Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Don't know if this has happened to anyone else but at about 3 in the morning my new mini homepod went off in the bedroom with some loud heavy rock music blarting out ! ...    I thought I was being attacked by a large noisy group of burglars (but quite why Robert Plant and his elderly mates would try and rob me is a bit of a mystery) ...   and leapt up and grabbed my baseball bat that lives under the bed whilst trying to work out who was in the room.      I've only had it a few weeks ...  hope it's not going to be a regular occurrence ! ..    Bloody thing seems to have a mind of its own ...  anyone else had similar problems ????

Had an MRI scan this morning. Weird experience, but after the stress of being blocked in by bin-men, going to wrong car park and then the wrong department (on the other side of Glenfield Hospital) and being a few minutes late, I was delighted just to get into the machine lol 

• Like 1

On 30/03/2021 at 10:54, RonnieTodger said:

Had an MRI scan this morning. Weird experience, but after the stress of being blocked in by bin-men, going to wrong car park and then the wrong department (on the other side of Glenfield Hospital) and being a few minutes late, I was delighted just to get into the machine lol 

They are a little weird.  And noisy.

I had a wisdom tooth taken out at 2 o'clock and it is really starting to ache!

Bit weird. My youngest son loves pretending to be different teams when playing football in the garden. He has a few Leicester Kits but he wanted something different for his back garden matches.

He's been asking to spend the last of his birthday money on other kits, most are going cheap at the moment as it's near the end of the season. I gave him a condition they had to be League One or lower. He spent a while looking through and decided to go with Northampton Town and Forest Green Rovers, so they're arriving next week. 🤣

He also asked for a Millwall kit but I refused that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jon the Hat said:

I got so fed up during my MRI for being admonished for micro movements I couldn't control. 

I tried to fall asleep but only succeeded in doing those weird sleep jerks. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jon the Hat said:

Hospital or dentist extraction?

On 28/03/2021 at 11:47, Countryfox said:

Don't know if this has happened to anyone else but at about 3 in the morning my new mini homepod went off in the bedroom with some loud heavy rock music blarting out ! ...    I thought I was being attacked by a large noisy group of burglars (but quite why Robert Plant and his elderly mates would try and rob me is a bit of a mystery) ...   and leapt up and grabbed my baseball bat that lives under the bed whilst trying to work out who was in the room.      I've only had it a few weeks ...  hope it's not going to be a regular occurrence ! ..    Bloody thing seems to have a mind of its own ...  anyone else had similar problems ????

Mine's done that. Luckily not at that particular time though lol

4 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Bad for mi nerves ! ..  glad it’s not just me. Do you know how to stop it ??  

No idea. 

Only happened a couple times in the 6 months I've had it. Once I came home and it was already playing, which had only freaked out my cat lol

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

No idea. 

Only happened a couple times in the 6 months I've had it. Once I came home and it was already playing, which had only freaked out my cat lol

Obviously a poltergeist that likes music ..  :thumbup:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Dentist.  

Hope the discomfort is easing, and the reason I asked was because a mate had his extracted and cursed his dentist after have his removed. it caused me to make a rare use of private health care when I had to have mine out.

On 28/03/2021 at 16:47, Countryfox said:

My sister had this - Christmas carols blaring out at 3 o’clock on a July morning. 

She blamed her nephew (my eldest) of setting it  up to scare the bejesus out of her and her husband 🤣

Child wisely took the fifth and declined to comment. 

He made me proud on many levels! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

They stopped selling that one here years ago. It was my favourite of McD's burgs.

It's only sold here for about 6 weeks a year. Hence why I went. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Webbo said:

I had my first MacDonald's today for 6 or 8 months. I have to say, I reckon the The Big Tasty is the best burger you can buy. 

18 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

They stopped selling that one here years ago. It was my favourite of McD's burgs.

The Big Tasty is by far and away the best thing they have done, agreed. My husband would order one but ask for Big Mac sauce instead, missing the point that it's the sauce that makes it. Absolute heathen, order a Big Mac instead! 

I did used to love the McRib as well, although I haven't seen it for ages. Spain also don't have nearly as many McDonalds so we haven't had one for months. Probably not a bad thing, but occasionally I miss the convenience, and sometimes it's all you want. 

• Like 2