Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

1 minute ago, tom27111 said:

Do you know my Mrs? You sound just like her lol

Thanks though, mate, I might give it a go.

If a job's worth doing and all that :thumbup:

Mate - your wall finish and sockets look waaaaay better than mine do at the moment...

😬🙈

A6DED82C-BFCB-4BAF-84B3-65F405F9DDB5.jpeg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Mate it’s 3 wires, it’s not rocket science.

Turn the power off, take the front of the two sockets off and take a photo of the connections.

Buy 2x metal 2 gang back boxes. Less than a quid and chop out a recess behind. If you do it with a multi tool you might not disturb the tiles. Then fix the boxes in, re connect the sockets and it will look wicked. 😁

You’d need a deeper box for the cooker switch, it won’t fit in a regular one. Also if it’s a brick wall, you’ll need an sds to chop out. Or the old fashioned hammer and chisel :thumbup:

Just now, Lcfc-1992 said:

You’d need a deeper box for the cooker switch, it won’t fit in a regular one. Also if it’s a brick wall, you’ll need an sds to chop out. Or the old fashioned hammer and chisel :thumbup:

You can do it with a multi tool if it’s internal course is the breeze block but yes if it’s red brick it’s going to be messy.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Strokes said:

You can do it with a multi tool if it’s internal course is the breeze block but yes if it’s red brick it’s going to be messy.

It's red brick. 

It's an ex-council house which probably explains why it's like that.

I had to channel out the plaster to chase the wiring in to the walls.

I think I'll have to live with it how it is, but really happy with how it's coming along.

I put some 60x30 york stone floor tiles down. 

Kept the kitchen units as they were solid, but moved some wall units, got new doors, worktops and sink.

Fitted upstands, new built in oven and hob. 

Tiled that wall today and because the walls are in such a shit state, I'm tiling the other walls too, similar style, but white.

It started as a lockdown project, but you always get sidetracked. Just want to get it done now.

Vast improvement and it's so much more satisfying to do it yourself.

Would've cost bloody thousands to have it all designed and done, but I don't think it would've been much different. Aside from flush sockets lol

It's the grouting I dread.

Edited by tom27111

1 minute ago, tom27111 said:

It's red brick. 

It's an ex-council house which probably explains why it's like that.

I had to channel out the plaster to chase the wiring in to the walls.

I think I'll have to live with it how it is, but really happy with how it's coming along.

I put some 60x30 york stone floor tiles down. 

Kept the kitchen units as they were solid, but moved some wall units, got new doors, worktops and sink.

Fitted upstands, new built in oven and hob. 

Tiled that wall today and because the walls are in such a shit state, I'm tiling the other walls too, similar style, but white.

It started as a lockdown project, but you always get sidetracked. Just want to get it done now.

Vast improvement and it's so much more satisfying to do it yourself.

Would've got bloody thousands to have it all designed and done, but I don't think it would've been much different. Aside from flush sockets lol

It's the grouting I dread.

Fair play mate,

Sorry I pointed that out, I hope it doesn’t drive you mad now. :D

Just moved house so spent a bit of money on some top quality Sabatier knives....the quality is so good that I’ve managed to take off the end of one of my fingers and most of my finger nail chopping some coriander. Spent most of the evening sat in the Bradford Royal trying to get the bleeding to stop. So yeah, settling in well so far. lol 

18 minutes ago, Manini said:

Just moved house so spent a bit of money on some top quality Sabatier knives....the quality is so good that I’ve managed to take off the end of one of my fingers and most of my finger nail chopping some coriander. Spent most of the evening sat in the Bradford Royal trying to get the bleeding to stop. So yeah, settling in well so far. lol 

Jesus. 

Sounds horrible, think I'd have passed out.

At least the knives are good! Stop poncing about with coriander lol

Hope you're OK, mate.

31 minutes ago, Manini said:

11 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Jesus. 

Hope you're OK, mate.

Agreed. The lesson here is fvck the coriander off in to the bin. 

But yes, fingers crossed you pull through ( :giggle:). Seriously though, hope you're okay. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Jesus. 

Hope you're OK, mate.

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Agreed. The lesson here is fvck the coriander off in to the bin. 

But yes, fingers crossed you pull through ( :giggle:). Seriously though, hope you're okay. 

Cheers lads. I’m all good now, just can’t believe I’ve done itlol. The initial shock of when it happened was pretty grim, the doctor reckons it should heal fairly normally but it might not look exactly the same. Funnily enough I was lecturing the Mrs last night about how carful we both needed to be because fresh out the box knives are lethal until they dull slightly - at least I wasn’t wrong. 

I’m sure Marco Pierre White has sustained many similar injuries in his career so I’m in good company (sort of!). 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Manini said:

Cheers lads. I’m all good now, just can’t believe I’ve done itlol. The initial shock of when it happened was pretty grim, the doctor reckons it should heal fairly normally but it might not look exactly the same. Funnily enough I was lecturing the Mrs last night about how carful we both needed to be because fresh out the box knives are lethal until they dull slightly - at least I wasn’t wrong. 

I’m sure Marco Pierre White has sustained many similar injuries in his career so I’m in good company (sort of!). 

Maybe go back to the old knives before you have 1 hand like Jeremy Beadle lol

5 hours ago, Manini said:

lol binned them didn’t I. I’ll never moan about a blunt one ever again.

Keep the knives, Sabatier are class, just don't go shoving your fingers underneath the blade!  Keep the hand feeding the food to the blade curled and use the knuckles to guide the blade, honestly this is a skill everybody should be taught.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Keep the knives, Sabatier are class, just don't go shoving your fingers underneath the blade!  Keep the hand feeding the food to the blade curled and use the knuckles to guide the blade, honestly this is a skill everybody should be taught.

Cheers mate. Definitely need to refresh on the above. As mentioned, annoyed it’s happened because I thought I’d nailed how to use a knife correctly and I’ve watched many similar videos to the above, and up to this point had had no serious injuries. Just a lapse in concentration I think - annoying, and I definitely won’t be able to go and play golf in a couple of weeks after waiting for months but it could have been worse I guess.

On 16/03/2021 at 22:19, Manini said:

I have managed to take the tip of my right index finger off this week too! It’s literally hanging on by about a mm! What did they do at the hospital? I’m considering superglue!! I’m kind of hoping that it just sort of ‘glues’ itself back together over time, but if I catch it, it’s like something out of a slasher movie!! 

Please advise 😂 🔪🩸

6 hours ago, stix said:

I have managed to take the tip of my right index finger off this week too! It’s literally hanging on by about a mm! What did they do at the hospital? I’m considering superglue!! I’m kind of hoping that it just sort of ‘glues’ itself back together over time, but if I catch it, it’s like something out of a slasher movie!! 

Please advise 😂 🔪🩸

Soaked it in sterilised fluid, wrapped it with Kaltostat and put a finger bandage on and I’m going back every 3/4 days for them to keep an eye on it and to redress it. You need to go and get it looked at if it’s hanging off and still bleeding mate don’t risk an infection and lose the whole end of your finger lol 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Manini said:

Soaked it in sterilised fluid, wrapped it with Kaltostat and put a finger bandage on and I’m going back every 3/4 days for them to keep an eye on it and to redress it. You need to go and get it looked at if it’s hanging off and still bleeding mate don’t risk an infection and lose the whole end of your finger lol 

Ah it’ll be reet. It only bleeds if I look at it :ph34r:

1 hour ago, stix said:

Ah it’ll be reet. It only bleeds if I look at it :ph34r:

Mine hasn’t stopped yet to be fair I don’t think, every time they take the bandage off it just starts again lol I’ve next got to go on Sunday so if it’s still not healing **** knows what the next plan is 

36 minutes ago, Manini said:

Mine hasn’t stopped yet to be fair I don’t think, every time they take the bandage off it just starts again lol I’ve next got to go on Sunday so if it’s still not healing **** knows what the next plan is 

Amputation of your hand. Absolutely guaranteed way to stop your finger bleeding lol

13 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Amputation of your hand. Absolutely guaranteed way to stop your finger bleeding lol

Id take the whole arm off for a belt and braces approach ..  and whilst under the knife I’d have the other one off too to avoid listing to starboard when walking ..  :thumbup: