Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

8 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

First day back at work after two and a bit weeks off for paternity leave. Not looking forward to it one bit.

Ah congratulations, didn't realise you'd had a new addition :) it's always a bit rubbish going back at first, but there will probably come a time when you're glad of the escape :ph34r:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Had my vaccine notification. 

For some reason the NHS website wants me to travel 15 miles to get it rather than use the local centre 5 mins down the road. 

I’ve known people have the same, they’ve waited it out and checked it occasionally and you usually have some better options pop up. 

• Thanks 1

Day off took my Mum, in her 80’s,  to her doctors for her annual check up. The surgery was totally deserted but they were still 10 minutes late seeing her. 

Went to Loughborough for a bit of shopping. Two items in Boots wanted to use my loyalty points. Didn’t have enough for both, so they scan the cheaper item take my points off but pass me the expensive item, I point this out but ignored. OK he’ll get it when he scans the cheaper item again and the exact same price comes up he’s going to realise, apparently not, again I pointed it out ‘I think you’ve got that wrong’. I don’t know if it was the mask so he didn’t pick up on it but I gave in at that point and just left. 

7 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Took my mum to the supermarket earlier, she find me at the checkouts and says “shortages again aren’t there, panic buying” 

“mum, what have they ran out of?”

”Green beans” 

The bastards lol

On 24/05/2021 at 11:53, RoboFox said:

Had my vaccine notification. 

For some reason the NHS website wants me to travel 15 miles to get it rather than use the local centre 5 mins down the road. 

Yeah that’s what I had as well so was not doing that. Booked to get one done at the general hospital on Friday now might be worth checking online for 

42 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Bloody hot over here in ontario for may 25th. 

This is normally july/august/september weather. 

Swass time!

Screenshot_20210525-144005_Weather Network.jpg

Beats 12°c over here!!!

Mind you expected to shoot upto 20 at weekend, so pants off!!!

1 hour ago, Md9 said:

Yeah that’s what I had as well so was not doing that. Booked to get one done at the general hospital on Friday now might be worth checking online for 

I had this too. I had to book first and second jabs at the same time.

My first, which I had today was at my local vaccination centre in Northampton, my second is in Stoneleigh, Warwickshire, about an hour away.

But I had to take that appointment, so my first jab could be confirmed. 

I'm going to see if I can change it.

Very humbling though today at the vaccine place. This country got a hell of a lot wrong across the pandemic, but to see that today was incredible. 

4 hours ago, Raj said:

Beats 12°c over here!!!

Mind you expected to shoot upto 20 at weekend, so pants off!!!

Hope you plan on wearing shorts nobody wants to see you kachis lol

I definitely cant complain against 12 celsius that's too close to snow for me.

• Like 1

On 24/05/2021 at 07:30, SemperEadem said:

First day back at work after two and a bit weeks off for paternity leave. Not looking forward to it one bit.

How was your first week back going? My first day back is due tomorrow so I share your pain!  Pretty nervous about how I balance looking after our boy, sleeping and working!

23 minutes ago, The Blur said:

How was your first week back going? My first day back is due tomorrow so I share your pain!  Pretty nervous about how I balance looking after our boy, sleeping and working!

You know what not half as bad as I feared. Luckily did not come back to a mountain of untouched stuff to do.

All the best!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Blur said:

You don't. You just get through it. Forget proper sleep. Looking after a new child overrides all other things and somehow, you cope. It's been 22 years since we adopted our (then) baby girl and I was working shifts on the ambulance. It was very difficult but I managed. Shifts helped in a way as I could be there during the day after night shifts and my wife could have a rest. It knackered me TBF but something in your desire to nurture takes over.

Congrats, though. :appl:

Edited by Parafox
  • Thanks 1

Had an endoscopy today. I expected it 5ro be an unpleasant 3/4 mins....and it was. 

I was OK in the run up, then got into what looked like an operating theatre, 4 staff in there and it all looked a bit serious ...and I.kinda thought, shite. I don't fancy this and almost felt like backing out.  

Still, glad I did it after it was done 

11 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Had an endoscopy today. I expected it 5ro be an unpleasant 3/4 mins....and it was. 

I was OK in the run up, then got into what looked like an operating theatre, 4 staff in there and it all looked a bit serious ...and I.kinda thought, shite. I don't fancy this and almost felt like backing out.  

I went for one last year. Felt fine until they started and I kept almost being sick so they had to stop. Horrendous experience.

29 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

5 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

At least you didn't bazz out and have the sedation. Sedation is for wimps 

2 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Anyone who turns down free drugs can’t be trusted IMO

I had one done a few years ago. Also without sedation. 

Very weird and uncomfortable experience. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

At least you didn't bazz out and have the sedation. Sedation is for wimps 

Fvck right off.

I have to have an endoscopy every two years and insist on sedation every time. 

Knock me out and do your worst. I enjoy waking up feeling spaced out but the wife driving me home soon sobers me up :unsure:

8 hours ago, Izzy said:

Fvck right off.

I have to have an endoscopy every two years and insist on sedation every time. 

Knock me out and do your worst. I enjoy waking up feeling spaced out but the wife driving me home soon sobers me up :unsure:

Had one, sedation free, and it's the worst thing you can have done without anaesthetic being mandatory. Absolutely ****ing awful.