Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

15 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Worked my arse off trying to get as much done in the kitchen today before kick-off.

A few more tile cuts to be made at the top and bottom, then grouting.

Almost there.

We've got kickboards on for the first time in 13 months!

So happy with it though.

20210403_182751.jpg

Very smart lad ..  well done ...  :thumbup:

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Very smart lad ..  well done ...  :thumbup:

Thanks mate. Literally started it in Lockdown 1.0 lol

Lost motivation quite a few times. 

Now we're in sight of people actually being allowed over, I need it finished.

Step-daughters birthday tomorrow, family all have time slots to visit, they're allowed a peek through the window and that's it! 

My Mrs turns 40 a few days after 30 people can meet, that's the grand opening!

• Like 1

The morons who leave it until Easter weekend to attempt to buy Easter Eggs and complain that they’re sold out are definitely the same nonces who complain about them being on sale over 4 months before Easter. Clowns.

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Dr Marco said:

The morons who leave it until Easter weekend to attempt to buy Easter Eggs and complain that they’re sold out are definitely the same nonces who complain about them being on sale over 4 months before Easter. Clowns.

I'm showing this to my Mrs. She is definitely said nonce lol

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Proud dad today as mi boy ran a marathon in 3hrs 10 and raised 1500 for Cancer Research

He’s like a fookin dynamo. Amazing pace

👍

7.5 minute mileing for 26 miles is amazing.

10 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Lower back has given out on me for the 5th time in a year. Had an MRI scan last week so I’m hoping that’ll provide some answers. I’m only 27 ffs. 

Ouch. I’ve had a bad back for the last 8 months but for the last 2 I’ve been doing yoga daily and I’ve gone the longest with no pain that I’ve been.

Thoroughly recommend giving it a good go mate.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

Lower back has given out on me for the 5th time in a year. Had an MRI scan last week so I’m hoping that’ll provide some answers. I’m only 27 ffs. 

Mine also went this morning for the 3rd time in recent years, really need to get it seen to. I was getting some old decking up.

Barely been able to walk all day. Unfortunately I'd already put up a tent and promised the kids we could sleep in the in the back garden tonight, I'm regretting that now.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

I feel for you.

I've struggled with mine since about the same age.

First went lifting an 11 gallon beer keg, never been the same since.

I quite regularly slip a disc by doing the most everyday tasks, my personal best is probably from sneezing lol

Been to the doctors a few times for it, usually end up with anti-inflammatories and a workout guide to strengthen my core.

The doc told me that anyone over 30 who doesn't suffer occasionally is a liar.

He also advised me to drink alcohol in moderation as it works as a muscle relaxant!!!

Stopped going to the GP after he said they'd think about surgery, no thanks.

Had a few physio sessions at the hospital for it too. 

Good luck.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

5 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Ouch. I’ve had a bad back for the last 8 months but for the last 2 I’ve been doing yoga daily and I’ve gone the longest with no pain that I’ve been.

Thoroughly recommend giving it a good go mate.

4 hours ago, Rain King said:

Mine also went this morning for the 3rd time in recent years, really need to get it seen to. I was getting some old decking up.

Barely been able to walk all day. Unfortunately I'd already put up a tent and promised the kids we could sleep in the in the back garden tonight, I'm regretting that now.

16 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I feel for you.

I've struggled with mine since about the same age.

First went lifting an 11 gallon beer keg, never been the same since.

I quite regularly slip a disc by doing the most everyday tasks, my personal best is probably from sneezing lol

Been to the doctors a few times for it, usually end up with anti-inflammatories and a workout guide to strengthen my core.

The doc told me that anyone over 30 who doesn't suffer occasionally is a liar.

He also advised me to drink alcohol in moderation as it works as a muscle relaxant!!!

Stopped going to the GP after he said they'd think about surgery, no thanks.

Had a few physio sessions at the hospital for it too. 

Good luck.

Had a bad back since my 20s (30+ years now) and the only thing that helps me is Chiropractic... sometimes is the only thing that allows me to walk.

Just what works for me, but if you havent tried it, might be worth a thought. :)

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Had a bad back since my 20s (30+ years now) and the only thing that helps me is Chiropractic... sometimes is the only thing that allows me to walk.

Just what works for me, but if you havent tried it, might be worth a thought. :)

True, I say just Yoga helped. I’ve been seeing a chiropractor for 4 months of the time I’ve had issues and this has had a huge impact on the pain.

• Like 1

On 03/04/2021 at 13:31, tom27111 said:

Worked my arse off trying to get as much done in the kitchen today before kick-off.

A few more tile cuts to be made at the top and bottom, then grouting.

Almost there.

We've got kickboards on for the first time in 13 months!

So happy with it though.

20210403_182751.jpg

Impressive Tom

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

i damaged my discs at the age of 28. When I was 40 it got worse and I was on my back for three weeks and eventually lost the motor nerve in my right foot. I won't describe the pain I was in, I'm sure that you can empathize

In 1998, I had spine fusion and have not had serious back pain since. 

My advice to you is get talking to a neurological surgeon a soon as you can. It doesn't necessarily mean that you need surgery but they will give you the best advice. Mine did

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tom27111 said:

Had to delay the Easter dinner because it was the eldests birthday yesterday and she chose Chinese takeaway, them is the rules.

But worth the 24 hour wait for this leg of lamb! 

20210405_162017.jpg

Was it you I saw running out of Tesco’s Beaumont Leys yesterday? 
Some fella ran past the security guard carrying a leg of lamb under his arm. The guard shouted “Hey, what do you think you’re doing with that!?

The bloke shouted back “probably some new potatoes, green beans and mint sauce”

:D

• Haha 4

Just now, Izzy said:

Some fella ran past the security guard carrying a leg of lamb under his arm. The guard shouted “Hey, what do you think you’re doing with that!?

That's one of your better one's lol

15 minutes ago, Izzy said:

At last ! ..  someone has mentioned a leg of lamb and you could get that little belter in ! ...  well done Muzzett ! ..   :)

P.S.  If you want to pm me with a list of other things to mention I’ll bring them up so you you can get some more crappy jokes in ...   :thumbup:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2