that was in front of the defence and srayed the ball out wide.

6. an Aussie youth development coach has said weso is one of the best young players to come out of austrailia.

7. he is a great bloke/lad. when he came to the ford i got my shirt signed before the match buy hime, hum and tiatto. they all said alright mate and signed my shirt, but jimbo stayed for a while. he asked me if i played football, who my favourite city player was and seemed to want to stay in amongst us chatting for as long as possible, while all the other players walked straight into the changing rooms.

and that is why he is my idol :worship: .

as a then 14, now 15 year old lad, still just about hoping to play for somebody one day, he is the perfect person to look up to in my eyes. it cant have been easy for him and if i could show half as much passion as he does i'm sure i could make myself look a tad bit better but atm i really cant give a shit about playing football unfortunately :dunno: .

quality isnt everything

Archived