Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

I've been going stir crazy with it being so cold recently, so I took a walk along the canal to Foxton and back this morning. It was bitterly cold in the wind but I was still surprised to see ice still on the canal - it must have been frozen solid last week.

Canal.JPG.7b398ee47fb7af17191ab24e74e1a34f.JPG

1 hour ago, Buce said:

I've been going stir crazy with it being so cold recently, so I took a walk along the canal to Foxton and back this morning. It was bitterly cold in the wind but I was still surprised to see ice still on the canal - it must have been frozen solid last week.

Canal.JPG.7b398ee47fb7af17191ab24e74e1a34f.JPG

I love Foxton Locks.. one of my favourite places in the world

• Like 1

Just now, ozleicester said:

I love Foxton Locks.. one of my favourite places in the world

Yeah, me too.

The walk there along the canal from Newton Harcourt is really nice too.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2018 at 12:18, Rincewind said:

The Leicester beer festival starts today at its new venue the Haymarket theatre. I'll be there probably working on the local beer area. There are also festivals at the Kings Head Brood and Blue Boar.

John Davis, landlord of the Kings Head is leaving to open his own bar in Loughborough. Called Wheeltappers. It will have a bigger selection of real ales. Will be sad to see him go but it is a good move for him as he will have full control of the beers he sells and not ruled by a brewery.

If you at the Festival come and say hello and I will pour you your beer. It is tokens again this year. I dont know the layout yet. Will try and get there before the 5pm start to have a look around.

I'll no doubt be there at some point this weekend!

28 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

27 degrees in Cancun. Drinking cocktails with crazy young Americans on Spring Break. Had worse days.

It's easy to go off people you know :whistle:

Have a great time mate, I'm only jealous :P

• Haha 1

On 08/03/2018 at 21:50, UpTheLeagueFox said:

27 degrees in Cancun. Drinking cocktails with crazy young Americans on Spring Break. Had worse days.

However old they tell you they are, minus 5 before you agree to do anything and you should be safe :thumbup:

Edited by ajthefox
  • Haha 2

Pleasant cheapo flight on sleezy jet ...  :thumbup: ...      pleasant cheapo room in pleasant cheapo hotel near the centre of Geneva   :thumbup: ....   now about to go on the p1ss drinking not so cheapo Swiss beer !!    :o ...    life isn’t all roses you know ! 

36 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Pleasant cheapo flight on sleezy jet ...  :thumbup: ...      pleasant cheapo room in pleasant cheapo hotel near the centre of Geneva   :thumbup: ....   now about to go on the p1ss drinking not so cheapo Swiss beer !!    :o ...    life isn’t all roses you know ! 

Geneva?

That not so conventional...

9 hours ago, Buce said:

Geneva?

That not so conventional...

Oh dear Bucey ...  my head hurts ....   and reading that doesn’t help ...    :(

Just woke up with one of those where the fvck am I moments ...     in fact ...    where the fvck am I ???