Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

On Saturday, I jumped on a bus out to Blaby and did a short walk down the canal and across to Countesthorpe. Just needed a brief change of scene to counteract lockdown depression/insanity.

I then realised that, other than a walk to Leicester Racecourse (technically in Oadby) for the jab, I'd not left the city of Leicester for six months.

Oddest sight was a dead duck floating down the middle of the canal on its back, beak and webbed feet pointing skywards.

Second oddest sight was Putney Road. Walked down there from Welford Road to Morrison's to get the bus - my old route to the stadium, which I'd last taken a year ago.

I know there was already a lot of construction work ongoing, but amazing what's sprung up or been completed in the last year: several student residences, a multi-storey car park & a large self-storage facility....like a different road.

Good day Saturday - good boost getting a brief change of scene. Even better day yesterday.....brag, brag...

Sunday was a good day.  Sun shine on and off, cycle ride with the family, not very far but up a nearby hill with lovely old Church on top, lovely views of the South downs.  Came home, spent an hour tidying up outside and the garage.  Nice bottle of wine, sat down to watch the game.  Great result followed by a lovely roast Lamb dinner and a bit of Line of Duty.  Lovely.

2 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

365 days done.

Been learning a little Spanish every day.

Muy bueno!

Ahora puedes hablar cojones en dos idiomas... lol

Edited by Buce
  • Haha 2

On 21/03/2021 at 19:26, Izzy said:

Fvckin brilliant Thankyou.

My football club reached the FA Cup semi final for the first time in 39 years today 

:scarf:

It's the first time Alf has had a semi in about that long as well!

• Haha 1

Just spent a small fortune on a shelf unit, very similar to this, to finish off my brick feature wall in the kitchen.

150cm wide, 75cm high.

I know I'm now officially old because I couldn't be more excited lol

Just need to drill through porcelain to fit it now.

Diamond tipped drill bit, with masking tape over the top @Strokes?

Sorry for asking, blame @Izzy:whistle:

download (1).png

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Just spent a small fortune on a shelf unit, very similar to this, to finish off my brick feature wall in the kitchen.

150cm wide, 75cm high.

I know I'm now officially old because I couldn't be more excited lol

Just need to drill through porcelain to fit it now.

Diamond tipped drill bit, with masking tape over the top @Strokes?

Sorry for asking, blame @Izzy:whistle:

download (1).png

I use these, but remember once you’ve gone through the tile, change to a regular masonry bit or you will ruin it.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/bosch-cyl-9-ceramic-tile-drill-bit-6mm/59438

• Thanks 1

Was okay until I lost my wallet when I was in Asda :( went home empty handed cos had the shopping money in there. Annoyed with myself most of all cos literally 20 min before that gave some homeless couple 10 quid. Thought karma was meant to reward good deeds not mess everything up grrr...

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, Strokes said:

I use these, but remember once you’ve gone through the tile, change to a regular masonry bit or you will ruin it.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/bosch-cyl-9-ceramic-tile-drill-bit-6mm/59438

Your drill bit is rubbish lol

Think the tiles are too hard for it.

Trying this instead...

https://www.toolstation.com/spectrum-ttd-pro-all-tile-drill-bit/p78727?store=N3&utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=googleshoppingfeed&gclid=CjwKCAjw6fCCBhBNEiwAem5SOzdumlhbmclL36OIzfiL6-3pXGuS4VtZ-Ksm2eOwwgqskeLXq1OVoBoCXkIQAvD_BwE#reviewTab

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

You know what they say about a person who blames his tools :whistle:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

I’ve never had an issue with them mate but it might be that the type of tile you are using is made of different material to what I come up against.

Yeah, I think these are really hard porcelain. 

It got about halfway through, but not doing anything.

I'm off to collect the other one, hopefully does the job :thumbup:

• Like 1