Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Applied for a job today. Doubt I’ll get it, but I’m glad I applied. 

Good luck.

What's the position?

Didn't you provide care for someone previously (iirc)?..

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Good luck.

What's the position?

Didn't you provide care for someone previously (iirc)?..

Correct, though I've barely worked for a year because of COVID and this job is in a completely different sector, basically as a 'content creator' for a large local brand. I don't have that much experience for the role but I'm hoping I can get an interview so that I can seduce them with my charm.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Correct, though I've barely worked for a year because of COVID and this job is in a completely different sector, basically as a 'content creator' for a large local brand. I don't have that much experience for the role but I'm hoping I can get an interview so that I can seduce them with my charm.

Good Luck!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Surely if you show them all the threads you've started on here they won't be able to refuse you? 😊 

• Haha 1

So, the diamond drill bit worked, but some of the tiles really didn't like it.

Went to plan B.

Popped some tiles off, put wood behind the bits that are screwed in to the wall, with extra long screws, so I'm spending this weekend cutting curved tile pieces.

At least it's international week.

And despite probably violating lots of fire regulations, I think this looks fvcking awesome!

I've learnt 1 thing though. If you've got a job that needs doing, call @Strokes

@Izzytaught me that lol

IMG-20210326-WA0003.jpeg

Edited by tom27111
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Went to plan B.

Popped some tiles off, put wood behind the bits that are screwed in to the wall, with extra long screws, so I'm spending this weekend cutting curved tile pieces.

And despite probably violating lots of fire regulations, I think this looks fvcking awesome!

@Izzytaught me that lol

IMG-20210326-WA0003.jpeg

Now fire regulations, that I do know about 😂 

The only thing I’ve been thinking about your project Tom, was why did you bother tiling a wall in a faux red brick, when the wall is red brick behind? 😂 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

Now fire regulations, that I do know about 😂 

The only thing I’ve been thinking about your project Tom, was why did you bother tiling a wall in a faux red brick, when the wall is red brick behind? 😂 

It took me months to persuade the Mrs to let me have the brick wall. She was adamant it would be white to match the rest of the room.

I also thought removing the plaster would be ball ache, plus all the rawl plugs in them from years ago, the fact I've channeled in to hide wires and they wouldn't have cleaned up that well and look clean.

It's only around 5 metres square, so not too expensive to do. And it matches the white brick style tiles for the rest of the room! 

• Like 2

Just now, tom27111 said:

It took me months to persuade the Mrs to let me have the brick wall. She was adamant it would be white to match the rest of the room.

I also thought removing the plaster would be ball ache, plus all the rawl plugs in them from years ago, the fact I've channeled in to hide wires and they wouldn't have cleaned up that well and look clean.

It's only around 5 metres square, so not too expensive to do. And it matches the white brick style tiles for the rest of the room! 

I’m just pulling your leg mate, it looks great if you squint.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

I love them shelves, old industrial style conduit brackets. Imagine how good they would look on my wall mounted level.

:ph34r:

The shelves are perfectly level, as are the worktops and upstands.

The problem with the rustic style tiles is that as they aren't perfectly square, they have gone slightly out the higher I've gone lol

The angle of the photo makes it look worse, honest :ph34r:

Close enough lol

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Went to plan B.

@Izzytaught me that lol

IMG-20210326-WA0003.jpeg

Just don't put anything round on it. :ph34r:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

The problem with the rustic style tiles is that as they aren't perfectly square, they have gone slightly out the higher I've gone lol

Close enough lol

lol :fishing:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Close enough lol

I wouldn’t even dare take on tiling mate, I know how anal I am. It would take me weeks and I’d never be happy. I’d just hire someone else and spend the next 10 years criticising their workmanship :D

• Haha 1

Just now, Strokes said:

I wouldn’t even dare take on tiling mate, I know how anal I am. It would take me weeks and I’d never be happy. I’d just hire someone else and spend the next 10 years criticising their workmanship :D

We decided on the rustic look with a 5mm gap instead of the metro style tiles because the metro ones are so square, I'd have definitely cocked up. 

A bit more room for error when they aren't exactly square and uniform lol

2 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

We decided on the rustic look with a 5mm gap instead of the metro style tiles because the metro ones are so square, I'd have definitely cocked up. 

A bit more room for error when they aren't exactly square and uniform lol

Gotya, so buy some shit tiles to match your skillset. Tom’s top tiling tips lol

• Like 1